L'Oreal Clean Artiste

3.9

GREEN BOTTLE / Waterproof & Long Wearing: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl, Palmitate, Dipotassium, Phosphate, Panthenol, Poloxamer 184, Polyaminopropyl, Biguanide, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride. ~~~BLUE BOTTLE / 100% Oil-Free: Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

on 1/31/2015 11:51:00 AM

It takes waterproof and long wear makeup off. It does not sting my eyes. It does leave some of a residue but it's no big deal because I wash my face after using the makeup remover.

Gets rid of my eye makeup fast! Recommend for waterproof and regular eye makeup. You will love it!

on 1/12/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I've been using the waterproof (green) formula for several years. It easily and quickly removes both waterproof mascara and long-wear lip color. On my eyes, I dribble a bit of Clean Artist onto either a fold of tissue or a cotton pad, hold the damp pad against my eye for less than a minute, then gently wipe the makeup off. No tugging or stretching, clean eyes. If you are going to reapply makeup, it works best to wash with soap and warm water to remove any Clean Artiste residue.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love this remover, the green one for waterproof makeup, sometimes its hard to find here, i get happy when i see they have it at target, it really removes the toughest makeup, i like it better than high end brands

on 8/25/2014 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

literally burns my eyelids

on 3/12/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product works well for me. It isn't the best at removing waterproof mascara though. A trick I learned on youtube helped me to use this product though.
To remove waterproof mascara, saturate a cotton round with the remover. With a closed eye, hold the saturated round against your lid, allowing the product to "break up" the mascara. I usually hold it there for 15-20 seconds per eye. (longer for stubborn mascaras like Benefit's They're Real) Then gently pat the eye area.
Using this technique has really helped me with this product.

I do like how this leaves skin feeling clean. Other products I have tried leave a greasy feeling to my skin that can be difficult to rinse off.

Although, I do prefer the Maybelline clean express makeup wipes. (they are pricier in the long run though) Price wise, the L'oreal works well. I would repurchase.

on 3/6/2014 6:30:00 PM

Love this stuff. Given that I love the LancĂ´me version and they are the parent company, the formulation must not be that far off.

on 10/5/2013 9:19:00 PM

Horrible at removing waterproof mascaras. I seriously can't understand how this gets any positive reviews unless I bought there's a bad lot going around right now. Even with rubbing and rubbing mascara will not remove. Causing wrinkles trying to remove!

I have the little green bottle of this, which is made for waterproof makeup. This is a fairly easy cleaner to use, simply shake up the bottle (to fuse the different components or some such), dab some one a cotton ball, hold over eye region for a few seconds and wipe your makeup off. Despite the title, for waterproof mascara and long-lasting eyeliner this takes a little more scrubbing to take totally off. I have been using this remover for the past few months daily and am only a little more than halfway through the bottle, so despite its size this has been lasting me. I dislike the "childproof" medicine bottle-like cap, where you have to push down and twist to open. I feel that that was an unnecessary element. The big CVS bottle I;ve had before this was just a normal twistoff cap, and that suited me just fine, not like the product leaked any with it.

But this is a nice non-irritating remover and I would consider repurchasing.

on 7/28/2013 2:01:00 AM

Worst makeup remover I've ever used. I usually use the Neutrogena wipes but ran out. My roommate had this and let me use it but I might of well used soap and water. To get off mascara and eyeliner you would literally need to use half the bottle. Not to mention you basically have to scrub your eye lids. I will never use it again or recommend it to anyone.