August 21, 2014 | 1108 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Hussy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a pinky coral matte blush as I've noticed that blushes that contain fine shimmer enlarge some pores on my cheeks. This blush is exactly what I was looking for. The pigmentation is amazing, it's very finely milled, no shimmer to it and it applies so smoothly, like butter! I have very dry skin that is prone to flaking, especially in winter and this has not emphasized my dry patches at all. For me it's the perfect everyday blush and it's a shade I can see suiting a wide range of skin tones. In my opinion Illamasqua blushes blow MAC and NARS out of the water for texture, pigmentation and application. Looking forward to trying other shades from their line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite blush so far. Amazing pigmentation (althought the staying power is not the best), gives (if applied with LIGHT hand) the right amount of color to my face, looks great on fair or tanned skin.....just the best shade for my complexion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Terrific pigmentation, lovely, smooth application to my cheeks, sadly the colour was far too warm and pink for my skin-tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great pigmented warm pink that compliments my NC43 skin tone perfectly. I tend to look garish in pink, but the warmth of this watermelon pink suits me a gives me a natural, girly flush. I love that it's matte, it looks natural and not one bit flat or dryish.

The packaging though, is to bulky for my taste. I much prefer sleeker, more travel friendly compacts. i do like that it is a clear plastic front that makes it easy to see which color it is, instead of a mirror. I have never used the mirror in my bushes any way, and it saves time in the morning, since I have more than one Illa blush.

Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Wow so this blush is very 'Super'- super-pigmented, super watermelon bright, super pretty and super hard to apply!

Less is definitely more and if you aren't used to applying blush with such high pigment to powder ratio then you'll definitely need to adapt your technique. I think because of this it is going to be one of those love/hate products for me. I'll love it because done well it is so flattering and pretty but done in haste it is going to look blotchy and probably overdone.
Even my brushes which pick up pigment lightly (Suquu cheek) struggle with Hussy. I have found that the best way to apply is a single dab with RT setting brush and then blended in using a clean RT buffing brush.

The formula is lovely and soft but also quite crumbly- I could see this breaking easily if not handled with care.

So assuming I have applied it properly.... it gives a really lovely healthy glow. It isn't what I would call a natural glow because the watermelon pink colour is a little artificial to be natural with my skintone but it's nonetheless very enlivening and brightening.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Lovely color! this is nowhere near coral! this shade loks amazing and the quality is perfection!! its like cream its soo smooth! glides on like butter!
everyone has their own makeup style and you all need to respect that! if someone prefers heavier blush...thats their style! from marilyn monroe to megan fox
every gal has her own makeup style! we rent drones who wear our makeup the same!
get a life

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is such a pretty blush! I've been on the hunt for a blush that makes me look happy and refreshed for years, and this is it. You could rise at 6AM after a wild night of partying, yet a pop of this on your cheeks will have your complexion looking healthy and alive. I can't say this for any other blush.

I'd describe the color as a heavily pigmented, bright, watermelon pink. And when I say pigmented, I really mean it! I advise applying this with a stippling brush (MAC 188 is perfect) for the most natural looking application.

It's funny. I didn't think that a completely matte blush would be able to bring life to my complexion, but this proved me wrong. Illamasqua is really onto something! The texture isn't chalky or "powdery" like many matte powder blushes either. It's very rich and almost "creamy" if that makes sense. It feels luxe.

The only thing that I don't like about this blush is the crappy packaging. It feels cheap, and it's not a perfect square (instead, edges are inverted and the corners taper back out). I've heard many people say that the packaging comes apart easily, so I've been careful when storing this, lol.

Other than that, this blush is pretty much perfect. Nothing will awaken your complexion like Illamasqua's 'Hussy'!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The shade gives my cool/neutral pale olive with red undertones complexion the perfect natural warm blush... Too bad. It is the same shade as my natural blush except it is too warm. It is very pigmented. The trick is to use a bit right on the apples of the cheeks. I can't fault it for not being the right shade for me so: It loses lippies for cheap packaging and being so expensive (but the redeeming quality is that a little goes a long way) and it is not available in my town, nor does Sephora Canada ship it (wth?) that I had to buy it on evilBay. For a $30+ blush, I also expected better packaging. I won't be repurchasing this brand because I prefer Make Up Forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I tried this blush because of so many positive reviews. While this blush didn't look bad on me (when I applied with a light touch using a fan brush) I actually find I prefer my Bobbi Brown blush in Apricot. This gives me the effect that Hussy gives me, but with slight more glow and less matte. This might work for alot of people, but I guess I'm a little disappointed that this blush did not improve on what I already have and love.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Jaclyn86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Woa! Super pigmented! Might be best applying this with a fan brush as my regular blush brushes just collect too much product even with lightest touch. I actually found this really hard to blend, but persevered as the colours just so beautiful! Even when I did manage to blend this out it still looked quite obvious on my skin. Definitely not a colour I'd wear to work, but perfect for a fun summer weekend look.