August 27, 2014 | 1786 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has GOT to be one of the hardest matte shades to find locally so thank Heavens for online shopping! I tenaciously waited for the mailman to deliver this into my mailbox so the Texas sun wouldn't melt it, cause it to spontaneously combust, turn to ashes and whathaveyou. My favorite lipstick bullets are the ones that are still intact and in pristine shape.

The manila package was ripped into, and as I burrowed my hand in to grab the tube of lipstick, I was shocked to see a dark lipstick. Mauve It Over physically doesn't look like what it does on camera. We're talking a dark, honey-black shade in the tube that a punker would've worn in the 90s -- or one of the many shades of brownbrownbrown that Hollywood was obsessed with back then. There's also a slight glitter to mine (isn't this matte?!). It got me skittish.

Anyhow, upon application it came out the wonderful peachy-nude/pink brown shade that so many women have fallen head over heels over. This'll definitely be a regular in my beauty arsenal (perhaps a daily lippie?!). But what's weird is just that my bullet is 3-4 shades darker than what comes on, and it's just your run-of-the-mill matte lipstick (you usually expect that effect from a gloss).

In person, in stores, I probably would've never reached for this. But I'm so glad beauty bloggers posted their rave reviews and swatches for choosy customers like me to make up their minds!

Mauve It Over is easily a noteworthy MLBB shade, as well as a trendy 60s mod color with some peachy rouge (which is what I've been pairing together)!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by bubblepowerflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I seriously believe this is a lipstick everyone can wear. I don't know anybody that couldnt pull this off. All skin colors and ages should have this lippy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Artyui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Nice matte lipstick i ve ever use, very smooth and moisture my lips, yet stay matte looked although you could see a bit shiny from near. Nice shade on me, perfect with my olive skin tone. If you want to stay matte but still moisturize your lips i think this product will work on your lips also on your pocket since the price is standard for a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by cristinas16

I looove this product! I bought it a while ago.. it's the perfect natural lip color, it doesnt wash you out so... overall a really great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mushimeow

Love this colour! An everyday wear. It's a dupe for MAC kinda sexy. Must have to the collection 💄

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by jinxybells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an MLBB which wouldn't cost me too much money, so when I was running around the Internet, I saw pictures of people wearing Mauve It Over and it looked so perfect! And it is! It's the perfect MLBB for me. I would tell you my MAC skintone, but I've never been matched, so I'll just say that I have Asian skin with rather yellow undertones, and am not very fair.

It glides on very well and doesn't highlight any dryness on your lips. Lasts several hours but will come off if you swipe your lips with a tissue paper. Even then, it still leaves a soft stain. I would say it's a coral-pink nude that's just great for every day use. Doesn't stand out too much, but is very flattering. Another bonus is you don't have to worry about it slipping all over your lips, and it isn't drying either!

Have I mentioned it's very inexpensive? I bought it here for about 5 Euro on sale, regular price should be around 7+ Euro.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by tjh246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nude lipsticks make me look pale because of my Asian skin tone, but the darker colour of this one gives a really classy nude look that doesn't make me look sick. It goes on creamy and smooth but sets matte without drying out my lips too much. Every time I wear it I find something else I like about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ikraa94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lipstick! HG! this is my go-to lipstick no matter what makeup im wearing that day. Will repurchase, I'm a MAC nc40 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by nandavinesya

I really love with the color of this Mauve It Over. If you want to look natural but don't want to look pale, you can certainly use this color. It has a natural soft coral pinkish. It's just look like your natural lip color.

However, if you use this color and you take a picture maybe the color looks a little pale in the camera. But this one is really recommended for daily use and natural look!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by salzhu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I read all the positive reviews on this product and colour so when i saw it on sale i decided to snap it up.

First of all I do like this product, but it kind of disappointed me in a way. It was smooth and easy to apply onto the lips, but for some reason it accentuated and detailed all the fine lines on my lips that wouldnt be seen if i did not wear this lipstick. I would not dare to wear it out by itself due to that, so i feel it would be necessary to wear a lip gloss on top of it. I tried wearing a lipbalm underneath the lipstick too, but it just caused the lipstick to build up around my lips. Not good.

As for the colour, i think it looks alright on my medium/yellow skin (im asian) but it kind of washes me out. It makes me look like theres no colour on my face, so i also feel the need to put a little bit of blush on too.

Overall, this lipstick is a little bit of a hassle for me but i can understand why it received so many glowing reviews from other people. The product is alright and the colour is nice, just not as nice on me as it is on other people. So based on that, i would not be repurchasing this again.