September 16, 2014 | 1978 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Swiss Performing Extract

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Liquid Gold for sure!! I love this and have been using it for years. My skin is flawless and I am 51 years old. You have to ask for it at the counter. This has been around for years. An oldie but goody!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, I have to give this product a negative review. I read many positive reviews before I rushed out and got it. I have used this cream twice and I am not impressed at all. The product has a smell of medicine. I am not bothered though. Just want to point out in case scent bothers you. What i don't like about it is the fact that it does not hydrate my skin much. After applying it to my face, it feels like a layer of oil/grease floating on the surface of my skin. It doesn't seem to be absorbed into the skin at all. Won't purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by pointoforder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PROS: very emollient and rich, but not too heavy. The texture is kind of like Clinique DDML. Has lots of antioxidants (grapeseed oil is the main ingredient). Not too expensive - $56 CDN for a 100mL bottle....I don't think any high-end moisturizers come in 100mL anymore (most are 30 or 50 mL now).
CONS: strong, somewhat masculine scent (though I personally liked it, and it does fade away). The smell reminds me of Halson Z-14. The worst thing: I have never ever broken out so badly to a product in my life. I have never seen pimples so big, either. I figured I could use this as a body lotion instead - and I broke out on my body! - something that has never happened before.

If you don't mind the scent and don't break out from this, it is a good buy - I recommend asking for a sample (which, of course, they won't give you) or asking about the return policy first.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by CCROXY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best Estee Lauder moisturizing cream ever made and probably the best ever of any cream. My skin always looks so beautiful after I put this on. Instantly looks younger. They should re-introduce this in an ad campaign because if you are under the age of 30 you probably don't even know they sell this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Electronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

A great moisturizer! However, I had to retun it becsuse of the extremely perfumed scent. It burned my eyes like crazy. With better marketing, and fragrance free and maybe some sunscreen with product would be a win.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had started using this sooner. I am in my mid 40's and my skin is starting to get dryer and the lines are coming. I used to use Estee Lauder skincare products in my early 20's and wish I had kept using them because they really do work. I just went back to them recently as I noticed my skin was looking older, toneless, bland, and tired. I thought it was just me and a part of getting older, but it was the products I was using. I was relying on drugstore anti-aging products and cleansers and watching my skin look older and older. So I decided to give Estee Lauder a try again and here is what I've found works for me.

I use Swiss Performing Extract at night over Time Zone anti-wrinkle cream and Night Repair. I use Advanced Night Repair for eyes, too. After I use these together, I kid you not, my skin looks flawless. My wrinkles are less prominent and my skin glows. I was just using Time Zone as my night moisturizer but found it wasn't enough so I added SPE and man, what a difference. That stuff is liquid gold.

I have found that the key is to use a hydrating lotion plus an anti-wrinkle cream together. Anti-wrinkle creams are not hydrating enough for me and hydration is the key to glowing skin.

During the day I use Idealist, then Time Zone anti-wrinkle SPF on top of that, with the Advanced Night Repair for eyes under my eyes (you're supposed to use this stuff night and day, even if it says it's a Night Repair). Again, flawless, glowing skin and minimal wrinkles. Sometimes if I'm feeling really dried out I'll use SPE as well. When I apply make-up on top of all this, it's gorgeous. My husband even told me yesterday that my skin looked really good. My skin even looks good without make-up and I've NEVER been able to say that about it, even when I was in my 20's.

I have noticed in the three months I've started this routine that my skin has definitely changed and looks younger. I used to think that the more expensive skin care lines were full of it, that they are the same as what you can buy at a drug store, that lotion is lotion no matter who is selling it. I don't think that applies anymore in most cases.

This review is for Swiss Performing Extract and I would say that it is a definite staple in my skin care routine, it has made my skin's appearance change, and all the women who have used it for years and who are now in the 50's and 60's and don't look like it are onto something.

This is a must have for maturing skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this a 5 star rating because it never fails to moisturize my dry winter skin. We have a wood burning stove that dries my skin and makes me stay flaky all winter, but this really helps to combat the flakes and does it's job well. This is heavily fragranced, so if you are sensitive to strongly scented products this would bother you. I do like the nice heavy glass bottle....just feels substantial and elegant. I know that tubes are more hygienic but what can I say? I love the feel of heavy glass!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by psawyer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because of my mother.

My mother has used this consistently for the last 20 years, has never worn sunscreen in her life and her skincare routine is basic and fuss free. At 60, her skin is baby-soft, wrinkle-free and radiant, and she wholly attributes that to this cream. This is, as others have said, SO hard to find because for some odd reason, EL seems to be ashamed of it....or at least ageist towards it. Why they should push other, lesser (IMO) products and hide this away like a dirty secret, I don't know. All I know is that this is an incredibly light but emollient lotion that brightens up my complexion in an instant, with or without make up. It makes my (oily) skin feel soft, dewy and hydrated. It doesn't break me out like some modern creams do, it doesn't burn or tingle or perform any so-called 'miracles'. It just does what it's supposed to do.

The bottle is lovely, heavy and elegant - a true classic. And the fragrance (for me) is incredible, not least because it reminds me of my childhood watching my mother apply this nightly. I have just turned 26 this year and have started regularly applying this, in the hope that, in 20 years from now, my skin too will be as radiant and well-maintained as my mother's.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by kristy1077

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is the best moisturiser I have ever used. It is very runny and really hydrates the skin well. It takes a good 5 min for it to seek into the skin but once it does it leaves skin so soft. It's great under my makeup (EL double wear).

I tend to get blemishes on my chin and blackheads on my nose area. To combat this I use BEnzac AC 2.5 benzoyl peroxide gel. This can really dry out skin and leave flakey patches. The EL Swiss perform extract combats this dryness with one application.

I can not recommend this product enough. It has worked wonders on my skin and works well in conjunction with the anti blemish products I have been using.

It is hard to find in Australia but I order it online for around $45. The bottle is a good size but it really needs a pump applicator as the product is very runny.

Fantastic product for my skin but may be a bit to moisturising for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Moisture:
It's definitely a very moisturizing product. I've used their Hydrationist moisturizer for dry skin, and the Swiss Performing Extract is thinner but more moisturizing than the Hydrationist. Swiss Performing Extract is also more moisturizing than the Time Zone moisturizer (my favorite one).

Skin improvement:
The job of this product is to keep one's skin moisturized. Other than this, there are no tone evening or wrinkle reducing effects for me. I've one tiny wrinkle between my brows that's visible to myself. Time Zone helped me get rid of it, at least temporarily. But, SPE didn't make any changes.

Value and packaging:
Compared to other Estee Lauder moisturizers, the price is lower since there's a lot in a jar. There's no pump inside, so one has to dump the moisturizer out. Like I said, this product is runny, so I'm careful to not use too much.

Downsides:
I break out if I use these in the evenings.