July 24, 2014 | 1643 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this today in the shade of Ivory. When I use the sponge to swipe around my face, what I felt was, it is totally my shade. Like girl, I look like I have no makeup on and yes! My skin looks flawless! No redness or anything. It covers the redness of my pimples pretty well! The finish is also super smooth and it is very lightweight.. I absolutely do not feel like I have anything on my face but neither is it too drying! Holy shit, I am in love with this compact foundation. This is definitely recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so on the fence about this product. I bought this because my friend who always looks perfect uses this, but then again I don't think she really needs any makeup. I tried it on from her before but it wasn't a good color match so I didn't think much of it.

Anyhow, I went to test it at the store, swiped the sample with my hand, and noticed how silky the powder was! It seems a little like an HD powder. Very finely milled and soft, which is interesting for a pressed powder.

I would say this does make me look very even and nice, decent pigment/coverage. It does have a "flawless" non-powdery look! I don't know if there is another product even like this on the market, (ie, high coverage powder with thin consistency).

Negatives:
Color selection!! Horrid. I think I am nearly NC30 at the moment, and Me Vain Champagne seems slightly too dark, although I originally thought it'd be too light. The lighter shade, Petal, looks very white, so I'm not sure if it'd work.

Seems to oxidize. I think this is the problem with the color selection, it's actually just oxidizing and turning orangey after applied. So while the texture is perfect, the color makes you look makeup-y.

I find I look VERY shiney after only 30 minutes. Not dewy, shiney. I like how on the one hand it isn't powdery, but on the other, it actually makes you shine. This would probably be great for dry skin.

Also has a tendency to crease slightly...depends how much you've put on.

I think this would be great on many people like my friend, but I'm not convinced of how well it's working on me. It also seems like I'm running out already and I just bought it, as they don't give you much product. Possible return, possible staple....

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Hallow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in the complexion set and I really didn't like it.
I used this a light setting powder as advised by the 'benegirls' at my local benefit store. Found that it creates a cracked texture and pattern with the foundation "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow. My friend who also bought this product which this also happened too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I'm a bit torn about this powder foundation. It has a loooovely finish, good coverage and doesn't irritate my skin, but it also isn't a great foundation for oily skin.

First, the pros - the packaging is durable, the coverage is light-medium (good enough for most acne scars and redness) and the powder hides your pores like WHOA. I have large pores so I rarely see my skin look smooth with just a powder foundation, but this one somehow managed. There's no noticeable scent and my skin felt very comfortable underneath, neither dry or itchy. I experienced no acne issues after a few uses. The staying power was surprisingly good, the smooth coverage was evident 7-8 hours in, even after blotting.

The cons - No oil control whatsoever! I got oily an hour or two EARLIER than normal, which was annoying but nothing some blotting paper couldn't handle. The powder itself is a bit dusty, so you may a lose a decent amount of product due to fall out if you're using a dense brush to apply it. I also noticed a little bit of creasing in fine lines after about 6 hours, but that's normal for most powder foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I discovered this product while browsing at Ulta and was immediately impressed after trying this product on. It was easy to find a color match; I have tan, olive skin and I take "What I Crave, Toasted Beige." For reference, other foundations I wear are NARS in "Tahoe," MUFE Duo Mat in "209 - Warm Beige," Bobbi Brown in "Golden," and Hourglass Immaculate in "Warm Beige."

What I really like about this product is that it does indeed make my skin look flawless. Once applied in a thin layer, my skin looks very even and matte. It doesn't take much to make my skin look great. I like to use the sponge pad applicator that comes with it, and sometimes the brush it comes with as well for a more natural finish as they recommend in the instructions that come with the compact, but I find the brush to be a nuisance because it inevitably sheds a bunch of black fibers all over my face and leaves loose powder particles on top of the compact, which can be a waste in my opinion, especially if they fall out of the compact or get blown off

I've been using this for a little over a month and I haven't found that it's broken me out yet, and I am very acne prone. However, as others have mentioned, you don't get as much of the actual makeup product as you would in other compact foundations around the same price! The Make Up Forever Duo Mat has 0.35 oz of product, while the Benefit Hello Flawless only contains 0.25 oz, and each are $34.00! However, I really like how it makes my skin look, so I most likely will repurchase. For a super flawless look, I like to wear a thin layer of liquid foundation underneath, dab on under eye concealer/brightener, and then apply a light dusting of Benefit's Hello Flawless powder to set and make my skin look perfect and keep it looking that way all day (I never bring my foundation anywhere with me to touch up).

The only caveat is that when I wear sunglasses, the powder seems to get "disturbed" where the sunglasses touch my nose, and it kind of pools the powder if that makes sense. I just have to make sure I blot it off for it to look normal again, though.

I would recommend you try this foundation if you like the matte, even effect without looking unnatural or without having to use too much! The product is as build-able to the effect you want your skin to have.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the revlon is so much better(:

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the lightest shade--ivory and it was too dark. I'm fair, but not that fair! It gave me an orange cast and did not make my skin look flawless. I thought the compact itself was poor construction. Cheap plastic geared toward preteens? I would be afraid to put this in my purse, it looks like it might open if not lying flat. Also the amount of product was skimpy too. I'm glad I got this at a reduced price in a bundle from the Benefit site. I'd be upset if I paid full retail. Stick to the blushes, Benefit does these best.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by erinxrussell

I think this is a good product but I hit pan on it so quickly! If you look at how much product your getting it's not worth it, for example it's the same price as mac studio fix powder but with the mac one your getting about 15g and with the benefit one your getting 7g, just something to think about before purchasing x

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by redskittles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with Benefit. I love a lot of their products and they seem to work really well on me. The hate part comes into play when it's time to repurchase. They run out so quickly! I don't know if it's because Benefit doesn't provide a lot per package or what...things can get pretty pricey when you have to replace it every two months. The powder itself is very nice. I have a yellow undertone to my complexion and the shade "petal" it perfect. My pores vanish instantly and the longevity of the product is decent. I do have to spot check myself at times since my skin gets oily. I don't blame the product for this because I have pretty oily skin. So far, I'm in love with this powder...I just wish I wouldn't hit the bottom of the pan so quickly!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to try a long time ago and I remember absolutely LOVING the way it looked, but never bought it again for a few reasons.

PROS:
- Great color selection; my undertone is neutral-leaning-towards-olive and things that are too pink tend to turn ashy grey on me and I can deal much easier with a slightly yellow base.
- Makes your skin look FLAWLESS. I remember it looked so silky smooth and made my pores vanish. Beautiful finish, more satin-matte than dewy. Sheer to medium coverage, I just built it a little heavier in places I needed extra coverage.
- Did not break me out.
- CUTE packaging, but then again it is Benefit so that's a given. Love the compact with the mirror. Use the accompanying sponge or a really soft synthetic brush (like e.l.f.) Disregard the brush that it comes with, it's terrible.

CONS:
- Pricey. I'm a little cheap and I went through it quicker than I'd like.
- Became shiny very quickly on me. I've always had very oily skin and it seems like I constantly had to touch this up when I wore it. No staying power for oily people.

Currently on Accutane and my skin is more dry than it has been. I am tempted to give this another shot now that I am not so oily. If I do, I will update with its performance on my current complexion.