LUSH Dark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 8/18/2015 5:29:00 PM

This product is great, it just dries my skin out a little bit. Everyone complains about the smell but I think you get used to it.

on 7/31/2015 11:01:00 AM

Purchased this product on a whim about a year ago and was really impressed with it. However when it ran out I never got round to re purchasing it. Over the summer I was travelling abroad and my skin became horrible, I tried many products like pro-activ along with many other cleansers. I recently popped into lush again and picked this up. I've been using it for a week now and the difference it has made in my skin is incredible. I have bad scarring around my face especially on my cheeks but every time I use it they appear to lighten and become less red. I really enjoy the earthy smell of the product. It is quite messy but for the results it gives I think the mess is worthwhile. It leaves my skin feeling soft and less oily around my nose. I would recommend this product to anyone as it is quite affordable and does wonders for my skin.

on 7/19/2015 8:54:00 PM

I like this product, it works well to scrub my face and make it feel smooth and clean after a day of makeup. It's too harsh for me to use in the morning. I wish they made a smaller size of this because I have trouble using all of it before it expires. It also can be messy, but it's nothing that's hard to clean up. I love that it is natural and that the brand is cruelty free. I feel like I'm doing good for my skin when I use lush. I would buy this again, but probably after I try some of the other face washes. This is a little too strong for me, but I do like it

on 7/19/2015 10:47:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. At first I was nervous because after the first few uses I began to have little pimples all over my forehead and the tops of my cheeks, but within two or three days it was gone. Along with the all the pimples I had before using it except for a particular spot on one check (but to be fair it was really bad and I slept on that side of my fave so that wasn't helping). I had to stop using it for a couple of days because of a really bad sunburn, but once I could it cleared up that particular spot in two or three days. It also keeps my usually oily skin at bay and my face is baby smooth. The only thing that's weird is the smell, it doesn't smell bad it's just strong of charcoal, but after a couple uses I was over it.

on 7/16/2015 7:42:00 AM

I adore this stuff. Though I don't normally do reviews, I feel like this will help my fellow acne-sufferers out there, like so many of your reviews have helped me :)

I have normal, light acne skin with good oil regulation, so coalface was way too much for me. I also have a bevy of clogged pores that are predominant over my cheeks and I've been buying so many exfoliate in an attempt to combat it. I first got a sample of dark angels and bought it the next day! This stuff is like combat boots for your face. It is a bitch to clean up, but given the results, I would say it's worth it.

Smell: love it or hate it. Very woodsy and natural, kind of like old medicine, but some people find the essential oils too heavy. You can find a full list of ingredients on Lush's website.

Texture: it's not as watery as some scrubs are, which makes me feel like I'm getting good value for my money. You do need to add water, but there's a ton of how tos. The sugar makes it quite exfoliating and gritty so I only use twice a week. It is a pain to clean up after, but nothing too horrible.

Usefulness: effective on clogged pores and the occasional breakout. I don't know how effective it would be on cystic acne, but it has helped with my larger red bumps that very closely resemble cystic acne. I've only used it twice and I've seen my clogged pores go down.

Price: very reasonable.

Packaging: not terribly sanitary, but I don't see how else you would carry around a scrub like this. I think Lush's black pots are cute though :)

Dupe: I didn't see this anywhere else on the website, but the Freeman's Feeling Beautiful Charcoal and Black Sugar scrub/mask is a good dupe for this. However, I'll continue using DA as I like the added benefit of avocado oil.

Verdict: lovely. The great thing about Lush if that you can try it out. They can put it on your hands in store if you ask, or you can take a sample home. Their return policy is also amazing. I would recommend this for anyone with not overly sensitive/dry skin. I think it would also be great for a guy looking to get into exfoliants. I already have all my guy friends hooked. It's helped clear my acne up so much. I hope it works for you guys too!

on 7/6/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Great cleanser for oily skin. It is gentle enough for me to use everyday without feeling stripped. My face is left clean and soft.

I got a sample of this and fell in love. I got a seriously bad breakout two days ago and nothing was helping. I used DA and the redness almost instantly went away after using. The breakout was practically gone by morning. So happy to add this to my daily beauty routine. I've tried so many beauty products from Sephora and paid a fortune for them to not work. This is very reasonably priced and works amazing. My only complaint is it gets a little messy, a few black flecks are left on my face after but can easily be removed. My new fave LUSH product!

on 5/3/2015 10:33:00 PM

One of the best products I've ever used in my life. Makes my skin feel amazing and smells orgasmic. Cannot go without this for the rest of my life.

This is a pretty average scrub. I use it as a mask 2-3 times a week for 10-15 minutes, so I don't rub it in as much as I would a regular scrub. It's pretty easy to use; you pinch off a part of it and put a few drops of water in, then you mix it until it becomes pasty. Be careful about keeping the rest of the product dry though, as water will set it off and quicken its expiry. It smells a bit soapy, but it's not too strong. I like how this doesn't leave my skin feeling super dry after, but it did help in drying out acne. It doesn't dry out pimples as fast as a concentrated drying lotion would, but it does speed up the process a tiny bit for me. What I don't like about this is that it leaves a grey film on your face, even after you've washed it off. I often have to use another cleanser or cleansing wipe after I use this. It cleans pretty well. It removes make up, but the grey film just makes that part sort of negligible. Apart from the grey film, the majority of the paste does take a while to rinse off. Overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me, but I wouldn't buy this again because I'm on a budget and this doesn't seem worth the price.

on 3/8/2015 3:11:00 PM

Wow. Just wow. I didn't expect much from this product when I was passive-aggressively bullied into buying it by the overly enthusiastic lush staff...but it's soooo much better than I imagined! I have very pale, very sensitive, acne-prone skin, with lots of hyperpigmentation, so am usually a bit wary of exfoliating products. Every one I've tried (even homemade oatmeal scrubs and stuff like that) have irritated my skin, and I've become a sore, red, blotchy mess. But despite the really gritty, abrasive texture of Dark Angels, it had the exact opposite effect! After I rinsed it off, my skin felt amazingly smooth, and actually looked less red, and less irritated than when I started. Using it twice weekly seems to be doing the trick with helping to fade my hyperpigmentation and old acne-scars, and it's a lot less painful than the lemon juice trick! I know it's marketed as a treatment for very oily skin, but I'm not sure if it's made much of a difference to my oily t-zone. Lots of people don't seem to like the smell, but personally, I like the charcoal smell! It makes me feel really clean after I've used it. The only thing I don't love about it is how messy it is! It literally get EVERYWHERE. I have white tiles in my bathroom, and I have to wipe them down every time I use it, and clean out the sink or bath tub or it stains :( but I can deal with a bit of extra cleaning if it makes my skin look pretty :D