March 2, 2015 | 1810 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2015 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Tabcourt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am older and this doesn't work for me. My skin is not particularly sensitive but it irritates me and doesn't seem to give to either clearer skin tone or moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2015 1:04:00 PM More reviews by vgbluefire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this several times and don't know what to make of it. It has very little emollients, so it does spread easily as you (try to) massage it in. I have to pat it on. Therefore, I don't think it is s good moisturizer for the colder, dryer, climates. I think it would work well for oily skin types, especially during the hotter, humid, climates. It does not sting or irritate my skin. I am using it now (in February) for areas that need a little extra moisture. I will not be buying this again - I can find more economical lightweight, protective, moisturizers that also have SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2015 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Liyanto

I have an acne prone skin and I decided to try this product after the salesperson convinced me that this is a good moisturizer though it doesn't work for acne. The texture is soft and lightweight. I live in a humid country and this doesn't make my face feels greasy and sticky. I apply this moisturizer after Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating face serum in the morning, and after Shiseido Future Solution LX at night. I think this product won't be hydrating enough for me without those Kate and Shiseido serum because the Kate Somerville acne facial wash I'm using right now is pretty drying. However if you are not using drying acne products whatsoever, this actually is a pretty good moisturizer though I'm sure it won't be moisturizing enough for winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2015 8:14:00 PM More reviews by andrea127wv2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought an entire collection in this brand hoping that between the price and hype I would LOVE it. I hated it...left my skin feeling gross....old lady smell....didn't do what it claimed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 9:33:00 AM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did a review on this a long time ago and I just could not get over the smell. Well, jar still full, I went on a mission to make this work for me. Solution! I added lemongrass essential oil. I added 5 drops to the 2 Oz container and it covered the smell just enough for me to use. Besides lemongrass is great for the skin. I used twice now with no ill effects. Yea! Hope this helps someone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2015 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Clanders

Not worth the money, does not give a great amount of moisture, feels very watery on the skin and smells like an old lady! Only finishing the tub so its not a waste of money but would not buy or recommend to others.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 7:39:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I really think their products are way over priced.
This was no exception.
I think this would be better suited for dry skin in need of a thick cream.
I have oily skin and this was very heavy on my skin. I broke out like crazy with deep cystic blemishes that took forever to heal :(
Also it was too heavy and made my undereye area very puffy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2015 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Theeba

I tried this after reading some rave reviews. I have somewhat clear skin with some redness and uneven skin tone. The first week that I tried this my skin became soft and more even toned (not sure if it was this or the Maracuja oil that I started using at the same time). But by the second week I started seeing new pimples popping up each day.

So I stopped using this and within a week the pimples went away. I gave it another try after that but within hours of applying it new pimples began appearing.

Disappointed because it cost so much and it doesn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2015 5:03:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I think about my experience with this product, I can only come up with nothing. It's not that it didn't provide me with it's hopes, or that it failed me in any way-it just didn't show up. I ordered this product from CosmeticsAmerica and after my debit card payment was made, with correct billing address, they managed to ship it to the wrong address. I asked for a resend or reimbursement, and they refused. No business is better than bad business. Don't buy from them.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2015 9:03:00 PM More reviews by melisa22mg

Well....I got this one as a sample with the 8 oz. Purity cleanser. I have to say, the cleanser seems OK and smells good enough, but the hope cream OMG....smells horrible, like it is decompose or something and on top of that it made my skin incredible dry. I have dry skin, but this is ridiculous..... I would never buy it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No