August 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by alexasz11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick is the bomb. I got it in the mauve color and it's definitely a my lips but better shade. Like it's just enough color for work or school to not be too much but just enough. I kissed the mirror and none if it came off and then I took a shower and itís still on! Let it settle. It's a little sticky at first but that goes away. Also if you kiss your hand immediately after putting it on, some will come off on your hand. Wait like a minute and then it's pretty much invincible. I put eos balm underneath and then the liquid lipstick over and it is perfection. Just apply colorless balm as usual and boy does it last. It's like a stain really. I love it, I'm like the minority but I'm usually really picky with the lip products so it's saying a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ToniD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an awful awful awful lipstick. It dried awful and then it caked up on my lips. I will NOT purchase this product again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

Bought "Top Tomato" and it didn't even pass the hand test. I dotted some on the back of my hand, made sure it was a thin even coat, let it dry for ~5 minutes until it looked thoroughly mattified, and rubbed with a finger. It smeared immediately and a couple more rubs removed all of it.

On reflection I thought maybe this could be because I had sunscreen on the back of my hand, so I cleaned my skin carefully with a baby wipe and tried again. Same result.

I'm looking for something like the Maybelline 24-hour lipcolors, with a less sad color selection. This is not it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Maggieyso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been hit or miss with me. I have 3 shades, 025, 055, and 040. Sorry I don't remember the names. 025 and 055 are decent. They are smooth when they go on but then dry out. But I have found if I really more than once the color piles up around the edges of my lips and looks bad. 040 is the worst lipstick I have ever used. How does it come off so quickly yet stay on only around the edges of my lips so much I have to scrub to get it off?? Also it applies really unevenly. I'll use up the ok shades, but I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was amazing. A tube of Royal Raisin lasted me almost five months, for a few days every week. It goes on smoothly, doesn't dry the lips out, and LASTS ALL DAY. That can't be emphasized enough. It is a little sticky, but if you just leave it for a minute or two after drying, the stickiness won't be a problem. The color itself is also very vibrant and natural-looking, without being too dark (which is difficult to find on my dark skin).

I only wish the applicator was more pointed so that I didn't have to worry about using lipliner to keep myself from "coloring outside the lines" (which can then stain and last if you're not careful about checking application).

I can't wait to try out the other colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Ultrame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This goes on smoothly and easily. As it is drying, it is extremely sticky and transfers for a long time. The color is long lasting, but it gets really flaky and gross looking if you don't continue to apply a balm regularly. I don't hate it, the color is nice and almost iridescent, but I probably won't buy it again because I own other products by revlon and others that don't flake and crack and dry, so it's just not sensible to me. I felt like it made my lips look old. Lasting power it does have, in this case however, it's for better or for worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by AyaDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to lipstick. As a uni student I'm always eating out. I can eat very oily foods and still have my lipstick untouched. I used to use the superstay lipcolor by maybelline but it has been discontinued. I'd have to stay revlon does it better. The color is light and not too overpowering for everyday use. I find that it only flakes if I try to layer it on top of another lipstick or try to build the color. I have this in nude, platinum petal and precious pink (my favourite which I just bought today). I don't usual wear pinks as I'm more reds or nude but the colour is quite subtle but still very noticeable. I wouldn't say it lasts 24hrs but it does last all day and night of drinks with only 1 touch up. I would like to add that it does feel sticky but if you touch your lips it's not sticky. It does take a little getting use to because it feels drying but it actually isn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh! I bought this lipstick and found it to be really sticky, also drying and flaky. I bought the colour, 'Brilliant Bordeaux' which is still a lovely colour, but what a shame about the formula! It should just be a normal lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am going to try some of the application tips I've seen here for this product because I LOVE the color. I got Best Bubbly and it's a gorgeous nude on me. I usually like a little more pigmentation, but this looks very polished and professional.

Unfortunately, the way I applied it, it felt so weird after a while that I couldn't stand it. I'm familiar with lip paints and I was OK with letting it sit and dry (for a pretty long time actually). It requires patience, but the long wear you get out of it is the payoff.

Except with this product, it about glued my lips together, even an hour or two after application. I tried putting balm on top, and then the color sort of balled up.

Eh - formulations like this can be fiddly. I think the color is worth a few more attempts!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not gonna lie, I just bought this today and I cannot describe how ineffably terrible this stuff tastes/smells. I have it in Ultimate Orchid, I always wanted to trya lavender lip and the color is so pretty and unique! It's a bright lavender and it stays and stains so well. Revlon lip products never disappoint me, in all honesty. It is a bit sticky though, but dries fairly quickly.