Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SORBITOL BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, IRON OXIDES]

on 4/9/2015 2:51:00 PM

It has the same effect with luminous silk but this is more suitable for oily or combo skin because it lasts longer on the face. Its formula is light but perfects skin and also has a buildable coverage. Unfortunately it gives a very light coverage.

on 4/6/2015 5:55:00 AM

The name Longlasting hooked me up with this products but it does not last long.
Especially people with combo skin and oily skin should stay away from this product.
I love how it looks when you first put it on but any silicony product gives that effect.
It might look cakey on areas where you have pores. It has dewy finish, i think it is good in winter where your skin is lack of glow but in the summer it is not really good.
I love the bottle, expensive looking nice bottle.
I will not buy this again as it is not worth the price and does not match with my skin type.

on 4/4/2015 12:27:00 AM

I have tried all kinds of foundations, high end low end...etc etc. My favorite "low end" is Revlon Colorstay foundation, just for reference. This is usually my go-to when I feel like all others have failed. This Armani foundation...oh my. It's absolute perfection. My face is pretty oily, it does better than other foundations in this sense ( I LIVE IN HOT TEXAS!). I set it. I usually prefer a heavier coverage but I feel like this is pretty buildable. My skin isn't the greatest about 60% of the time and I just put some concealer on and it works. The color match is absolutely amazing. I have a weird truly neutral skin tone and almost everything makes me look red or orange or too yellow. It has this beautiful softness effect on my skin when its finally settled in. Almost like I'm not wearing makeup...does that make sense? Like it melts well. It's not good if you're looking for something non-transferrable. I think that's my only bone to pick. But I've purchased this foundation probably like 3 times now and I will keep on doing so as it's looking. And that's saying something, because I usually changed foundations every month or so!

on 3/23/2015 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a beautiful foundation overall, and it applies quite nicely with a brush. It has a medium coverage and the finish does look silky and smooth. I have combo skin, and it is slightly too dry on my cheeks. Perhaps it is because of that alcohol is a main ingredient in this foundation. You can definitely smell it when pump out of the bottle.

on 3/15/2015 9:17:00 PM

I am really liking this stuff. I'm usually a natural ivory tone, and the 5.5 in this is perfect - it is a neutral color. It covers the redness around the nose area quite well. It hasn't settled into any of the lines around my mouth, nose, or eyes. The finish looks like skin. You cannot tell it is makeup, it blends beautifully and hasn't migrated anywhere but where I put it, and that is without setting powder. It is very pricey, but there is nothing else that comes close to this. I've tried samples of Bobbi Brown which oxidized to a horrid orange, Makeup Forever which settled in fine lines, NARS which looked like a mask, Estee Lauder double wear, which irritated my skin and made me look 10 years older, Color Stay which doesn't cover enough, Estee Lauder max coverage which is too slippery, Max Factor Lasting Finish which is too hard to find, etc. So, the $20 more I spent on this is far less $ in time when you figure all the time you've spent in research, reading reviews, shopping, searching, sample collecting, testing, etc than the cost of just purchasing the one that works.

It is important to look your best when you are getting older, especially at work where age bias is rampant!

This is the best foundation I have ever used, I have tried numerous foundations this is by far the best. It's lightweight, stays on all day and leaves my skin looking flawless 👌👌

on 2/4/2015 12:19:00 PM

My new holygrail foundation! The consistency is watery so it feels so light on my skin. Flawless finish without too much coverage, looks really natural, not cakey at all. When I look at the mirror, I see the best version of my skin! Love it so much! I'm using shade #2 and it's a perfect match for my fair skin. I think this foundation suitable for normal to oily skin.

on 10/23/2014 12:19:00 AM

I wouldn't say that this is my holy grail foundation, but it's pretty close. When I first tried it on in store, I didn't really like it, but I bought it anyways. I left it alone for a few weeks and just started wearing it again. I quite like it now. It glides on and applies extremely smoothly and well. It covers excellently. I usually don't need the second application with this foundation. The only issue that I find with this foundation is that I find it a little runny. I use a sponge to apply this foundation and with most other foundations, it doesn't really absorb a lot of product, but with this one, my sponge gets saturated - which is a little bit of a waste of product...needless to say, since this product is kind of pricey, I'll be using another application method. It doesn't make me oily during the day and I find it really lightweight. I sometimes forget that I'm wearing make up. This foundation (with setting powder) holds up for a good 14 hours without any kind of movement. There is also no oxidization with foundation. If you need to treat yourself, I'd say treat yourself to this one!

on 10/7/2014 2:04:00 AM

I used the designer shaping creme foundation during the winter n absolutely loved it, the shade 6.5 was just perfect for me, which the girls at the counter told me it's been discontinued in Australia, so I decided to give this foundation a try, as soon as I opened it I could smell this strong chemical smell, I looked at the ingredients and I knew exactly why!!
ALCOHOL IS LISTED AS THE THIRD INGREDIENT! If u know the harmful effect of alcohol at this amount in ur skincare, u'll toss it straight away..this is probably the reason why it made a lot of customers break out..
REALLY DISAPPOINTING FOR A COMPANY LIKE G. ARMANY TO COME UP WITH A PRODUCT LIKE THIS AND AT THAT PRICE TOO!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG foundation. I have very pale ivory skin with a slight creamy-yellow tone and it is very hard to get foundations in this shade - if they're light enough they are usually too pink, and many are either too yellow or too dark (eg. the ones in MUF and Smashbox lines)

I have this in shade 2 and it is a perfect match - a very pale porcelain. Shade 4 is slightly darker, but has the same creamy undertone. Definitely worth a look if you have really pale skin paired with brown, green or hazel eyes

I have dry skin and this foundation works well for me and does not sit too badly on my dry patches The coverage is light-medium but very natural looking and not cakey, it has a satin-matt finish. It is quite liquid but dries pretty fast so you have to work quickly when applying If you have major blemishes it will probably be a bit too light.

Packaging is elegant and the pump dispenses the correct amount. It is hard to get the last bit of product out of the bottom, I had to scoop it out with a spatula