April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just tried this today for the first time, and OMG I adore it! I am NC30 in MAC and got the shade 5.75 which is a warm-toned light to medium shade. The consistency is runny because it is a liquid, but it applies very easily and blends well. Better to stipple it all over before you start buffing it, or you could apply it with a damp sponge. The coverage is medium with two pumps but it covers almost everything and still looks like skin, I mean EXACTLY LIKE SKIN. Very lightweight, very natural, and dries to a semi-matte finish that when you touch your face right after applying it, you won't feel that it exists, feels like your skin. Although this is matte, it is not cakey and does not emphasize dryness or pores which I sometimes suffer from with matte foundations.

Suitable for all skin types, I think. Dry skin might need moisturiser under it.

Does not photograph well using flash because of SPF 20, but is a great foundation for the day because it is undetectable under natural day light.

Could be compared to L'oreal True Match in finish, but this one feels lighter on the skin and does not have any tackiness and remains matte for a good time (I mean skin in general gets oily throughout the day whether with foundation or not, this does not have oil control, but, at least, it does not add any extra oiliness to your skin, so if you are very oily, you will get oily no matter what, but if you are normal you will stay normal)

A great buy! (see photo)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Clara1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic foundation. It gives a smoothing matte finish, covers well but still leaves skin looking very clean and natural. It's a great, natural looking colour. I find this to be very long lasting on my young combination skin, which is quite rare. The only flaw I can find is the SPF as i prefer a foundation not to flash back, but it's not enough to stop me giving it 5 stars.. an excellent foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by DomaXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great foundation. It feels light on the skin, gives very good coverage, not a full though. When I apply it, my skin looks super smooth. Very blendable foundation. It didn't break me out and I love the colour which is 4.5 (I am NC 15-20 in MAC). It lasts quite a long time on my oily skin, maybe not as long as my EL double wear but it lasts 8-9 hours for sure. It doesn't look cakey but natural and I love it. I know its expensive but this is a very good foundation.
It really feels like silk on the face. Very impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Out of all the GA foundations I've tried this came the closest to fitting the bill as it had a nice matt finish. Unfortunately it settled a little into lines and was too pale (they didn't go above #7).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Tattiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This a very nice liquid foundation. I have just got my 3rd bottle. )) I would say it is best for me. It lays smooth and nice giving a full coverage without heavy feeling on my skin. Since I have normal to dry skin type I have to moisturize it well before applying make-up. 1 bottle stays with me usually 3-4 months and I believe its just because I prefer the sponge application and do waste this really expensive thing. The package is nice, but I still like the older look of bottle more.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanna give it a high rating but I am disappointed after using for a few weeks. I am using shade 2 and I think it matches my skin tone but unluckily it oxidizes very soon, looking dull and darken.

It was really flawless and perfect for the first hour. Beautiful finish and brightens up face. But it's not long lasting at all. And my t zone becomes oily after few hours and my pores look visible.

And I don't like that alcohol smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love Luminous Silk foundation and wear it in #5 (I'm about MAC NC25) and when I ran out, I went to the store to buy another bottle.

I asked for Luminous Silk (and even had my old bottle with me to show her!), and the lady must have accidentally wrapped this one for me. When I got home I noticed the bottle looked different - it had a frosty sheen - but the colour was #5 and and thought perhaps it had changed, and decided to use it figuring the colour would match. When I applied it it was awful. Chalky, dry, waaay too light for my skin, not yellow enough like Luminous Silk was. I'm guessing this is due to the addition of titanium dioxide for SPF in the Lasting Silk. When I applied a drop of Luminous Silk on my hand next to drop of Lasting Silk, even though both are #5 the colours are completely different. It dragged and skipped across the skin when I used my foundation brush, sponge or fingers. Sure it was long-lasting, it clung to every dry or oily patch. It also feels heavier and more matte instead of nice, light and natural like Luminous Silk was. By the end of the day, my skin felt super dry. I tried wearing it 2 more times but it's not for me.

I absolutely hate this foundation. It may work for oilier skin, with no dry patches who want a longer lasting foundation but for me this looked like a dry pale mask. I figured I would put this review out there that if you have combo/slightly drier skin and love Luminous Silk but perhaps want to try Lasting Silk - get a SAMPLE first!! I will try to return this if I can.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by courtney771

I would definitely not recommend this foundation to anyone with acne or sensitive skin. In Australia this was $90 and the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. There is the strongest smell of sunscreen/bathroom cleaner and completely broke out my skin, did not cover much at all and was expecting so much from the glowing reviews from beauty gurus. I tried everything from primer and pore smoothers to get this foundation looking nice but it didn't. Very disappointed to say the least.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Sun77

Fantastic foundation, goes on really smooth, like a second skin. People always comment on my good skin with it so I'm loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

My HG foundation! LOVE LOVE LOVE how dewy it looks on my skin and how easy it applies. Feels light but coverage is only medium. It lasts more than 12 hours and doesn't make my skin shine/oily. I adore Maestro as well but can only use it when my skin isn't dry... otherwise Maestro will accentuate the flaky skin. Lasting Silk is more suitable for me all year. Luminous Silk tends to look a bit dull even when mixed with Fluid Sheer.