April 20, 2014 | 1753 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Cremesheen Lipglass - Boy Bait

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by stuffaboutbeauty

I usually don't buy high end lip glosses but I needed a good nude color. I bought the Mac Crèmesheen Glass in color Boy Bait which is a light nude pinkish color. It was the best shade ever, it is hard for me to find anything that looks good on my lips and this gloss is by far my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by DoraZ

So this would be the one Cremesheen Glass I WOULD purchase at full retail price....I love everything about it and I wear it on a regular basis. MAC's website describes this as a "light neutral beige with pearl." Personally I have to look hard to see the "pearl" aspect of the color and I see slightly warmer, peachy undertones in the tube and on the back of my hand when I swatch it. However, on my lips it's a gorgeous, milky, nude beige color. I love the creaminess of the formula, I don't have to apply lip balm or primer underneath which is nice. The wear is average, just like any other gloss you have to reapply every hour or two but I don't mind, you really don't need to much product to get a nice coverage. I did take off two lippies for the price because at $20 it IS very expensive. Fortunately I only paid $13 for mine at my local CCO...I'd better stock up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Let's be honest. It's a rather expensive lip gloss for how NOT opaque it really is, but it's still one of my favorite formulas for lip gloss. I hate sticky glosses that somehow sap moisture out of your lips, but MAC's cremesheens always layers well, feels nice, and looks lovely on its own too.

I have Richer, Lusher and decided to buy another shade since the other was running low. Boy Bait is a lovely milky apricot nude with no obvious sparkles and looks very natural. I would say that this is an everyday gloss. I have another opaque nude shade from their temperature rising collection that does better on its own. The thing with cremesheen formula is that they are never as opaque or punchy bright as the color looks in the tube.

Boy Bait makes my lips look plump and juicy without trying too hard. I really think that the formulation on these bad boys is what makes them stand out from the rest of lip glosses out there which claim to be non sticky but ends up sticking and oozing everywhere anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

The perfect to go lipgloss. I always got this with me. Hands down it's such a HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: ZOMG! It also looks fabulous with my summer bronze/peachy/coral look (In the winter I wear MAC Dame & cooler toned shadows. In the summer I wear Tarte Tipsy, MAC Royal Sunset, BB Beach Bronze.) This gloss literally works year round. I don't really see the need for spending money on higher end lipglosses, but Boy Bait is the exception. I will never be with out this. And I have never found anything as perfect as this shade.

ORIGINAL POST: I have a love /hate relationship with Boy Bait. I love everything about it but the price & that it should be dupeable, but isn't IMO. While price bothers me less with the other Cremeglasses as I only use the ones I have seasonally. But Boy Bait I can slap on any time, any place, any reason. It looks good by itself or on top of any other shade...I could really fly through these...so that is where the hate comes in. I could wear this as much as you would use lip balm...thus, I wish it were less expensive. Oh, I have tried to find "dupes", but no luck. IMO, nothing beats the texture of the Cremeglasses, they are my favorite lip glosses. As for color, I have swatched Boy Bait next to Revlon's Eggnog, Revlon's Peach Petal, Nude Lustre, Flower's What a Dai-sy & Baby's Breath & a few others. Boy Bait has that touch of pink, neutrality, sophistication, yet still beige/MLBB that I need. On me, Boy Bait is as perfect & hard to match as MAC's Innocence Beware (everything similar was just too peach/beige/or icy). Yes, it is a "barely there" shade, but dang it...I love it so much and could use it ALL THE TIME. I am NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey lips.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got this after reading Cat Zeta Jones wore this for the Oscars.. Her MUA apparently applied foundation over her lips to remove the redness, applied taupe lipstick and then boy bait. I tried the same and liked it. I also used this over Mac Angel lipstick and Stripdown lip pencil and just loved the effect. Essentially its a nude color with a high gloss sheen effect but doesnt have a sticky feeling to it. The result makes my lips look like its reflecting light.. Its nice! Its best worn over lipstick ... on its own its kinda flat. On a nude lipstick this color really pops. Smells like candy. I lov this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this lip gloss. Cremesheen is by far MAC's best lip glass formula. It's creamy,feels moisturizing (who knows if it actually does moisturize though), relatively long wearing (but what can you really expect from a gloss?), makes the lips appear succulent, and doesn't feel sticky or heavy like some of their glosses.

I would describe 'Boy Bait' as a creamy nude with very slight pinkish/peach undertones. It's funny. Sometimes I feel like this leans pink, while other times I see more peach. Either way, it goes on very sheer (only slightly more pigmented than a clear gloss), allowing it to compliment a wide range of lipsticks. It looks gorgeous with nudes, soft pinks, peaches, and even on naked lips for a little healthy shine. The texture of this is very milky, so it can settle into fine lines (use balm underneath if you're not wearing it over lipstick). It has VERY fine, almost unnoticeable shimmer.

I will say that this particular shade isn't unique and is quite dupeable (similar to Estee Lauder's 'Star Pink'), but it's lovely none-the-less. The shade combined with the beautiful formula is what makes it unique to MAC. I would suggest this as a good basic gloss for anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I kind of regret buying this gloss. It doesn't have much color and it really is more of a clear gloss. Only good thing about it is that I can use it over other colors of lipstick to make lips pop. Also, i like the act that it is a creamier gloss and not as sticky as other mac lipglosses. I don't think I will be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

My first Cremesheen Glass. Loving the formula. Just the right amount of sticky, moisture, color, and shine. Goes well over many nude and pink lipsticks. Is great for trying to tone down a brighter lipstick. Or for wearing alone on your lips. Very versatile product. I especially love it over MAC's Kinda Sexy lipstick for natural warm nude lip or over MAC's Myth lipstick or Naked lip liner for a going out or dramatic nude lip.

I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love Boy Bait I layer it over High Tea or wear it alone and I find it to be the perfect nude when doing a dark or smokey eye. I really like nude lips when I'm doing more dramatic eye looks and BB is the perfect color for my NW-15 skin. It lasts quite a while and it does have that touch of pink which as was mentioned makes it not look like concealer on my lips. I have nothing but good things to say about this lip glass. I use it almost everyday because I love doing crazy eye looks and I will even layer it over Tartes exposed and it looks fantastic as well.
I recommend this lip glass to anyone who loves a nude lip I think this color will compliment almost any skin tone it's so versatile. Plus it leaves your lips super soft and it has good staying power for a glass it really stays on your lips which I like for a nude color which usually they don't last long to begin with but this one does a good job at staying. It's an easy 5 lippies because I love the color and would repurchase without a doubt.
*EDIT: Had to take off one lippie and will not purchase mac sadly anymore is because of the animal testing policy.It's not worth having pretty lips when it hurts animals. Not worth it.