October 21, 2014 | 1757 users online

Hair Treatments - Ion - Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by dessyladawn

This is the best stuff ever!!!!! I have very thick medium length hair and I'm constantly dying my hair. I have used everything from Paul Mitchell to deep conditioners and nothing has worked! I washed my hair with the ion repairs shampoo (the red bottle) washed and applied the reconstructor. My hair feels soft and the ends of my hair are smooth and no longer look like a frayed tooth brush!!!! Also I left the constructor in for about 15 minutes. I cannot express how much I love this stuff! I went from fried hair that I nearly went and chopped 4 inches off. To smooth shiny healthy hair. Everyone's hair is different but I highly recommend. It is a protein treatment and I didn't need a conditioner after. And the smell is amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Seshka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about 3 years ago, since I used to color treat and iron my hair a lot and it became a frizzy, brittle mess. I got the large pump bottle and used it weekly.

As a reconstructor, it worked wonders on my hair but only after I learned two things about it:
1. This product is -not- conditioning. Using a deep conditioner after rinsing it off is a must.
2. Less is more. Using too much product leaves hair feeling oddly stiff.

I now use it monthly, since I abandoned damaging hair treatments and heat tools over a year ago. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by luckystarre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been looking for something to bring my hair back to life after a horrible bleach job by a colorist who did not know how to do ombre. I was left with tons of breakage, incredibly dry ends and frizz galore. My hair has never been such a mess. I tried deep conditioners thinking upping my hair's moisture level would make a difference, but it didn't. I was browsing Sally's and thought I'd try one of the little one-use packets of this product. I put it on my towel-dried hair and left it in under a shower cap for about an hour. My hair was so soft afterwards. I could feel a difference from one use. I went back to Sally's and bought the full size bottle for $13. It is a HUGE bottle. I've use it once a week or so for about a month and a half and my hair has MUCH less breakage, holds styles much better, the frizz is gone and it's incredibly shiny. My hair looks healthy again. With continued use, I think this product (along with the occasional trim to get rid of the too-dead-to-fix ends) will bring my hair back to life.

I love the packaging - it's a large pump bottle. A steal at $13. The smell is a cherry almond smell, which I really enjoy. In my experience, it doesn't linger on your hair afterwards, so if that's not your fave smell, I wouldn't worry too much.

I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sweetsparkless

If you bleach your hair often you need this product! It rebuilds and strengthens the hair. I use it three times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Paula1335

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must of read each and every review not only from this website but from Sally's website as well. I have long (two inches above waist) thick Hispanic hair. I like to wear it straight so that means I struggle with the hot blow dryer then flat iron the "frizzes" get the idea? I take good care of my hair and only dye the root area of the stinky greys (fml)... so in general my hair is in good shape but for the past few months even after regular trims my hair has been feeling a bit dry and rough, I also had a Brazilian blowout about a year ago and I loved loved it, however after being dignosed with Noninvasive (in situ) breast cancer, sooooo I'm staying away from power chemicals as the Brazilian Blowout... I longed for that look though, straight sleek glam with little effort... So I had to search for an alternative and this is it!! I started with a deep clarify treatment (Suave) lol clarify shampoo ( BTW, this is the best shampoo to rid your hair of over conditioning and over doing it with styling products. Any back to this product.. I went ahead and washed my hair three times left is stiff and no thing else. Got out to the shower and straight to towel dry (DO NOT and I mean DO NOT try to comb your hair becuzz it's stiff and will break!! I gently toweled dried my hair for about 2 minutes squezzing all the water out and then I proceeded to work this product into my hair. The smell is ok nothing to rate about, the product is kinda running so I did use a lot of it. I started bottom up. Then wrapped in with a plastic hair cap and went to watch TV, about an hour later I rinsed it off for about 5 minutes and then I went ahead and blow dried by hair with no leave in or serums just to test the effectiveness of this product.
Outcome: Ta Da!! Pure Magic my hair was really soft and manageable and although I still have frizzes they are under control and not very noticeable. I think if I would of used a serum or leave in the frizzes would of been gone... Anyways I really love this product and wonder why some reviews were below expectation, I guess we all have different hair and products work good for some and for some it doesn't. Anyways for me it worked and I will try to do this once a week...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by xmaryx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in a packet just to try it out. I followed it up with a moisturizing conditioner when I used it and after I styled my hair it felt really dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by oopsyadaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have dry thicker hair, I don't recommend this product. It smells gooooood! Comes out like liquid gold. But its an illusion because if you pass a horse barn during feeding don't expect not to have the animals stampede after you mistaking your hair for dinner. Yes its that bad. I think if your hair is dry, then condition condition condition. This says weak damaged hair so its probably for those with finer thin sparse sprigs not thicker dry ones like what I got on my head. I tried to go outside the box and try something different. And I will keep doing that to spice stuff up. But for this. Its a No. For those that it works for yay and all that jazz, and all keep buying it. I know for me this is a thumbs down. I will stick with Aveda products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by hayleighlynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. Use it in the shower once a week for 5 minutes and it really works wonders for your hair. The smell is pleasant and a little goes a long way, would recommend this for bleached/processed hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

*dances* Ok! I get it! I see the awesomeness that is the Ion Reconstructor. I had previously used Ion Effective Care (their moisture/protein treatment) and it had worked well for me when my hair needed the extra boost. Over the past few months I discovered that my hair (fine, 2a/2b) seems to respond well to protein. I have tried Nexxus Emergencee and Joico K Pak...the Ion Reconstructor is better.

After washing with Redken Cleansing Cream, I apply the Reconstructor generously throughout my hair, root to tips, making sure to coat each strand. I then clip up my hair for 5 to 10 minutes (depending on how much time I have), and then rinse completely. Then I squeeze out excess water and apply a protein-free (and preferably silicone-free, just because) conditioner; I usually have GVP Conditioning Balm on hand for this. Leave that in for 5-10 minutes, rinse. My hair will then dry naturally into strong, shiny, beautiful waves. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

Not sure about this one yet. On the plus side, I got it for free when I renewed my Sally's membership. Another plus, it smells like old school Jergen's cherry almond lotion or hand soap. One of my favorites! What is it doing for my hair though? I dunno. Leaving it rough and tangled afterwards, yep. DEFINITELY follow this one with a really moisturizing conditioner. I'll give it a few more tries...