August 21, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte - Pink Pout

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this. i thought about purchasing Snob but wasn't sure i'd like the color since it's a purple-leaning pink. But I love it. I put on some lip balm, then pink pout, then NYX creme brule lip gloss and I'm ready to go! It is a great and interesting take on a nude/pink lip.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe it took me 25 years to purchase this lipstick, just because I thought by now I'd snapped up every pale to medium pink shade on the drugstore shelves :) Well, I guess not. I saw the rave reviews on this little number was getting and thought "why not"? Revlon is a reputable brand that's been around forever and the color looks totally my style on the swatch on the bottom of the tube (a pale but pigmented warm pink- similarly to MAC's Angel- which is my go-to). When faced with a choice between running to CVS and spending $8… and running to the MALL and spending $15… the choice is obvious. So I bought Pink Pout along with um.. another shade, the name escapes me at the moment, but I'll do a review after I get around to wearing it.

Anyways. Fast forward $86 (we know how these trips to CVS can end up) and I open the tube and… disappointment immediately sets in. It almost looks purple in the lighting I was seated in, like a medium, very cool-toned lavender. I was so mad that the color was so different than what they put on the bottom (which is the only reason I knocked off a lippie). BUT, after closer examination, realized it was pink, a cool-toned pink, yes, but pink nonetheless. Still very different from what was depicted on the bottom (WHY can drugstore brands never seem to get it in the ballpark?)

Now, this is no MAC Angel, it draws comparison to MAC Snob, and rightfully so. I don't wear cool-toned colors very often so I plan on only breaking this out maybe once or twice a month, but when I gave it a test run this past week, I was pleasantly surprised. It has decent staying power, stays on your mouth even after a couple drinks, looks GREAT with this lip liner: Maybelline Line Stylist in PINK (#110), has no odor, it is truly matte and I noticed NO DRYING whatsoever! Wow what an awesome surprise that was! I realize some gals on here have had this problem, my advice: a little vaseline under it, and gloss over it if you don't mind that look. But I didn't notice drying at all. So, I will be repurchasing if only because once in a while the color will come in handy and it definitely does what it's supposed to! May not be my favorite color, but it has many redeeming qualities!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by onyxdoll20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a 8.5 in macs matchmaster and this is like the perfect pink lippie for me! even though it seems like a really light pink I can wear this without a lip liner. I gave this a 4 because it is quite drying. but I would for sure repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is very chalky looking nd it tries my lips out

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by reniecpa

I know this is matte lipstick, but looked like a chalky mess on me. I bought it because it's a dupe of Mac "Snob" and the color is very close. But texture....awful!!! Feels & looks extremely cheap. I even topped it with some gloss thinking that would help, but the chalky/streaky-ness of it still showed through.

I LOVE Revlon Super Lustrous formula, but not this matte mess! Will return it if I can. If not, in the trash it's gonna go....unless my 11 yr old wants it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I really wanted to love this lipstick, it's a very similar shade to MAC 'Snob'. Whilst it applies smoothly and the pigmentation is good, it settles into my lines like no other! No matter how well I've exfoliated and prepped my lips beforehand, it will not look smooth, it looks very chalky. Nice colour, but no repurchase from me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yes yes close dupe to MAC snob. I did enjoy this shade in the past, its a wearable cool pink for me, which is ExTREmEly rare. I can't stand cool/blue undertone pink or plum/brown pinks, so its hard to please me in a way. This pink was different it didn't scream cool & look neon on me. I would say its a NEUTRAL undertone, you know not too warm and not too cool (although leans this way). I have enjoyed it over time & repurchased it but I don't think i will anymore. Simply because I've moved on to tinted balms/stains now, PP was too drying. It didn't settle in lines but outlined that inner part of my lower lip all creepy-ily. With so many long lasting, full color drugstore options now I just don't reach for my lipsticks anymore. If my mind/heart changes over the yrs, I'll return to it. For now, farewell!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by hippychic823

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lippie!! This is the perfect nude for my olive toned skin (NARS Sheer Glow Barcelona for reference. I don't know what MAC color I'am). It's a light to medium shade of pink with cool undertones and a matte finish. Staying power is good. It's not particularly drying to be a matte lippie, but I always make sure I use balm beforehand. When I first got it I actually hated it, thought it was too cool toned for me but I combine it with Rimmel Natural lipliner and top it with a light coat of either Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle or my HG gloss Buxom Mudslide and it looks great!! It also looks good combined with the Revlon Lip Butter in Cupcake, but this will def make it a cooler toned pink. Overall, I love this lippie. It's my everyday nude and is suppossedly a dupe for MAC Snob but I find this WAAAY more wearable tham Snob and it's actually closer to Creme Cup for me (on my lips anyways). I have 2 backups and will ALWAYS repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by mintiemouse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect pinky nude on my medium/tan skin tone. I love how it's glamorous but can be casually used as well. A staple in my makeup collection for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

To me this is the perfect "kardashian nude" nice calm pink easily dressed up or down love it *matte