Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 4/22/2015 2:26:00 PM

This product does exactly what you want it to do: keeping eyeshadow in place and eliminating any creases in the eye. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone. I have a little shimmer in mine. Sometimes that works just fine as an eye brightener. When I'm too lazy to put on a full face of makeup, I just use this product. It's a quick and easy alternative to pulling out the eyeshadow palette.

on 4/22/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

love Love LOVE this primer! I always admired the sleek shiny look on the eyelids. And until I found this, I had little to No success replicating the absolutely gorgeous shine this primer emits. For myself, it has worked with everything. Metallic, Sparkle, Shine, liquid, and even Matte eyeshadow's. it hasn't failed yet, in my case. And most especially important is it doesn't irritate my eyes. My skin super sensitive from head to toe, and I was relieved that this was non-irritating. If anyone asked, I would say it is an investment, for individuals who, like myself, love beauty on a budget. But a little dab goes a long long way. I don't regret having paid the perceptively high price for this

on 3/17/2015 8:49:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

Sin is a intensely shimmery frosty eyeshadow base with a taupe - beige-y tone. It looks good against cool-toned skin but the frosty shimmeryness made my eyelids look like I am 100 years old - I am not 16 but also not as old as this primer made me look like. I tested various MAC shadows with this and, as probably could be expected, it works best with shimmery colours; but mattes don't look very nice on this. However, the shimmer eyeshadow plus shimmer base-concept can result in a bad 80s-over-the-top-look. So I don't know, neither the result with mattes nor with shimmers is all that good.

The positive aspect is that it sets fast and would also make a pretty cream eyeshadow worn on its own to give you an awake look, if you have the right eyelids for this.

I got this primer as a sample; I am glad I did not buy it. On the wear time and lasting power I can't comment as I removed it quite quickly after my eyes started to get red.

on 3/16/2015 8:16:00 AM

This has to be my favorite primer from UD. It holds my eyeshadows really well and if I am in a hurry I just wear this on its own with a touch of bronzer in my socket for definition. It homogenizes well the color on my lids and adds a subtle touch of sparkle that is simply gorgeous. The product lasts forever, a small dab of this and I`m good to go for the whole day.

on 2/22/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

Great product! I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 only because it is a highly pigmented silvery taupe and dramatically changes your shadow color. I can only use this with neutral or plum based shadows. Definitely is not a primer you can use everyday with all your shadows.

I apply with a small brush and you have to work quickly because it dries fast and then there is no budging it!! Never creases or fades but washes off easily with warm water.

I've used nearly an entire squeeze tube of it and will buy this again!! It is perfect as a stand alone shadow with mascara. The tube is sanitary and easy.

My skin is extremely ridiculously scaley dry and I apply heavy moisturizer then my BB Cream over my eyelids then this primer. It's never flakey or dry on me.

Excellent product, worth the money!!

on 2/3/2015 4:19:00 PM

I love UD products and I wanted to love this primer/shadow but it doesn't work on me at all. I've got hooded eyelids that are very dry. No matter how I apply it, this product highlights the wrinkles and dry patches. The metallic color also transfers around my eye area by mid day... the opposite of what I expected to happen.

This probably would have worked great on me in my 20s and 30s when I had smooth and not-dry eyelids.

It *is* great for grabbing shadow and liner and keeping it in place.

on 1/17/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have fallen in love with this primer. I had two samples of this and will buy the full tube. The shade in my opinion is like a rose gold, and works best with shadows with gold undertones. My eye shadow looks pretty fresh all day and true for at least 8 hours. I also like wearing it alone. I went to the pool today and just wore this as a shadow and it stayed on with no problems. I'm a huge fan of anything that will get my makeup to stay longer, so this is right up my alley.

on 1/9/2015 5:59:00 PM

I love the original primer potion and Eden, but I tried numerous times to make this work. I don't have oily eyelids, but after eight hours of work this made my shadow crease and look super oily. On top of that I was not entirely impressed with the color. Sin is one of my favorite UD shade, but this just looked glittery with no real color payoff. Did nothing for my shadows, even sin. Unfortunately, I was displeased and I tend to love most urban decay items.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Looked terrible against my NC20 skin, had a sticky texture, was hard to blend in whether I used my fingers or a brush, didn't improve the colour of my eyeshadows (from Urban Decay also), and was far too shimmery.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a lovely eyeshadow primer that really helps your eyeshadow to stand out and stay. I found very minimal smudging after using this product. Usually my eyeshadow from the lower part of the lid smudges up when I blink, but with this primer, there was minimal smudging.

It also works well alone, giving a light champagne shimmer if you're too lazy to apply eyeshadow. The one thing I don't like about it is how after it dries, if you rub it, it becomes patchy and it's visible because this doesn't dry invisibly. So I would recommend applying it really quickly, especially to your lower lashline, otherwise it may patch up in the outer corners of your eyes.

The packaging for their new primer potions is definitely way better than the old bottle form, it allows you to get the product all out and not waste any of it. The downside is that because it's in a squeeze tube, it's like facing the same struggle you have with toothpaste tubes...towards the end, it's really hard to squeeze it out. I would recommend cutting off the bottom of the tube when you're left with the very last bit of product.

It is a bit pricey (as are all UD products), but I think it's worth your money! It's a holy grail for so many people, along with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

Video Reviews & Tutorials