July 30, 2014 | 2039 users online

Mascara - Giorgio Armani - Eyes to Kill

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got my first tube of Eyes To Kill a few days ago. I saw MakeupByTiffanyD loved it so I thought I would see if it worked on my lashes. Sadly it didn't agree with my eyes. It made my eyes water like crazy, it didn't even put a lot of volume or length to my lashes. I did like that it was not a really wet formula. I liked the packaging. But I am kind of pissed I spent nearly $50 including shipping for this mascara and I didn't get the results I wanted. I will use it and maybe layer it with another mascara so it doesn't go to waste. Would not repurchase. My advice is to not waste your money on this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

One of the best, a bit overpriced. Volumizing, thickening, lengthening, very black... I prefer this for a night out because it's so thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by loz07

This is my HG mascara. I've tried heaps, including Chanel, Dior, Lancome and Clinique. This is perfectly buildable, doesn't clump, and lengthens my lashes wonderfully. There can be some fallout on my lower lashes during the day, but I think this is because my lids are a little oily and my lashes are super curly - this happens with all mascaras on me. At least this doesn't flake, and my top lashes remain perfect. It also adds a decent amount of volume without a 'dolls eye' effect - remaining a little bit natural.

I also love the texture of this. It's not too dry nor too wet, which makes application a breeze. It's one of the only mascaras I can apply fairly easily to my curly lower lashes without ending up messy from the outset. There is no real effort in avoiding clumping upon application.

Overall I would highly recommend this, despite the high price tag. I'm happy to pay a bit extra for the excellent results.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed with this mascara after hearing killer reviews about it. It clumped up my lashes, flaked, and migrated all over. Yeeesh! I have negligible lashes that need extra help from mascara and this mascara only suceeded in exasperating the fact that my lashes are lame. Also the applicator was too big for my eyes and I could not control the wand effectively as I wanted.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely on its way to become my HG mascara.
My lashes are quite long and curled, but lack volume.
This mascara separates very well, but still gives remarkable volume. With one coat my lashes look natural, but defined, and with another coat they become very lushious and full.
It's great that I can customize it for day and night and it performs excellently either way.

It doesn't clump or give me spidery lashes, which I hate.

It is easily removed and does not smudge under my eyes, unless I'm wearing a greasy cream or sunscreen.

Yes, the price is very steep and there are many great cheaper mascaras. I will not use this exclusively because I've found excellent cheaper alternatives.
But for days when I want to look my best, I will most certainly reach for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Allouqua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the better, high-end mascaras but, then again you're paying $55AUD for it.
It always amuses me when I see a Yank on this board crying about paying maybe $30? for a high-end mascara. lol

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is not at all "eyes to kill" drama. At least not for me. It has zero oomph and doesn't give me the sexy eyelash look I like. I can't wait for 3 months to be up using this so I can toss it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In a nutshell: decent mascara but it doesn't justify the $32 spent for it...take my word for it and try the eyes to kill stretch version of this mascara instead. It delivers much better results than this one..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by HolyPeas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would probably have never tried this mascara had I not received it as a free sample in a rather large nordstrom order, but I am so glad that I did because its a great product.

It is on the pricey side but if you are a person who loves makeup, and will actually use this up I say give it a go. It's everything a really really good basic mascara should be.

Something to consider before purchase: This stuff is scented. Why they scent an eye product I don't know, it didn't bother me in the least and it did not irritate my eyes but it smells like roses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this mascara twice.

I think it's a good product, but not a good everyday product for me.

It's very black and it's great for creating bold, dramatic lashes. But it has a tendency to clump.

I can get it to look great by combing through my lashes with a spoolie or lash comb after application, to separate the lashes and smooth out the clumps. But I don't want to do that every day, especially when there are other mascaras that don't require that type of care in application.

So I think I'll probably repurchase it if I have a special occasion where I want my lashes to look their best. But in the meantime, I'll probably stick to something less expensive and less fussy.