October 21, 2014 | 1777 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by loveisgreen22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I logged on to makeupalley last night to write a very negative review of this product but changed my mind between last night and this morning!
I bought it as a pre-poo during the summer because the coconut oil I usually use was getting a bit heavy for my hair and not absorbing as it did during the colder months. I didn't like it as a detangler/pre-poo. For my preferences, it does not have enough slip, I don't feel like it gives my hair any added moisture and doesn't condition it. I do like the smell though. I started to use it to detangle in a spray bottle with water, and that worked a little better, but still wasn't great.

Last night I decided to finish the bottle and went to detangle again; diluted in water. Unfortunately I ran out of time and wasn't able to wash it out the way I usually do so I just tied it up and went to sleep. This morning when I woke up BAM!! Gorgeous curls! Looks just like my hair on wash day (5 hour process). So I think I will use it as a midweek curl refresher until I finish the bottle.I really wanted to loveeeee this product based on the amazing reviews. I find it odd that my hair didn't respond to it because my curls really aren't that picky and take to new product pretty easily. But for the price and my results I don't think I will repurchase (I'll stick to my first love)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by CurlyHeadedTreasure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like or dislike this product. First off, its definitely not a leave in conditioner, it doesn't have enough hold. I use it as a detangler because that is something it does pretty good, you can see a difference between detangling with this and without it. I like the smell and the smooth slip it gives. To make it last longer and double as a 2nd/3rd day refresher, I add a little over a quarter size to a spray bottle(cheap 99 cent ones from Target or walmart) and its a nice moisturizing mist.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by junkfood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Last year, I started going to a salon called Curl Ambassadors, one of the places that used Lorraine Massey's Curly Girl method. I'd never been to a hairdresser or salon that specialized in curly hair.
The hairdresser used Kinky Curly products on me, and after my first visit, my curls looked fantastic! On the next visit, I decided to buy the Curling Custard, and it worked great! Not excellent, 5/5, but still better than just about anything I'd bought before! Reading through these reviews, I decided to buy Knot Today to improve those results. I bought this online from iHerb because it retails in Canada for over $20!
I didn't use this as a conditioner at all. I'd use a different conditioner, rinse that out after a few minutes, then apply this and use a wide-tooth comb to evenly distribute it, get out of the shower, and apply the Curling Custard. I still didn't get the 5 star results I was expecting. I felt there wasn't much difference between using the Custard alone vs Knot Today+ Custard. Whatever difference there was, wasn't really worth it.
However, I'm looking through more reviews and video reviews, and I might be willing to try it again, because maybe I just didn't do it right (the bottle seems too small to be using as a conditioner alone!). If I do, I'll edit my review if the results are different. Hopefully they will be.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by mlgalvin92

I LOVE this product 100 times fold!!!!!! I reviewed this product in full details on my YouTube Channel. Check it out here:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Collage909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I found out that I didn't like it on freshly clean hair but when my already dry hair needs a new hairstyle, this is the stuff! It detangles well and adds shine and softness that lasts for days. I really like that it is light, but I wish it came in a pump bottle instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by NoyaG

I love this stuff! I even got my mom using it on my younger siblings hair!!! lol I pretty much use it sparingly for those days when my hair is days old and needs some serious detangling since my local target is out of the way from where I live. I've use a lot of leave in conditioners but this is definitely number two on my list (after Aussie moist) lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This leave-in is so versatile but my favorite thing to use it for is to smooth out my flyways when I put my hair up in a ponytail or bun. It makes everything look so much smoother and more polished- and it does it without making my hair feel dirty or product-laden. Seriously, the next day I can just comb my hair out and it's soft and manageable- it doesn't feel like there's a ton of product in there at all.
So it's great for use on dry hair because it smooths and moisturizes without being heavy. But it's also great for use on wet hair. This is one of those products that's perfect for "cocktailing". When you want to mix one of your other styling products with something else that's a little more moisturizing, here you go. Or if you need a little extra moisture on your ends but don't want your hair to get weighed down, this is the stuff.
Out of all the products in my hair care stash, this one is unique. I'm on my second bottle and I'll definitely buy it again in the future.
For reference, I have thick wavy-texture hair that I color and heat-style regularly. This product is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ruru107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair is actually not curly at all...I bought this because I was looking for a more natural leave-in that didn't use humectants or proteins, which I think have been damaging my hair. This leave-in has a great smell. It doesn't seem to make my hair as smooth or silky as the Aussie Hair Insurance leave-in, but it does a fairly good job, and I'm willing to give that up for the natural ingredients. My one wish is that there was a tidier way to apply it; I prefer spray leave-ins, and this one makes your hands all gooey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by irawesome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 3b/c, coarse, mixed hair.

This product is labeled as a leave-in conditioner/detangler. It is not moisturizing at all and does not work well as a conditioner. However, it is an awesome detangler. I wet my hair a bit, put some of this on and my comb glides through and all my tangles are gone.

It has a slightly fruity smell to it which is pleasant. I like to use this with a leave in conditioner after I wash my hair to keep t detangled.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have my cons and pros to this. Overall though it's worth it. I use this everyday with a co-wash or just spraying my hair with water. Just so you all have an idea of my hair type I guess you can say I have 3b curls and my hair is pretty fine. Im natural with a faded semi-permanant color and never put heat in my hair but once a year.

My experience
This leave in definitly defines your curls and depending on how thick your hair is that should determine how much you need. I use too much my curls turn hard. If I dont use enough my hair will be frizzy. I like this on my hair more as a curl definer than an acutual moisterizer. I like my Giovanni for moisturizing and taking the crunch out of my curls after this kinky curly leave-in dries. As a matter of fact in my pictures I used the kinky curly leave in + kinky curly custard (tiny amount too much makes your hair horrible especially if its fine like mine) + giovanni direct leave in.

I've seen this at Target and Whole foods but whole foods like the food their is a little high so just go to target. Hope my review helped