Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 5/22/2015 10:45:00 PM

The shade range is great for me. I love Clinique products they are one of the only brands that don't break me out. I have combination oily skin so I have to apply this with a sponge. If I apply it with a brush it starts to feel a bit heavy on my skin and I can't control the shine. I gave this foundation five stars because I have tried so many foundation and this is the one that looks the best in pictures and looks good in all different types of lighting. I also feel like it still lets my real skin shine through while still providing medium coverage. I always set this with the Clinique perfectly real powder compact and I love the way it looks.

on 5/16/2015 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The shade range is restricted to mid tones- if you are very fair or very dark you may struggle to find a match. I bought "linen" the palest shade in this range in the UK and it's slightly too dark though I can work with it. It covers redness, some thread veins. Freckles and spots were visible although deminished. It's good medium coverage. You could build this up but would need to be applying a lot of product to get anything more than medium coverage. I have dry skin and need to set this with a powder. It transfers easily to clothes, hands, phone etc. it gives a smooth application, blends very easily and has a non fragranced formula that is suitable for sensitive skin. The packaging is compact and lightweight with a hygienic tip dispenser. I have enjoyed using this product but wouldn't repurchase

on 5/12/2015 9:01:00 PM

My HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!! I put on foundation from 6:30am and take it off at about 3pm i can tell u this lasts a long way without being shiny. Although i would say u do have to put on a finishing powder cuz it does tend to transfer to ur phone if u dont. Apart from that BEST FOUNDATION EVER

on 5/2/2015 10:18:00 AM

When I first got this, I was really excited to try it and like it. However, I'm on the edge with this product!. I have combination skin and tried to apply this with brush, sponge and my fingers and found that my fingers were the best way to go!. If you apply it with brush or sponge, it will leave your skin looking very dry and flaky underneath the foundation, which is the last thing you want to achieve!. In contrast, when applied by fingers, it will leave a GLOW, natural finish!. My friend noticed that my skin looks like I dont have foundation on!. I still did not like the colour match as the girl on the counter was too busy and matched me quickly, I feel the color is a bit ashy!. She matched me as 'cream chamois' shade and I'm light to medium skin tone.

on 4/29/2015 2:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Hands down my favorite foundation! I love that it gives good coverage without looking "heavy". Will never use another foundation again!

on 4/17/2015 6:48:00 AM

What can I say that hasn't been mentioned in the 600 previous reviews...
I've suffered with rosacea for the last 10 years and have spent most of my life trying different ways to cover the redness (usually that involves layering concealer, foundation and powder). This foundation provides excellent coverage in one sweep. Because I don't have to use as much product, my skin is able to breathe and therefore is in better condition than ever. It is really natural looking & doesn't cause me to break out. For $50 australian it is on the expensive side, however I use less product than other foundations. Prefer this to the Clinique anti redness foundation for covering redness (go figure?)

on 4/7/2015 9:16:00 PM

I'm sorry, but I just had to comment after reading reviews about the Clinique line being only for more mature skin. When I was in college in the late 80's, Clinique was known as THE cosmetic line for younger, acne-prone skin! All other lines either had oil or fragrance or really heavy coverage that was not suitable for younger skin! In fact, when I was about 18 years old or so, my dermatologist explicitly told me to go with Clinique makeup because the coverage was not too heavy and didn't clog pores and was suitable for really young skin that didn't need a lot of coverage!! So, these previous comments are simply not true, in my opinion! Clinique is a great cosmetic line for very young and for more mature skin!!

