Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a good product… just not for me. I use Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in a color Dark Chocolate; it's deep to tan. I don't know how I feel about it since I can't use it for its intended purpose—as a matte bronzer. I have oily skin & was excited to find a bronzer that's matte instead of containing their usual shimmer & glitter. If you have my skin type, y0u know that sparkles can make you look dirty & muddy since the oils are already there. Though this is the darkest shade, it's not dark enough for me to tan. I'll have to use $30 bronzer as an allover face powder. I know I'd be able to do more with this if it was a shade or two darker!

I wear this both alone (on my bare face) & over foundation makeup. I apply it with a kabuki brush as I would any other pressed powder. The finish is smooth & really pretty; actually covers & evens out the red that's in my face. For it to neutralize redness & be as lightweight as it is really impressed me. It's amazing chocolatey smell comes from the real cocoa powder in its formula. As much as I enjoy this as a finishing powder, I personally won't go out of my way to purchase another simply because it's $30 & I can't use it to bronze/contour. For those who can work with the shades, however, I do recommend this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite bronzer of all time, suits me and my skin perfect, defiantly recommend.

on 8/28/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This bronzer is great for warm medium tones! It's pigmented but not too pigmented. The color looks very natural, it doesn't look orange or muddy. Its very blendable as well. The texture was that of a typical powder but it was not chalky in anyway. It did not break me out. I didn't particularly care for the smell of the product, it was overpowering to me, too much cocoa.

on 8/24/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is a nice and matte color that I can build to have it show up on my tan skin. However the new Dark Chocolate Soleil came out, and after trying that I found that it suits me a lot better. Maybe those who are a bit darker could try the Dark Chocolate Soleil and see their reactions too!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this bronzer. It blends well, it isn't too dark, and it smells like chocolate!

on 8/13/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I mean, this product is awesome. The formula is great, it glides on my skin so smooth and blends so easily. The chocolate smell just puts it a cut above and adds that touch of luxury that makes me so happy to use this bronzer everyday!
I would say I have light-medium skin, and this is the perfect color for me. At first I was afraid it would be too dark, but it's very build-able so you can start with a light hand and add more color as you go. Applying the Chocolate Soleil is honestly my favorite part of my makeup routine, I look forward to it everyday! I just feel that it enhances my look so much, and the smell!! Gah, it's wonderful.
It's pretty pricey at $30, but I'd have to say I'm glad I got it, and I would definitely recommend it to those out there thinking of purchasing. I've used it for both contour and general bronzing and it works great for either. Plus, the fact that it's matte is great for my oily skin, as shimmer is just too much for me, especially in the summer months.
Definitely a splurge but it's worth it just for how it makes me feel:)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I cannot believe how pale this product is. Looks like latte milk chocolate to me. The picture on the box as well as the pics online do not match this shade in real life. It smells nice, is buttery, but there is no way I can use this shade.

For reference I am 173 Amber in ultra HD makeup forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a gorgeous bronzer, definitely makes your skin look so nice and bronzed. However when i looked up swatches of this foundation i thought it would have a more neutral or even grey undertone to it but its actually quite warm, but not something i couldnt work with. It blends super easy and i like to apply this with a big fluffy powder brush in my cheek and forehead area and it looks great. I would say it has good lasting power but i don't think i've come across a cheek product with lasts really crappy. Maybe i just have good luck. But i definitely would give this a try. But maybe get the little black book of bronzers if you wanna try all of the too faced bronzers before you buy a big one. You'll save lots of money.

on 7/19/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This goes on VERY patchy on me, I really have to blend like crazy, or it looks spottie.
not worth all the hype IMO, I going to try LM or Laura Geller

on 7/13/2015 8:01:00 AM

Best bronzer ever!! Beautiful for an all over bronze. The texture is amazing, blends well and melts like butter into the skin. I must say it does cling a little to my dry patches, but I'm yet to find a bronzer that doesn't. It smells amazing and the packaging is gorgeous. On my fair skin I can use this for contouring, but for a strong contour I use the dark choc bronzer. Love this

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose