LUSH Dark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

I got a sample of this and fell in love. I got a seriously bad breakout two days ago and nothing was helping. I used DA and the redness almost instantly went away after using. The breakout was practically gone by morning. So happy to add this to my daily beauty routine. I've tried so many beauty products from Sephora and paid a fortune for them to not work. This is very reasonably priced and works amazing. My only complaint is it gets a little messy, a few black flecks are left on my face after but can easily be removed. My new fave LUSH product!

on 5/3/2015 10:33:00 PM

One of the best products I've ever used in my life. Makes my skin feel amazing and smells orgasmic. Cannot go without this for the rest of my life.

This is a pretty average scrub. I use it as a mask 2-3 times a week for 10-15 minutes, so I don't rub it in as much as I would a regular scrub. It's pretty easy to use; you pinch off a part of it and put a few drops of water in, then you mix it until it becomes pasty. Be careful about keeping the rest of the product dry though, as water will set it off and quicken its expiry. It smells a bit soapy, but it's not too strong. I like how this doesn't leave my skin feeling super dry after, but it did help in drying out acne. It doesn't dry out pimples as fast as a concentrated drying lotion would, but it does speed up the process a tiny bit for me. What I don't like about this is that it leaves a grey film on your face, even after you've washed it off. I often have to use another cleanser or cleansing wipe after I use this. It cleans pretty well. It removes make up, but the grey film just makes that part sort of negligible. Apart from the grey film, the majority of the paste does take a while to rinse off. Overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me, but I wouldn't buy this again because I'm on a budget and this doesn't seem worth the price.

on 3/8/2015 3:11:00 PM

Wow. Just wow. I didn't expect much from this product when I was passive-aggressively bullied into buying it by the overly enthusiastic lush staff...but it's soooo much better than I imagined! I have very pale, very sensitive, acne-prone skin, with lots of hyperpigmentation, so am usually a bit wary of exfoliating products. Every one I've tried (even homemade oatmeal scrubs and stuff like that) have irritated my skin, and I've become a sore, red, blotchy mess. But despite the really gritty, abrasive texture of Dark Angels, it had the exact opposite effect! After I rinsed it off, my skin felt amazingly smooth, and actually looked less red, and less irritated than when I started. Using it twice weekly seems to be doing the trick with helping to fade my hyperpigmentation and old acne-scars, and it's a lot less painful than the lemon juice trick! I know it's marketed as a treatment for very oily skin, but I'm not sure if it's made much of a difference to my oily t-zone. Lots of people don't seem to like the smell, but personally, I like the charcoal smell! It makes me feel really clean after I've used it. The only thing I don't love about it is how messy it is! It literally get EVERYWHERE. I have white tiles in my bathroom, and I have to wipe them down every time I use it, and clean out the sink or bath tub or it stains :( but I can deal with a bit of extra cleaning if it makes my skin look pretty :D

Why do I ever stop using this? Oh yeah I'm a product junkie and keep getting distracted by different things.

I have been huge fan of Angels on Bare Skin since i was teenager but since threading my chin i need something stronger for exfoliating to avoid blocked pores and ingrown hairs, for some reason I started using Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Scrub, nice enough but wasn't really helping my skin at all.

Dark Angels is magical though, within days of starting to use it my skin is so much smoother and less blocked pores than I've had in a long time. It's quite hard so now my skin is improved I will start alternating with Angels on Bare Skin now I have discovered Lush skincare again.

Price is reasonable as i find the small tub lasts me well, I use it in the shower so no issue with mess.

on 2/10/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I asked the LUSH worker which products she recommended for really oily skin and she directed me to this. Honestly, it didn't do much for my oily skin. I used it in the shower at the end of the day and it did a really good job of removing my makeup, but other than that, it didn't do much. Like after my shower, my skin would feel nice and bare and clean but this product did nothing to prevent it from oiling right back up. I liked it a decent amount, but I don't think it's worth the money for what it does.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is perfect. Absolutely perfect. I have oily/combo skin, NC15, super acne-prone and red and scarred beyond belief. Every exfoliating cleanser I've ever tried on my face (EVER) has left me red and irritated after, and so I avoided anything that might be even the smallest bit harsh. My sister bought this a few weeks back, and as a snoopy sister, I had to try this out. I massaged a small amount with water all over my face and chest (some acne there). I do this in the shower to avoid a mess, it gets everywhere. When I got out? No redness, a perfect, calm complexion (minus my zits) and super soft skin. I was SHOCKED. So I kept using it (bought my own lol) for 2 weeks. It completely cleared up my chest acne, keeps my face soft, has lightened my scars and has controlled my breakouts to a tee! A large container is about 20 dollars, but it will last you about 4 months if you use it right, if not longer, so its a steal! I will never buy another face wash and I mean it. I was never one to think a face wash could make a difference, but I was wrong!!!

on 2/3/2015 5:39:00 PM

I had a face treatment at the lush store and it was amazing! So amazing I bought the products and was so excited to re-create my store facial experience. FAIL! For some reason, my product felt a lot grittier / harsh on my skin. It was very abrasive. I hated that I black under my nails and all over my bathtub and white shower curtain. I returned it and I felt so awful because it just didn't work for me. Thankfully, my local lush shop knows me and totally took care of me.

Absolute god send!!

I tend to get red/blotchy skin and spots around my jawline (hormonal) and the occasional ones on my t-zone. I've tried so many products I've lost count, and even more expensive ones like Clinique, although they worked a bit, never really sorted it.

So after seeing Lush had renovated their shops I thought I'd go take a look..
Went in with the intention of buying coalface which I'd heard good reviews of, and then the lovely sales assistant showed me this as she said they're similar. I personally like the consistency of it - yes it is a bit messy but nothing too bad - and you can change the consistency by adding more/less water which I like. I tend to use a tiny bit of dark angels and a fair bit of water, making it perfect for daily use.

I've only been using this product about a week and it is honestly the most amazing thing EVER. My skin feels so soft! It doesn't dry it out but it definitely takes away the excess oil. My skin is clearer, not patchy at all and my existing spots just seem to be disappearing!
I've not experienced the grey film that I've read in some of the reviews, so for me this product is absolutely perfect. Plus the price is a bonus - usually use Kiehls, Clinique, Estee Lauder and Origins which are considerably more expensive - yet they don't have a patch on this cleanser!

I am now a Lush addict thanks to this product. Can't wait to try out more products from the brand!!

on 12/27/2014 1:38:00 AM

I felt like the product was so-so. It looks really cool and interesting, but the sugars in the cleanser was waayy too harsh. It was also very messy too, so I only used it in the shower. It had this really strong clay paint like smell too, which I didn't mind. I used the rest of this cleanser on my body, because my face was too sensitive for it. It's also pretty pricey, but it does its job at exfoliating.