September 16, 2014 | 1754 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by patriciacaina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing! I just got it from target for about $4 because it was on clearance! The only shades they had left were nude, blonde and walnut. I am a lighter than-most-filipino with yellow undertone, so nude and blonde were way too light for me, I went with walnut (which is too dark). I just dot the foundation everywhere and blend with my elf flattop brush and top it off with my elf HD powder and it tones the shade down a little. It feels and looks so lightweight and natural (unlike colorstay) but covers the redness around my nose and blemishes even though I have dry skin! The packaging is a lot better than colorstay (which is what I used to wear daily until this), it has a pump and a top and looks so sleek and nice. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Marin123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am fairskinned, and I buy the Nude 20 in this foundation. I mix this with Eucerin Everyday Protection (its a moisturizer with a 30 that gets rid of some of the redness in my skin). I have oily skin and it does not break me out. It makes my skin look flawless and glowing. Love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by knoel

I've been using this foundation for 7 years. I used to use stay perfect, but because I have dryer skin, decided to give this a shot. It's great for dry skin, and the porcelain matched my skin tone perfectly. It's not too yellow or too pink. It blends well, doesn't streak, doesn't oxidize or slip off your face by the ends of the day. It's not too oily, either. It actually does make your skin look younger and does a great job of evening out skin tone. It doesn't look fake, either. I prefer a pretty natural look and this did the trick.

I am now 38, and planned to continue using this indefinitely. Sadly, it's been discontinued. I contacted Boots and they confirmed. So, if you find any and want to try it, or just want to stock up, do it. It's not being made anymore.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ShiShiPooPoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am 43 and just started using Boots skincare (which I love). I am African American and dont have any wrinkles, but have noticed dryness and loss of firmness around jawline. I bought the Walnut which is a beautiful, golden brown. It is yellow-based which is great. I can't tell you how many foundations I have been through...even customized that STILL left me too pink, too orange, too ashy, to muddy...etc. This choice is an EXACT match. Walnut is the darkest so if you are darker brown you wont find your color unfortunately but hopefully they will expand the color choices. The texture is creamy and leaves me with a nice semi-matte look. It was very blendable and I didnt need concealer at all and it ddid not feel heavy at all. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I gave this foundation a chance. I've been using BE for years, but I just can't do minerals in the wintertime anymore. I picked up a bottle in the New Ivory shade from Target. For shade reference; I initially was using BE's Fairly Light until they came out with Golden Fair (a much better match for my fair skin with warm undertones). After my long sabbatical from liquids (I'm not counting Josie Maran's foundation, that stuff goes on like tinted moisturizer), I had to reteach myself how to apply foundation. My initial attempt was a failure. I used Tarte's Brightening Primer underneath & it made the foundation impossible to blend. So I removed it with a baby wipe & started over primer-free. My second attempt was a success. I got a nice satin finish with a medium coverage.I could probably go a shade lighter, but the foundation doesn't oxidize & using the darkest shade of foundation you can go to actually helps to camouflage sun damage more effectively. After using minerals for so long, I can feel this on my skin, but it's a nice feeling. The formula seems to release moisture as you wear it, a very nice feeling in the winter. It's the happiest I've been with a foundation for quite some time. I hope the love affair lasts :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by skort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this foundation, and I'm definitely repurchasing as soon as I run out. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
    --This foundation actually has true yellow undertones. Just about every "drugstore" foundation I've tried has been too pink for me, so this is a definite plus.
    --Looks extremely natural and non-cakey. I can slap this on and throw some powder on it and not worry about looking like I'm wearing a mask out in the sunlight. I'm looking at you, Colorstay.
    --Good coverage. I'd say one layer gives medium coverage, which is usually enough to cover all the redness and scarring I have. It can be built up to medium-heavy coverage though, without looking cakey or feeling heavy.
    -- Decent price. I got it for $15 at Target.
    -- Pump bottle. Everyone likes a foundation with a pump, yeah?
    -- This hasn't caused me any breakouts or irritation, and I've been using it for about 2 months now. And I have very sensitive acne-prone skin.
    -- SPF 15

If you have pink undertones, this foundation might not work for you, as all of their shades seem to be quite yellow. But if not- run out to Target and buy this. It's da bomb. For reference, I'm about NC15 and New Ivory is a perfect match.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For reference, I'm combo/dry clog prone.
    My fall/winter skin tends to be dry, uneven, and red, most foundations either sit on top, fade away or sink into the dry spots and make my skin look so dehydrated. I've been test driving this foundation and I may have finally found my cold weather foundation. I'm an NC30/35, olive toned, with dark hair and Almond is a great match. The coverage is medium, with a satin dew finish, a hint more elegant textured than skin but not unnaturally so. Even coverage with a sort of softening/blurring effect, and stays fresh and radiant, no cakey or patchy fading by the end of the night. Wears like a high end foundation. I barely need half a pump to cover redness ( I use fingers, not a brush/full face). Price is expensive for drugstore and I'm not a fan of the glass bottle for transport but the product works so well I'm glad to deal with both.
    Will update if this clogs me as I continue use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Boots N°7 Lifting & Firming foundation on a whim, and fell in love!