on 4/7/2015 12:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation is by leaps and bounds, the best foundation I've ever tried (for reference, I've tried 54- yes I keep a list!!). Clinique has never really stood out as a brand to me or caught my attention since I've always associated it with being makeup suited to more mature skin but this stuff is working just fine for me! I decided to try it out because I'd heard some good things about it and being a foundation junkie, I couldn't not try it. Best makeup decision I've ever made. I have combination skin- it is both oily and incredibly dehydrated and finding a foundation that both controls oil and doesn't accentuate dry patches as the day goes on is a task and a half. This foundation lasts all day on my skin no matter how long I need to wear it for that day and it always still looks so beautiful when I go take it off at the end of the day. It also does not gravitate towards or cling to my dry patches at any point in time. The foundation is somewhat thick but I think where people go wrong with it is using too much. With this foundation you only need a very tiny pea-sized amount to give you a nice medium coverage. I have activate breakouts plus acne scarring and I find that this covers a good portion of my mild to moderate acne and acne scarring but I do need a little extra concealer for really red or discoloured skin. The finish of this foundation is divine. It is ever so slightly radiant and so it looks just like skin. I find that makeup that is both very radiant or very matte give the appearance of having makeup on which I am not a fan of. Nearly every time I wear this, I get a compliment from a friend and on occasion a complete stranger! My perfect foundation look is looking like I'm not wearing any at all and this foundation does that for me. I think it's also important to mention that my skin has a lot of texture due to acne scarring and this foundation does not bring attention to that issue. I use this in the shade Linen and I find that the shade matches perfectly to my very fair, neutral-warm undertoned skin. This foundation for me encompasses everything I would hope a foundation would ever do for me. Light on the skin, flawless natural-looking coverage, and completely non-irritating. Being a foundation junkie, this will not be the last foundation I ever own but it will definitely always be an active member of my foundation lineup as it has been for the past 2 years. Love it, highly recommend!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay, so I tried this product out because I left my foundation at my friends house and so I grabbed my moms to put on just as a substitute for my own. I've never been super interested in Clinique myself because I felt like it catered towards more mature skin but I have always recommended it to my older family members and friends because of how much praise I have heard from my mother and grandmother.

First things first, this is not a full coverage foundation but it is build-able to a medium coverage. I apply and thin layer of this product to my skin with my fingers and use a little bit more over areas with redness. This foundation looks like skin and won't cake up no matter how many layers you apply! It does just what it claims, which is, evens skin tone and brightens your face leaving you with a GORGEOUS finish! It's very natural yet glowy.

I have a bit of dryness on the tip of my nose and it was able to take away all of the redness from it but did not cover the texture, with that being said it also didn't emphasize the dry skin either. I also had some hormonal redness around my nose and mouth w/o any dryness or texture and it evened that out with no problem, although like I said you will have to build it up in those areas. This can cover up the redness in your pimples and blemishes but the bumpy texture will still be there and because of the naturally glowy finish it may emphasize the raised area so make sure to mattify any bumpyness with a translucent powder and then it should be covered. :)

The packaging is pretty normal for Clinique, in sort-of a dropper bottle with a mirrored twisty cap, which isn't a problem but if you are like me and seeing lots of makeup and foundation of the cap really annoys you it might be aggravating. Of course if you use a brush with this product or wipe off your hands before twisting the cap then the problem disappears. So I guess you couldn't technically call this a con just a nu-sense.

The price is $33 which is pretty pricey to me but that just depends on what your used too ,I guess. I enjoyed this product alot and although other "reviewers" say it broke out their skin and irritated it I didn't find it to be a problem for me so maybe that's just for those of you who have sensitive skin? The color match was perfect as well as the long wearing longevity of this product and I honestly can't say anything bad about it. .

Two Thumbs Up From Me :)

on 2/21/2015 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I purchased this with help from SA at Shoppers Drug Mart about a month ago. She suggested Linen, which supposedly is the lightest, and in the store it looked like it would be okay. Sadly, I feel it is just a bit too yellow for my skin tone. Best colour foundation I ever had was Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 in Alabaster. I wanted a bit more coverage as I'm dealing with hormonal skin breakouts right now, red blemishes on really fair skin stand out like crazy.
Coverage is decent but I feel it shows my pores a bit too much. It's not drying which I do like. Not crazy expensive, $33, less than the Bobbi Brown.
Will not be purchasing again and might head to Murale to see what Bobbi Brown has in a foundation with a bit more coverage than the Skin. At least I know that BB line has colours that match my pale skin. If they could get the skin tones right I would consider purchasing again but, alas, I don't think that will happen.