July 22, 2014 | 2079 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this primer. It's like a frosty champagne color. Really makes my eyeshadow pop and last forever. A tube of this will last a while for me even using it everyday. I liked this better than the original version. Yes will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE UD's Original primer - it's SO effective, but I find that Sin doesn't hold up as well for me...

That said, it's SO gorgeous - a really beautiful shiny rose gold that blends out to be really subtle and makes a stunning base for a shimmery shadow - it's even beautiful on its own with a little liner. I did find that my shadow faded and creased after a while, but this is one of those rare times when I don't even mind!

Do I think it's the most effective primer? Definitely not - UD's Original blows it out of the water for me, but it's so gorgeous that I can't help but love it, and despite it all, I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Jlb91

Made my shadow crease :/

I use the original primer potion and it works amazing [lasts longer than too faced eye primer]. Since it works so well, I decided to try the primer potion in sin. I thought it would work as well but my eye shadow creased by late afternoon. My eye shadow lasts all day with in the original primer but not in sin

My eyelids get pretty oily so this might work on some people, just not me. The original def works a lot better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by rachel1031

Well, I didn't want to like this, because I do not appreciate spending $20 on a primer, but I got a sample from Sephora and have to admit, it is superior to any other primer I have used.

Pros: Lasts until I use coconut oil to take it off. Will last through a shower (though my mascara won't).

Pros: Shimmery, which I didn't think I would like (I am 47) but I do.

Cons: Doesn't completely hide creases (I am 47).

All in all though, it is a nice product. I have used it both with Naked 3 palette and with less expensive eye shadows, and I like the result.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by AustaNusta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a package of this with the regular UD primer (in silver). The sin is a beautiful pink shimmer that I can apply all over my lids. I only use this when I want my eyes to look good and keep them that way!
Con: I hate applying it with my finger,and its so hard to get it off once you got it on.(I didn't get the one that comes with the sponge tip)
Overall its a great eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by DaBeedo

I LOVE this. I wear it daily and it keeps my Liquid eyeliner on perfectly ALL DAY. I don't wear eyeshadow normally so the slight color to this is great. I have had a real problem in the past with eyeliners smudging all over my lids throughout the day and this has stopped that. A little goes a long way too so the value is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ewwie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

K let me talk about my favorite makeup product EVER.

Urban Decay Primer Potion.

This stuff is the bomb. Itís kind of expensive ($20 per tube) but the tube lasts A REALLY LONG TIME. I went to sephora and got a free sample of this (the size of a pea) and it lasted for 3 months, so I donít even know how long this tube will last me (years.).

I have ďSin,Ē itís a sort of rosy gold color thatís really nice - has a shimmer to it. The main kind of Urban Decay primer is colorless but I like the ďSinĒ because sometimes when I am too lazy to put eyeshadow on, the nice color of the primer actually looks like an eye shadow. Some people donít like shimmery eyeshadows and prefer matte, but you can just throw matte eyeshadow over it no big deal.

To give you perspective to how awesome this stuff is, I put some on yesterday at 10 am. $2 eyeliner from E.L.F., and some really loose powder shadow that usually falls off after an hour or two. I proceeded to play with my dog, go to a wedding, come home, cook, play outside more, go to a wedding reception for several hours, come home for 10 minutes, go to Dave and Busters and play DDR and sweaty games for 3 hours. Basically I was on the go from 10 am til 2 am that night (math: 16 hours) and I came home with perfect eyeliner and eyeshadow, but my blush, lower lid eyeliner, and everything had totally worn off. If I could find the equivalent of this for my face I would.

So. Bottom line. If you like doing your eye makeup, buy this. itís really really good and I recommend it to everyone because you can buy the cheapest, crappiest eyeliners and eyeshadows ($$$ saved, making up for the price of this) and they will stay on and look perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This primer is amazing, I even use it as an eye shadow when working :) lasts all day and intensifies the colour of other shadows applied over it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by littlestarface

Beautiful shade but I use this alone rather than under a shadow. Looks good both way though but do prefer the primer alone. Also looks good with a big of gold shadow on top.
It's described as a champagne colour, more a pink shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the tube so I don't have to worry about the applicator, and IMO this really helps conserve this product. A tiny drop padded out over both eyelids covers them evenly, sometimes even that is too much. I had tried a few primers before this but I will never go back now, this stuff can withstand an entire workday, a workout, even me falling asleep. It is a visible color on the lid, before I bought this I was using Mac e/s in Shroom as an allover color but I found that this gives a little extra pop. It lends staying power to every brand of eyeshadow I have tried it with, from drugstore to HE and even helps keep looser shadows and pigments in place.

My only negative is the price, though it is worth it for the staying power it gives ALL other eyeshadows I cringe at spending that much on anything. There are other primers out there that work decently well, so if you don't need insane staying power you might not need this. But if you have a lot of issues with eyeshadow slipping or just wear eyeshadow daily, this is worth a try (even if you get the original!)