Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)

3.0

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Sorbic Acid. May Conatain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oixdes (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in shade 040 - Brilliant Bordeaux. I am absolutely IN LOVE with the color. It's a perfect purple red. However, it takes multiple coats, otherwise it will be patchy. Also, the formula dries incredibly sticky and is very uncomfortable. It's unfortunate that the color is gorgeous but the overall end product is mediocre.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I can only attest to the Buffest Beige color...It takes a few careful coats to build up and yet I still find it patchy. However, it may be the color. Stays on, but feels a little sticky on the lips. I get better results from my Joe Fresh liquid lipstick which costs a lot less. Revlon in Toronto is a lot more expensive of the DS selections so it seems than say Florida...Not sure why US is so much less. Anyhow, I do like Revlon lip-butters a lot and their reg lipsticks, so I expected more from this I guess. It's still alright tho.

i like the colors in this line of lipsticks, at first i bought it in iconic iris bc that matches my lips closest. today i bought the plum shade and mauve shade and immediately wore plum. it is a pink with a tinge of purple with golden shimmers. liquid lipsticks are drying in general so maybe apply a lip butter and let it set before using this. the shades are lovely, but this is expensive for a DS product. (i feel like drugstore products are creeping up there in price). :( :( :..(
it is very long-wearing, it even lasted through a steamy shower 👍🏻

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My All time Favorite! It's Long Lasting ❤️✔️✔️✔️✔️

I bought this product after seeing the GORGEOUS color, a shade that I have never found in any other lipstick. It's a blue-toned pink, like a slightly purplish-pink, but not that super bright color that Nicki Minaj wears. It's really pretty and very wearable and flattering. Anyway, you can imagine my disappointment when I tried it out and found it to be a terrible product. It goes on smoothly (for the most part), but after applied, it starts drying and becoming sticky. Even after letting it dry completely after several minutes, it managed to be both incredibly drying and extremely sticky at the same time. If you try to talk, your lips will stick together. The only way I could make it wearable was to put EOS balm under AND over it once it dried. This smoothed it out, but did make it wear off quicker. When it starts to wear off, it feels like you have chunks of chapped lip pieces sitting on your lips, very uncomfortable.

All liquid lipsticks are NOT like this, don't let anyone tell you this is how they all are! This is simply a failure of a product, not even sure how it made it to production. Such a shame because the color was so rare and perfect, I wanted for it to work out so badly. Hopefully Revlon can improve the formula and re-release it down the road. Overall: DO NOT buy, you will be horribly disappointed :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I recently bought this in the color Top Tomato and it's a very pretty neutral not cool or blue toned red.It's only slightly drying but nothing like the horribly drying Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks.I put some Chapstick over it after it has dried for some time and that really helps. It lasts for hours too.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Wow! I logged on here, half-expecting the reviews to be glorious! I am reviewing 075 in Nude. Firstly, color is not nude, closer to a berry or almost wine. I typically don't wear darker colors because they are so obvious when they fade and wipe off. As a result, I was prepared to return it but I thought..,"let's see how long it lasts". Through dinner and date night kisses, this bad boy stayed strong! I took a shower and it was still there, amazing! I woke up and it was still there - and I'm a stomach sleeper! Granted it's not as rich of a color but it's faded to a nice stain that looks super natural.
In response to the others who found it drying, I did notice that there were flakes on my lips after I got out of the shower, but I assumed it was because I needed to exfoliate them, nothing serious.

I will definitely be going back to buy some of the other reviewed colors and test this ridiculous staying power. My advice? Buy it and try it...if you are like me and in search for a low-maintenance lip color that isn't crazy expensive, this could be your answer!

A lot of people I've suggested this to say it's too drying. While I don't tend to have dry lips or chapping, I DO KNOW that if you don't blot this lipstick well, it gets gummy along the inside edge of the lips and feels like nail polish. My secret is to buy a color a bit more intense than I intend, apply a regular amount and blot really well with a tissue. It acts like a stain. Check your teeth because it can leak that way. The Tomato 050 is blood red on application but blotting leaves it a beautiful Berry color! If I apply this in the evening, it lasts through dinner, drinks, endless lip licking and is still on when I get up the next day with no 'rub-off' on my pillow! I LOVE THIS STUFF! I've been using various colors since Revlon first introduced it. The product has gone through various spin-offs, but 'Overtime' is still the BEST! If you still find it dry after blotting, try a coat of balm - color does rub off more if you do this....

this is by far the worse product i think i have ever owned by revlon, i have been excited trying liquid lipsticks, and this one feels like glue sadly, it defintely is long wear alright but feels like glue on your lips awful quality i paid almost 10$ for this too, so i urge you ladies to save your money & spend the few extra dollars on something like kat von d or stila liquid lipstick

I bought this product yesterday and tried it out as soon as I got home. The color I purchased is Nude. Absolutely gorgeous color! But, sadly, I will be returning/exchanging this product for another of my beloved lip crayons from Revlon. The feel of the Colorstay Liquid Lipstick is tacky and dry. Kinda feels like those 2 step lip products lots of brands sell now which I don't like. If it was only that I could deal with it by simply applying a balm or gloss over top. The real reason why this product is going back is because of the horrible, awful, dreadful smell! I cannot even describe how horrendous the smell of this lipstick is. I'm very much use to the delightfully minty smell of the Revlon lip crayons. Would not purchase this product ever again. If they could fix the scent maybe, just maybe, I would try again. Sorry Revlon. This is no good.

Recommended for Medium Skin