July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - Lip Enhancing Gloss - Illume

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the look of this gloss in the tube. It is a shimmery, pinkish nude. It looks gorgeous and I expected to love it. For me I ended up being disappointed with it a little. I find the glitter very annoying. It is chunkier then I expected and found it was a little heavy on my lips. I am not a fan of the brush on the Smashbox glosses. My brush is falling apart with bits of the applicator hair falling out. The scent of the gloss itself is nice and reminds me a little of vanilla which I enjoy. So this is a product I have some likes and dislikes about.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty nude colour. Not overbearing. Leaves a nice subtle not too sticky sheen on my lips. Lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

I got this in a "try it" kit from Ulta b/c I've never tried Smashbox before. I didn't care for most of the products in that kit but I did like this. It looks shimmery in the tube but goes on more subdued. Just a good basic nude color. I have other glosses I prefer over this one but I keep it in my purse to reach for when I've forgotten to put anything on my lips or if I'm going in a store after work, etc..... I probably wouldn't re-buy just b/c it's not really unique, there's other brands of neutral shades I like better but it is a pretty good lip gloss if your looking to try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I got this in a "Try -it" kit for Christmas so it was hard to determine the price. The smell is very pleasant and a nice nude gloss with glitter.NOT A FAN OF GLITTER IN LIP PRODUCTS!! Because when the lipgloss wears off, the glitter does not. I would totally repurchase if it didn't have glitter in it. Otherwise, no

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I bought this lipgloss a couple years ago on a recommendation from an Ulta employee. It's a beautifully nude lipgloss. It's very sheer with lots of small sparkles. It looks gorgeous over a nude lipstick and is the perfect match for a smokey eye. I would recommend this!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

The colour of this gloss is nice, but it doesn't show up on my lips at all. I tend to wear gloss with chapstick or lip balm since I haven't found a lipstick that works for me (they always gather in the creases and look terrible), and this pretty much looks like a clear gloss with sparkles. I'd say my lips are pretty pigmented though, so that's probably why. The sparkles isn't overwhelming (there's a lot, but they're pretty fine, generally, so they don't look too gaudy), but I can feel them when I rub my lip together. Grittiness is never a good thing in gloss! The scent is pleasant and not too much, but if I wear the gloss on its own, my lips get dry.

Overall, not a bad gloss, but for the high price and the grittiness/dryness, I don't think this is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Illume is a sheer peachy/golden fawn color with gold shimmer. I did not find this too glittery or even too shimmery. Has a light vanilla scent that does not linger. This is my day to day lip gloss that I grab because of how long it stays on my lips and I like the sheer hint of color with some shine and shimmer. Does not dry out my lips. Looks great applied over Revlon lip butter in creme brulee.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nana7788

Had some pimples around my lips...stopped using...it's not the first smashbox gloss I've tried but I've had the same problem. Must be something in it that I'm allergic to?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by XxOmgItsDaraxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This gloss is a great to layer over nude lips. It is a light nude color with shimmers that applies sheerly. It isn't sticky at all, it has a very comfortable feeling. It has a light marshmallow scent that isn't offensive. Oh and the shimmers aren't chunky or glittery, just very subtle. Overall I love this gloss and I never want to run out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by smel84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this gloss for a while. I dont use it very often. The smell is alright and it is packed full of glitter. The gloss is a little gritty but not so much thats its unwearable. It makes your lips a shimmery nudeish color. Not a bad gloss but not one of my must haves.