September 21, 2014 | 1912 users online

Highlighters - NARS - The Multiple in Copacabana

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

Best highlighter ever. Had it for 5 months now. Although it's a bit pricey for a highlighter the amount you get is enormous. Increadibly easy to use, almost foolproof. I use it for my eyebrow arch and cheeks. Blends in perfectly and catches the light amazingly. No glitter or shimmer just a beautiful natural glow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful champagne pink colour with a hint of glimmer, I only ever use this as a highlighter over blush on my NC15 skin. I just glide it on over top of cheek bones and pat in with my fingers. I have learnt not to use too much as it can "ball up" over liquid foundation and powder products if I am too heavy handed. The formula is very smooth and easy to apply.

NZ and Aussie girls the cheapest place I have found to get my Nars fix is kissandmakeupny. The swatches online and the real life product for Copacabana look more like a nude brown/silver champagne but it definately goes on a pinky/champagne/silver so don't be put off by a "brown" online swatch.

The only reason I doubt I will be repurchasing this is I think I'm going to be using this for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Copacabana is one of the prettiest highlighters for fair skin! It's a pearly light pink color that is very similar to Benefits High Beam. The Multiple is a cream to powder product, that is meant for the lips, cheeks, and eyes. I only use it as a highlighter for my cheeks, nose, and cuspids bow. To apply I use freshly washed fingers, or a brush like MAC 217. It blends really easy, and adds a nice glow to my skin. It's quickly become one of my favorite highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never really use these words, but this could be my HG highlighter. Whereas NARS albatross is made for warm toned girls this was made for pale complexions. If you are olive or dark skin toned then you may feel this looks "frosty" on you.

The color is hard to describe, It is a pearly white/gray/lavender/pink opalescent color that gives a beautiful glow on the skin. I have used my fingers and a brush to apply, both are beautiful. The NARS makeup artist said she prefers using an angled blush brush. Unlike others, I do not see chunky glitter but its true that it is shimmery. If you are wanting something super natural looking then this may disappoint you.

I gave it 3 stars for price because I definitely feel it is expensive ($39 US), however, they give enough product and you use such a little amount that I can see this lasting me a very long time. I'm obsessed, love love love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful colour but I don't seem to be a fan of the multiples. There's tons of product but I don't find it bless very well. I use this, but not a lot. Next time I'll buy the liquid version instead because the colour really is gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this multiple. It is probably the Nars multiple I use the most. I am a fan of highlighters but don't always end up liking the effects. Sometimes they can be too metallic and unreal looking. This one can do that if applied to heavily. I like to use my finger to dab it on. Dab on hands then on face. It is a subtle sheen for cheekbones, tip of nose, chin, and cupids bow. The stick looks like a strange color but it is an irredescent pinkish color. Very flattering especially on light skin tones. I think it could be good on darker skin tones as well to stand out. Maybe not the best for very warm complexions. More of a cool toned shade. A little goes a long way. These are expensive, I hope it lasts. So far I have had for 2 years and it still works fine. The best hightlighter I have used to date.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Copacobana color on my cheek bones and on the brow bone. However, I do not think I will be repurchasing the multiple. It is very easy to use, as I apply with my fingers, but it just doesn't blend as well as powder or liquid products. I think for the price, there are better highlighters out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is such a lovely product. I love using it all over the high points of my face, the inner corners of my lids, and cupids bow, then dusting my face with foundation or setting powder. I've found that applying my highlighter before my foundation makes my highlighter "fool-proof" and imparts the glow without alot of the obviousness of a shimmery highlighter like the NARS one. Will continue to use and re-purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

I love NARS.Espically the Copacanbana shade. But I prefer the liquid over this product anyday. This shows up on my skin gorgeously. But I hate the formula and the packaging. I might have gotten a bad one but there is sparkle in this product that I don't like. It just looks bad on me and the color doesn't last but about 15 minutes and then leaves glittler on my skin. I don't like glitter on my skin at all. I also do not like the stick form of this product. My is extremely dry and I cannot directly apply to my face because it drags my skin. Instead I use a small buffing brush to try to pcik up product but it doesn't work very well. I would say check this out in a store before purchase. It is highly sad I don't like this because I really wanted to. It is possible I could have gotten a bad one but I don't know.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE:
Ok, I have to remove some lippies. I used to really like this multiple. Now, as it has gotten older, the consistency of the product has changed. After about 4-5 months, it turned a slightly silvery color in the tube. I couldn't figure out why it had gone from my HG highlighter, to something I never touch.
I realized the product dried out a bit, and lost its creaminess. It is now really difficult to get this to blend. It goes on really dry and is a quite visible pink strip on my cheekbone. Trying to blend it out just ruins my foundation.

Way too expensive for it to be trash after only a few months! If it was half the price, I would have considered a re-purchase, but it's just to expensive to replace every 5 months.

I recently picked up the Becca shimmering skin liquid in pearl, and am really loving this.

*******************************************
Original Review:
HG highlighter! Works really well on my fair/cool skin tone to highlight cheekbones. It blends out really nicely, leaving a gorgeous glow. It's almost impossible to over-do it with this too.
Lasting power is good for me, and very creamy, which I love, since I have very dry skin.

For a multiple - I def won't be using this on my lips, or as anything besides a cheek highlight.
Although it's a bit pricey, I will re-purchase.