September 2, 2014 | 1903 users online

Other - Bath and Body Works - whole store

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by glamycakes2014

i love bbw. even if i dont buy anything i still go into the store when i have the chance

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by BlackPinStripes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not rich by any extent, but I'd rather spend the extra money on a real fragrance. I used to like BBW a few years ago, when they had their simple fragrances. Now almost everything smells like generic sickly sweet vanilla/fruity/floral vomit. Me and my boyfriend agree that there are way too many people walking around doused in the sickly sweet chemical smells of places like BBW and Victoria's Secret. Furthermore, because of their low prices, I feel a lot of preteens/teens are misguided that BBW is what a fragrance should smell like, just like I was.
However there is one scent from BBW that I adore, which is "white tea and ginger" and I don't understand why it is not available in stores anymore even though their website claims it's one of their top fragrances. So in my opinion, the pros are: the old fragrances are decent. I like their soaps and I keep a travel sized lotion in my purse. Hand sanitizers and wallflowers are pretty good. Sales can be good. But I usually don't bother walking inside anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's okay. I find that most of their scents are not to my liking. I wear floral/ocean scents, but a majority of these scents smell something my teenybopper classmates (oh, yes, do I hate most of them) would wear. BBW is not totally like that though, seeing as they do sell products that are more sophisticated than childish, but you got to search a bit for them. Yes, they're trying to appeal to my age group. But if only they made more mature scents...

The PocketBacs are DEFINITELY winners in my book. I like the foaming hand soaps too, it reminds me of going to my uncle's house on Christmas Eve and Thanksgiving. The candles are a hit-and miss sort of thing. I can't say much about the wallflowers or triple moisture creams. I like the shower gels. The lotions are okay, I'm in a love-hate relationship with them, but they sure do make my already-soft legs even softer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by msdixiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the three wick candles---- when they're on sale. Used to like the wallflowers, but now they're packaged singly and way more expensive. The hand soaps--- yeah, I always have those around. But the shower gels and lotions--- nope. Maybe it's the new scents--- most of them are not appealing to me--- a 12 year old, maybe, but I don't like the quality either. In fact, I feel like the general quality of the store and the products has declined over the years.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by rustybag

There was a point in time in the 90s/ early 2000s, when I shopped at this store frequently & happily used what I bought. The scents I used to like, that are discoutinued, were the original vanilla bean, peach nectar, original freesia, herbal mist, flowering herbs, white gardenia, fresh ginger lime, lemongrass sage, lavender flowers, orange blossom, tranquil tropics. Since that time period , the scents in this store have gotten really bad. Fake, synthetic, cheap & cloy. Way too strong. I agree with the reviewer who say it's like air freshener for people. Human Febreeze. My husband pretty much hates anything that I have tried to bring into the house (hand soaps, body wash) because of the strong perfumed scents & they make his skin dry and cracked. I give it a 2 because I still like the shampoos & conditioners which don't smell as strong on the hair (cherry blossom & coconut lime verbena), but you can only order online. The unscented hand sanitizer is good, which has a light citrus scent from the mandarin & orange oils that it contains but it does not contain artificial fragrance like the other ones. Also, quite a few people who I know like the hand soaps, so I buys those as gifts. Overall, I pretty much dislike the store now, which is a shame because I used to love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

I came to BBW late in the game, I guess...I've only been stopping by there for a year or so, and I'm really not that impressed.

I admit it's a colorful, cheerful store, and browsing around, looking at the scents and the candles, is a fun experience. But when it comes to actually buying anything, I find almost nothing. Last Christmas I bought a Winter Woods candle. The throw was just okay. I got stronger fragrance and better throw from some Glade candles I picked up at Walmart.

As for the fragrances, I can't stand the prevalence of sickeningly sweet scents at this store. For some reason I liked Twilight Woods, which is a sweeter and more vanilla type fragrance than I have ever liked before. But for the life of me, I cannot understand why people want to go around smelling like baked goods or sugar or crap like that. The thought makes me want to vomit. I snagged a couple of bottles of Rainkissed Leaves lotion at 75% off, which proves to me that BBW sold a clean, fresh fragrance at least ONCE in its history. But I guess that's in the past, and the shelves are given over to the cupcakes and the frosting and the candy. Blech.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Bath and Body works has really gone down hill in the past few years. Their scents used to be exciting. Now they smell just like every other fruity floral nightmare. every scent really smells the same to me. Boring! Nothing has really excited me since their launch of Twilight woods. I do love their candles though. And I do appreciate that you can get some of their older scents online.

I'll keep purchasing their hand soaps because they really are the best out there. But their prices for their lotions and body washes, ETC are way too high for what they are...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by weareclouds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh where do I begin...

Bath and Body works has been in my life since I was around 16 years old back in 2003.

Their scents used to be amazing. I loved Juniper Breeze, Country Apple, Pearberry, Lemongrass Sage, and a whole slew of other scents that have now been replaced by crap, crap, and more crap. Save for Cashmere Glow, Carried Away, Forever Sunshine, Pink Chiffon and Sparking Blackberry Woods which I love. Everything else new has been a major bust for me.

Everytime I go into a store anymore. There's hardly any other shoppers. Not even during the semi annual sale. Also. The price increase is ridiculous. Especially since the new Fine Fragrance Mists last hardly no time on the skin like the old splashes did. As I'm setting here looking at my old splashes. The ones in the 2003-2008 packaging. The bottom price tag says $10.50. Now the sprays...are $14. That's an insane price difference in just 4 years time. Especially since the quality has gone down hill. I will still shop here occasionally. But, only for the mini sprays since they are the old formula, and when they have the Hello Yellow sale.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I guess my overall feeling of B&BW is so-so.
Pros:
*Great for last min gifts
*Somewhat good deals from time to time
*Ability to purchase 'discontinued' scents from the website. I say 'discontinued' because some of their smells are still around, just not carried in stores.

Cons:
*Most of the smells are pretty similar. As a lot of other reviewers have stated, its most likely because of the cheap ingredients they use.
*They discontinue things very quickly, seems like they only keep the crappy smells around.
*Their sales really arent that great. If you're buying a lot, it can work well for you, but usually for me Im only buying one or two things.
*Their sales people are pushy and annoying. I get they have a sales structure and everything, but if I told you twice Im just browsing and no I really dont need to buy 5 things, LEAVE ME ALONE.

In conclusion, its just so so for me. Good for last min gifts you dont really have to put a ton of thought into, or if you are under 21.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lobstre

I stayed away from BBW for a long time and I don't really know why. Anywho I entered the store with family and found myself buying small bottles of lotion along with them. I'm currently using Paris Amour and I think it is a decent scent. It moisturizes and feels like a lotion, but yet there is something about the store that makes me doubt I want to go back. The items feel cheap to me as in bad quality. I don't think the ingredients will kill me, but I think I deserve better quality as it is going ON my skin. I will use the small bottle of lotion I have since it's convenient having lotion all other the place as I have dry skin, but I think the next time I buy lotion I will choose a better brand.
Also as someone else noted, the scent is a bit strong. I use it more as an emergency perfume when I'm out and start smelling like food or something. Overall it is a decent product. I think it's fine to use, but this is definitely not the best product out there.