November 24, 2014 | 1430 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by SiiLLYxMEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

THE PERFECT MATTE REAL RED DRUGSTORE LIPSTICK.

Lasts long, looks good on all skin tones, doesn't look cheap like other drugstore red lipsticks (it's seriously the perfect RED color).

Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by austere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly this lipstick is (thankfully) not discontinued!
I am a lipstick fiend and have a sizeable collection of red lipsticks and this one is hands down my favourite of them all.

I have MAC Russian Red and Ruby Woo and contrary to popular belief, Revlon Really Red is not a dupe for either of those. Really Red is a neutral to warm classic red with a slightly brown undertone. The touch of brown in the colour makes it somewhat muted and not garish in any way. It's a very elegant shade of red which looks great for daytime or evening.
In comparison Russian Red is more neutral (cooler toned) and Ruby Woo is much cooler and brighter with a blue undertone. I'd say the colour of Revlon Really Red is a perfect blend MAC Chili and MAC Russian Red.
I have warm undertones in my skin and the warmth in Really Red is probably why I find it super flattering on me. It compliments my skin so well and gives me a nice glow.
For a bolder red lipstick look I recommend Wet n Wild Stoplight Red which is another red I really love.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by merrysoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure why this shade is listed as discontinued. Here in London, I keep seeing the shade being sold in various Boots and Superdrug shops. I love this shade and find it flattering no matter if I am normally tanned to sunburnt. The lippie glides on smoothly and wear time is really good. Do exfoliate your lips and moisturize with lip balm prior to wearing for better results and wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great, muted, universally flattering, everyday red, and I really enjoy it. I was disappointed in the formula because it fades and makes my lips feel gritty. (This is probably because its a matte lipstick.) that aside, its still a good product and is long-wearing compared to others I've tried. I have read that this is a dupe for Ruby Woo, though I can't compare them personally since I do not own it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Ashes83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is a red that works on everyone. A bold red that lights up my face as soon as I put it on. It is matte, so be sure to exfoliate your lips and moisturize BEFORE you wear this. It lasts a event amount of time, and the price is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

An absolutely classic netural matte red. This is one of the most gorgeous items Revlon makes and if they ever discontinue it, it would be a damned shame. It really is that good. I have been wanting to rock red lips forever but I always feel self conscious. This is the shade that is helping me get over it lol It has a neutral base, has a pop of cherry color but isn't too bright but also isn't too dark. I love that it is matte... for me, glossy red lips are difficult to pull off because I feel like the gloss and the red compete for attention. I don't mind red creams but still prefer matte if I can get my hands on it.

I can actually get away with wearing this even without properly moisturized lips. The matte formula on this shade is great, it glides on smoothly and doesn't cling to any dry spots but it is best to prep lips with a balm (I prefer one that has a matte or satiny finish like eos balms). It is really long lasting and looks great. It somehow manages to be matte but still look moist. It also does not feather, end up on your teeth or otherwise smear.

This is the red lipstick you buy if you think you cannot wear red lipsticks. It will prove you wrong.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by shaylapurple16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite lipstick ever. I ordered it about a year ago for my birthday or Christmas from Walmart.com, and I love it so much. I appreciate how this is a matte lipstick rather than glossy; most of the lipsticks in the stores where I live are glossy, but I prefer this one. With a little lip balm underneath, this lipstick is not drying and for the most part lasts all day long. I would definitely buy this again when I run out! If you want a bold red that's not too dark, this color is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this at my local grocery store when I was in desperate need for a red lipstick, since my beloved Ruby Woo was stolen, I was left with nothing. I read online that this was a dupe for RW, so I was pretty excited when I opened it, the packaging is so secure! Anyways, I loved this, it complimented my skin tone wonderfully and made me look elegant. I love this, two thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised I forgot to review this when I bought this back in 08, 6 years ago. I bought it's now d/c sister "In the Red". They were 2 great reds in the Matte lipsticks line by Revlon and they are both favourites. Over the years I've tended to choose this one to wear more because it's a bit lighter and brighter, the other one was browned down which made it easier to get up the courage to wear but honestly----

---this shade is way nicer and I'm glad this is the surviving red in the Matte lipstick line. I better get me 2 more tubes just in case they decide to discontinue it.

The colour itself is a neutral red. I think warm and cool toned ladies could wear this easily. There is almost a cherry undertone in this red. Teeth look white next to it, and it makes my skin look clear and lovely. One of Bobbi Brown's lipstick tests is to try it wearing no other makeup. If it makes your face look better, it's a keeper. If you go sallow or blotchy or your teeth go yellow it's a loser. This is a winner of a lipstick.

It feels light and creamy. It looks matte, but doesn't dry my lips out. And it's a nice satiny matte, not a crepey dry ol' ladyish look, which I am careful of being on the VERY far side of fifty!

It wears for about 3 to 4 hours then it's time to refresh it which is pretty good for any lipstick let alone a red one.

I tried a bunch of red lippies at Estee Lauder, Dior, Lancome and Elizabeth Arden before buying this one and it's now d/c'd sister, and each of the other brands wore off and bled into my lip lines. The L'Oreal ones were really bad for that. I hated the Maybelline smell on their new line, and the L'Oreal's were as stinky as ever. But they ALL bled into my lip lines and wore off fast.

Speaking of bleeding, this doesn't! I'm impressed! Red is a difficult colour when you are over 50 and have some lip lines to contend with. All the other ones bled into my lip lines. This stays put----FOR HOURS!!!!! NO BLEEDING! NONE!

It isn't food proof, but still leaves enough of a stain behind that I keep a red look instead of the bluish grey mauve undertone that my lips have naturally.

Oh and one last comment, that container, the tube itself has a good secure closure on it, no worries about it coming undone in the purse or cosmetic bag. It is a chic matte black with a pretty silver middle. Really nice!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by vivienh92

one of the best red lip colours i have. but you have to have really moisterised lips!! colour is beautiful and seems to suit any complexion. i've only used this a few times but haven't been disappointed :)