Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish

3.5

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat. VP/VA Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Sodium Laneth-40 Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butlyphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate

on 6/4/2015 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The bottle was cute but I am not a fan of the button/trigger used to spray the product, it was not that good. I prefer the ones with a trigger like tresemme.
The scent to me was horrendous! I cannot stand it! It smells like dead rotted flowers. Thank God the scent does not stay in my hair.
I do like that it does not leave a film or feeling like there is product in my hair.

UPDATE
Originally gave this a 3 but lowered but rating.
One day blow drying my hair i noticed some white marks on my hair. Thinking maybe i had accidentally got foundation on my hair i stopped to check, to my horror it was my hair broken off and melted!
I thought this had to be a fluke and maybe i touched my hair to the blow dryer.
After almost completing the bottle my hair looks terrible. Totally fried this did nothing to protect my hair. Even without using heat protectant my hair never looked this bad. It's almost like this product helped to cook my hair!

on 5/31/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have chemically treated hair and I feared that blow drying and flat ironing would destroy my hair. In the past I've used other products similar to this one and they felt, dry, dull, stiff, and frizzy. I decided to give Got2B a try and I'm in love. I have wavy, long color treated hair and this product leaves no film, no stiffens, it leaves your hair, shiny, soft, manageable, and I feel the spray balm protects it from damage.

on 5/23/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I am surprised that this product receives any positive reviews. I can only assume that it is because everyone's hair is different and that it just didn't work with my fine, aging hair. I got this based on a recommendation from another YT beauty blogger who appeared to have the same texture/hair as I did and had success with curling her hair using this product. To my dismay, I do not get the same results. I used this by spraying onto a section of my dry hair (dampened not drenched), comb through section and then using a curling iron, iron that same section - repeat. Firstly the spray just kind of splats, so it is difficult to zone in on 1 inch strands, so I feel an aerosol mist would have been better. But that isn't my major issue. My hair did curl, which is great, but the texture felt more dried out and I feel like my hair had a coating over top of it, causing it to look 20 x's more dull.
I do not recommend this product, especially if you have aging fine hair. My search for an HG heat styling product continues.

on 3/25/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I've been using this product for many years, probably five years now? Anyway I used to flat iron my hair every single day and this saved it from some fearsome heat damage. I love the sleek, shiny, soft, and frizz-less feeling it gives my chemically treated hair. Which had me curious recently. If it works so well when my flat iron my hair, would be as great when I blow dry it? The answer is a thousand times yes! I spray it on damp hair in sections before I blow dry, then again after to tame any frizz that I may have. The smell is pleasant but goes away shortly after. The bottle is cute and simple. I find that this lasts a long time, and it costs less than $5. This product is a great buy and my HG (Holy Grail) heat protection / styling spray.

on 3/17/2014 4:51:00 PM

I had this bottle sitting in my bathroom cupboard for awhile before I took the plunge and decided to use it. Being that I shy away from alcohol-laden products, I was afraid that this might dry my hair out. I sprayed this on my wet hair (against the directions) and then again on my hair once it was dry, just before using my flat iron as the instructions tell you to do. After straightening my normal-dry hair, I could see the difference right away. My hair was suddenly almost reborn, shiny, super soft and with the "luminous" sheen they mention on the bottle. I have not experienced any additional dryness after using this which is a miracle for me anyway. I really love this product and will continue to use it; it protects the hair from hair frying temps of 450 degrees! Not sure whether this would actually do that, but it has passed the test so far. Good price too!

on 3/1/2014 11:51:00 PM

This product is great. I have gone trough about 3 bottles now. I use it after I blow dry my hair before I flat iron or curl it. I have definitely seen less split ends since using this product. The smells is nice but not overpowering and usually fades away after about an hour

on 12/21/2013 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I like the smell and the way it sprays on my hair, but when I flat iron my hair it doesn't straighten as well as if I didn't have this product on my hair. I find through out the day my hair starts to curl at the ends.

on 12/12/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok product. I have damged hair and still noticed end in the sink from snapping off. It makes hair smooth and I also noticed some shine but nothing special really. Good product to maintain cureently heallthy hair from being damaged.

on 10/25/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I might have misused this product, but I hate it! I don't notice it making my hair any shinier, and my hair feels dry and fried, although it probably isn't. I use what I think is a reasonable amount. I don't soak it, but I try to make sure I'm not missing any spots. Maybe I use too much, but if the point is to protect your hair, you don't want to miss any spots. I'm not too fond of the smell either. The only incentive I have for using it is convenience when I've forgotten to apply my Got 2 Be Crazy Sleek flat iron lotion when my hair is damp. This product can be used on dry hair, but I don't really like using it.

on 7/31/2013 3:42:00 PM

This is the first got2b product I have ever used. I noticed that the price was great (3.99) so I decided to try it. The balm sprayed evenly over my hair and I could feel it working. Normally after I iron my hair it feels a bit tough and slightly crispy. Now I use this and it leaves my hair so smooth and healthy, and it also holds the hair nice and flat for most of the day.