July 29, 2014 | 1989 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

I am generally a huge Aveda junkie. I'm part of the pure privilege program; I get my hair cut at Aveda salons; and regularly use my points at Aveda spas. This was introduced to me at a recent salon visit where the stylist dabbed a small glob in my hair before using the hair straightener on me and I loved it. It doesn't feel oily or greasy, it just feels like your hair is protected and it seems to work with the heat from the straightener to give you really really soft, glossy, polished straight hair. What was nice was that with the smooth infusion and my hair straightener at home, I was able to almost completely replicate what they stylist did at the salon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by BrandieJeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is actually for the new Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight.Its not available in the product list yet. Its just one step and made my tight coils look like I have a relaxer.

This is the results after the 5th use:

This video is the first time I used it

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when my stylist used it at my hair appointment. I have coarse naturally wavy hair. I just used a pea size amount and make sure to avoid the roots. It really does help straighten the hair. I just use a round brush and it glides thru my hair so easily. Did I mention it leaves my hair glossy! I've gotten several compliments since using this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Laurenlouise31

I'm a hairdresser and me and my mum both use this product on your thick, frizzy course hair!! We love it! We both have thick hair above shoulders and use about a 20p coin size on the mid lengths and ends with a little morrocan oil too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Zedgirl

I purchased this product recently as I've been using the smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner for approx 4 months now and love what they've done for my hair. The glossing straightener however has left me disappointed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it makes my hair dull, dry, almost crispy, not smooth and shiny like my Argan Oil leaves my hair. I'll keep using it as it was expensive but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lorwayk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product works wonders on my hair! I try not to straighten too often, but when I do decide to I put some of this on my damp hair before I blow dry. I have very long hair and usually when i blowdry the ends are what look frizzy. When i use this product the ends of my hair look wonderful! The product smells great (as do all Aveda products.) I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This is the first Aveda product that I've used, & I have to say it works really well. The only thing I will warn anyone about would be that this can be heavy if you use too much, especially for people with fine hair. DO NOT put this near your roots, or your hair will look oily. If used in moderation, & closer to the ends of the hair, this product is great. This tamed my flyaways, controlled frizz, helped my hair straighten faster, & made my hair smooth & glossy. This also has heat protectant in it, which I'm always on the search for since I flat iron my hair frequently. I felt this product did a good job at protecting my hair from heat damage. This does have a citrusy scent, but once you style your hair you cannot detect the smell. The price is a little steep for as much product as you get, ($22). Granted, you only need to use 2 little globs, so it should last a while. Overall, good product & I would definitely buy this again once I run out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Me: thick, coarse hair with unruly waves that I beat into submission with a flat iron, and very prone to frizz. I'd read the reviews of Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener in past but was fortunate that I didn't really need it (I only flat iron my hair twice a week, after I wash and dry it, and that was almost always enough to keep it looking smooth and straight, the way I like it).

Recently, however, I have started to practise yoga and about half my sessions are hot yoga. The heat and humidity mean I leave the room with my once smooth, neat hair looking like I've been pulled through a hedge backward and then electrocuted - wavy, frizzy, pouffy hair that I am having to flat iron a whole lot more than I used to do and more than I like to do. So I was looking for a "miracle product" that would help my hair maintain at least a bit of its smoothness. Alas, this product doesn't do it but I don't think any product would - that's the nature of my hair when it encounters extreme heat and humidity. But this is a really excellent product for ensuring that my newly washed hair ends up looking smooth and shiny. It won't replace Moroccan Oil in my "arsenal" of hair care products but it's a nice addition. I love the scent - an herbal smell that is really familiar but which I can't quite place. It's something I would certainly repurchase but it's no miracle "straightener".
UPDATE (of sorts): I tried combining a small squirt of Smooth Infusion with a small amount of Moroccan Oil and I love the result - the 2 products used together - I mix them in the palm of my hand - really seem to work better than either product on its own (and I do love both of these products used on their own). I've been doing this for about 2 weeks now and I'm happy with the results - my hair looks smoother and shinier generally and it goes considerably less crazy during hot yoga. It still leaves me envying the straight haired gals but at least I look a bit less like I've been through a whirlwind!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why all the great reviews?! This made my hair CRUNCHY. and very time consuming to dry. Also in humid weather, my hair resembled candyfloss. NOT the wonder product it's made out to be.

Haaahaha!! I was soooo wrong. It must have been the MOP C Complex conditioner I was using. It's very drying and not conditioning at all. So, I didn't use that conditioner this morning but still used this - WOW!!!!!! Soft, shiny, silky hair. I'm off to eat humble pie :D

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Evets

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am about to buy my 3rd tube of Glossing straightener from Aveda. Just shopping around for the best price! It does last a long time. My husband (67) and I (61) BOTH love it better than ANY OTHER hair product we have ever used. I just get scared that it will be discontinued as the precursor (Aveda but can't remember the name) did. That was when I switched and still wish the other one was made because you do have to be very careful not to overdo this. Other was a little more carefree. But the results are fantastic and in the long run very economical! (3 tubes in 3-4 years with constant use).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No