I was walking through my local Target, and there was a SA/makeup artist for Boots standing there in the aisle. She asked if she could help me, and I explained what I was searching for. She suggested this foundation.

I've used the Chanel Lift Lumiere in the past (and reviewed it on Makeupalley) I liked it, but it wasn't perfect. I knew that Boots N°7 Lifting & Firming Foundation was supposed to be a dupe for the Chanel, but, I never tried it.

However, that day, (which happened to be the day I returned my GA Maestro Fusion due to lack of color match) I really needed foundation, and I purchased the Boots N°7 Lifting & Firming Foundation in "Almond" as it was a nice compromise in color between the paleness of my face, and lingering tan of my chest.

I wore it for a number of weeks, loving it more and more each day. (I do like it more than Chanel Lift Lumiere too)

But, as my chest faded, I was anxious to get back to using a foundation which matched just my face, so I didn't need to apply foundation down my neck.

I dug through my cache of foundations at my house, and pulled out LM Silk Crème in Beige Ivory. I'd worn it most of last winter, and there still was a good bit of product in the tube. I wore it for one day, and as the day progressed, noticed it didn't last nearly as well as the Boots Lifting & Firming Foundation had.... Next day, I went back to Target in search of a lighter shade...

N°7 does not have many shades to choose from, which is a downside, but, happily #20 (Blonde) matches me well. For reference, it is almost exactly the same as LM Beige Ivory. My face is just slightly lighter, but, as my chest is still a bit tanned its all good. I don't need to carry it down on my neck. In the past I tried "Blonde" in the Boots mousse foundation, and it seemed too light, or maybe it was just too mask-like (on me) but, in the Lifting & Firming foundation—I couldn't ask for better. It is a wonderful foundation.

I like it better than Laura Mercier Silk Crème, or Chanel Lift Lumiere. I like it better the GA Maestro Fusion, GA Lasting Silk, GA Designer Lift, or Chanel Perfection Lumiere (what a disappointment that turned out to be!)

It took me over two years of actively searching for the perfect foundation. Even before I was consciously on an official quest to find "my" foundation, I searched, rarely buying the same brand twice. I've tried drugstore foundations (Revlon, L'Oreal, Almay), Department store (MAC, YSL, Chanel, Guerlain, Armani, Arden, Laura Mercier, Napoleon Perdis, Shiseido, Smashbox), I've tried ordering online brands such as Gerda Spillman... none of them quite did the trick, and many fell very far from what I wanted.

N°7 looks natural, but soft focus natural, (similar to Chanel Lift Lumiere in that aspect) It photographs well, it lasts extremely well. It doesn't oxidize (hate that!) Its buildable. Packaging is superb. Nice pump dispenser, attractive bottle which looks elegant on the makeup table. The cap, as some have remarked is a very tight fit. But, I'd rather tight than loose.

So far, other than a lack of shade selection, I cannot find one negative thing to say about it, and wish I'd tried it sooner. I hope they never discontinue or reformulate this foundation!

One more comment about shade match... Although I rarely participate on the MUA message boards, I do read them, and learned of a great website that gives the comparable shade in different brands. The site is findation.com

Of course its not foolproof, but, its a starting point, especially when trying to determine shades when shopping online.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ahagen2010

I love this foundation due to its yellow undertones! I am caucasian with a very yellow undertone and I have not been able to find any foundation to match my skin they have all been way too pink or just wouldnt be yellow enough but this one in the color Nude is perfect!! This foundation has not broken me out and lasts about 6 to 8 hours with maybe a powder touch up between there but it isnt necessary. A little costly at $15.00, but hey I"ve spent more. Overall it's great foundation and definately will purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation I've ever even LIKED, and I've tried almost every drugstore foundation there is. I'm not sure why, but in my local Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian) I haven't seen it in over a year. I'm worried they've stopped stocking it or that it's been discontinued, but I love it so much I'll buy more online.

This gave my VERY oily skin almost everything it needs. It made my skin look perfect and it didn't sit on it weirdly like Revlon Colorstay does. I use hardcore acne treatments twice a day and it can dry my skin out AND make oils erupt, but this hid the dry spots. It didn't control oil that well, but literally nothing does for me, not even milk of magnesia or Mattify! Ulta powder. Considering nothing even looks good on my skin, this foundation surprised me, especially since it's supposed to be anti-aging. I'm only 18 so I certainly don't need that, but it can't hurt!

I wore this at my prom and it kept me looking good from about 4 pm to midnight. All I did was apply it, use Colorstay as a concealer, and set with Marcelle loose powder. It did get a little shiny, but it looked more glowy than oily.

Anyway, try this!