Estee Lauder Swiss Performing Extract

4.1

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Dipelargonate, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetyl Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Soluble Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Wheat Germ Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Laureth-23, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Limonene, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Isoeugenol, Eugenol, Benzyl Salicylate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/7/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty new to Estee Lauder. This is the first moisturizer I have purchased from this line. I have the Double Wear foundation, Advanced Night Repair, and was so happy with those two products, decided to try a moisturizer. I have extremely sensitive and dry skin. I was looking at the Verite cream, but the BA showed me this one as well. I didn't even know about this light cream in a bottle. I'm so happy she showed it to me! I purchased it and tried it on that night. I was scared it was going to make me red and itchy but I didn't experience any of that... only smooth and soft skin the next morning! It has a soothing herbal fragrance - reminds me of a tea I use to drink.

I really love this moisturizer. My skin drinks it up! It reminds me of Clinique's DDML - only I break out when I use that now (new formula). I heard this was Mrs. Lauder's favorite moisturizer - I can see why! It is becoming something I don't think I can live without either. My skin just looks so smooth and healthy. It is 3.4 ounces and is less than $60.00. I tried the other moisturizers from EL that were more expensive, but I like this one the best. It sinks right in and just feels refreshing! It's literally a hidden gem... they don't even display this at the counter. Luckily the BA showed it to me. She said mainly older women buy this but she wanted to show this to me since my skin was dry. This milky light cream lotion is so emollient. You really just need a tiny bit to cover your face and then a little more for your neck. I love it! The best stuff I have used for my face!!!! HG status!

on 1/1/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This product is from the 1970s. That's an old formula which Lauder charges $55.00 for. If you think any product from the 70s is worth that kind of money, especially since it was probably priced between $15-$20, if not less, when introduced, then please, by all means, go for it. Loaded with fragrance. There's nothing Swiss or performing about it! PS: I noticed within the ingredients listed here, there are some which I'm certain were not available (ie: dimethicone) when this product was introduced in the 70s. It must have been somewhat reformulated along the way of it's 40+ years of being around. I'll still stick with my opinion stated above as it comes in a non-hygenic bottle (no pump, just a pour out) which of course defeats the purpose of active ingredients (antioxidants) as they are exposed to air each time you unscrew the top. That exposure will decrease the effectiveness of the actives each time they come in contact with air, making them less effective, if at all. This is why skincare in a jar or bottle is worthless; air and light destroy their ingredients effectiveness, not to mention compromising the products hygiene. To spend the kind of money EL charges for anything in a jar or bottle is ridiculous! With these prices, at least insist on a protective, hygenic pump, or move on to something that offers such.

on 10/20/2014 10:18:00 PM

Swiss Performing Extract is both lightweight and deeply nourishing at the same time.

It has a light, milky consistency .... which when applied to freshly cleansed and toned skin, absorbs quickly.

It also deeply nourishes skin. It absorbs into skin effortlessly and leaves skin soft, smooth and healthy. Makes my skin feel like velvet!

It works beautifully under makeup too. And you're either going to love or hate the scent. I love it! It reminds me of the scent of Aveda products .... that herbal, medicinal, hint of pine, natural ingredient scent. :)

on 2/22/2014 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Liquid Gold for sure!! I love this and have been using it for years. My skin is flawless and I am 51 years old. You have to ask for it at the counter. This has been around for years. An oldie but goody!

on 11/7/2013 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OK, I have to give this product a negative review. I read many positive reviews before I rushed out and got it. I have used this cream twice and I am not impressed at all. The product has a smell of medicine. I am not bothered though. Just want to point out in case scent bothers you. What i don't like about it is the fact that it does not hydrate my skin much. After applying it to my face, it feels like a layer of oil/grease floating on the surface of my skin. It doesn't seem to be absorbed into the skin at all. Won't purchase again.

on 3/28/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PROS: very emollient and rich, but not too heavy. The texture is kind of like Clinique DDML. Has lots of antioxidants (grapeseed oil is the main ingredient). Not too expensive - $56 CDN for a 100mL bottle....I don't think any high-end moisturizers come in 100mL anymore (most are 30 or 50 mL now).
CONS: strong, somewhat masculine scent (though I personally liked it, and it does fade away). The smell reminds me of Halson Z-14. The worst thing: I have never ever broken out so badly to a product in my life. I have never seen pimples so big, either. I figured I could use this as a body lotion instead - and I broke out on my body! - something that has never happened before.

If you don't mind the scent and don't break out from this, it is a good buy - I recommend asking for a sample (which, of course, they won't give you) or asking about the return policy first.

on 2/13/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The best Estee Lauder moisturizing cream ever made and probably the best ever of any cream. My skin always looks so beautiful after I put this on. Instantly looks younger. They should re-introduce this in an ad campaign because if you are under the age of 30 you probably don't even know they sell this.

on 2/10/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A great moisturizer! However, I had to retun it becsuse of the extremely perfumed scent. It burned my eyes like crazy. With better marketing, and fragrance free and maybe some sunscreen with product would be a win.

on 1/26/2013 2:45:00 PM

I wish I had started using this sooner. I am in my mid 40's and my skin is starting to get dryer and the lines are coming. I used to use Estee Lauder skincare products in my early 20's and wish I had kept using them because they really do work. I just went back to them recently as I noticed my skin was looking older, toneless, bland, and tired. I thought it was just me and a part of getting older, but it was the products I was using. I was relying on drugstore anti-aging products and cleansers and watching my skin look older and older. So I decided to give Estee Lauder a try again and here is what I've found works for me.

I use Swiss Performing Extract at night over Time Zone anti-wrinkle cream and Night Repair. I use Advanced Night Repair for eyes, too. After I use these together, I kid you not, my skin looks flawless. My wrinkles are less prominent and my skin glows. I was just using Time Zone as my night moisturizer but found it wasn't enough so I added SPE and man, what a difference. That stuff is liquid gold.

I have found that the key is to use a hydrating lotion plus an anti-wrinkle cream together. Anti-wrinkle creams are not hydrating enough for me and hydration is the key to glowing skin.

During the day I use Idealist, then Time Zone anti-wrinkle SPF on top of that, with the Advanced Night Repair for eyes under my eyes (you're supposed to use this stuff night and day, even if it says it's a Night Repair). Again, flawless, glowing skin and minimal wrinkles. Sometimes if I'm feeling really dried out I'll use SPE as well. When I apply make-up on top of all this, it's gorgeous. My husband even told me yesterday that my skin looked really good. My skin even looks good without make-up and I've NEVER been able to say that about it, even when I was in my 20's.

I have noticed in the three months I've started this routine that my skin has definitely changed and looks younger. I used to think that the more expensive skin care lines were full of it, that they are the same as what you can buy at a drug store, that lotion is lotion no matter who is selling it. I don't think that applies anymore in most cases.

This review is for Swiss Performing Extract and I would say that it is a definite staple in my skin care routine, it has made my skin's appearance change, and all the women who have used it for years and who are now in the 50's and 60's and don't look like it are onto something.

This is a must have for maturing skin.

on 12/12/2012 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I gave this a 5 star rating because it never fails to moisturize my dry winter skin. We have a wood burning stove that dries my skin and makes me stay flaky all winter, but this really helps to combat the flakes and does it's job well. This is heavily fragranced, so if you are sensitive to strongly scented products this would bother you. I do like the nice heavy glass bottle....just feels substantial and elegant. I know that tubes are more hygienic but what can I say? I love the feel of heavy glass!