February 28, 2015 | 1243 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 11:24:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Had this bottle for years. It's great in 'emergencies'. I end up using it when l've ran out of time to do my nails like on the way to weddings, or when l can't find a colour to complement my outfit. One coat looks best on me luckily, and it dries so quickly. I'm NC20 and it's a bit too pink for my yellowy skin, so will try ballet slippers next. It doesn't streak and l've never had to thin it in the last 6 years!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2015 6:43:00 PM More reviews by DatDivaChiQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This polish was one of the first essie's i've ever purchased and I really tried to like it but it really sucks. For one, the polish is super streaky, the brush is skinny so it can make application of the polish quite tricky and it chips like crazy and I don't mean small chips! Huge chucks lifting from the nail bed. Honestly, this polish is overrated please don't waste your money on it there are multiple dupes of this polish readily available at a cheaper price!! sorry but this polish looks so classy in the bottle but trashy on the nails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2015 9:41:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't had much luck with Essie polishes in the past, but Mademoiselle has beat out my years long devotion to OPI's Bubble Bath! This is my formula for a week's worth of wear that looks like I have some sort of overlay done: Revlon Gel Base Coat + 2 coats of Mademoiselle + Poshe top coat.

PROS:
- Essie's well known, jelly-like, super shiny finish shows beautifully in Mademoiselle, and is what sets it apart from other polishes this color.
- Longer wear time (long side of average) and the finish holds up well
- No yellowing
- I love the bottle
- Easy to find at most drug stores
- It may not be your *perfect/ideal* nude, but you won't go wrong with Mlle.
- Semi self leveling
- Fool-proof

CONS:
- Long dry time…very long. A quick dry top coat only bumps dry time to average.
- Not a fan of the skinny brush, but that's just personal preference
- Super sheer: you really need two coats for any color payoff.
- Price is on the slightly more pricey side for drugstore brands at around $8.50 here in NYC, for 0.47 oz

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not sure why people have such a fascination with Essie brand.

After hearing all the hype, I had to try one. I opted for a shade much like Mademoiselle (in fact, I originally picked this shade up then thought it much too like my Sally Hanson "Sweet Talker", so I put it back and opted for Imported Bubbly, a similar but lighter and more iridescent shade).

This polish is thin, liquidy, streaky, and slow to dry. The brush is tiny and thin, similar to what you'd find in cheaper quality polishes. It took about 3 coats to each opacity. Nice selection of shades (they're mostly pastel) -- but I knew upon seeing it that it had to be thin -- and having to apply so many layers is a definite drawback for me.

With so many better options out there, I can't justify spending $8-$9 on a bottle of thin liquid when I can get better results from Sally Hanson's Complete Salon Manicure line for the same price -- much better brush, and much better quality overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by WoodsCommaElle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the easiest, most natural-looking (yet still polished-looking) nails, this cannot be beat! The sheer, jelly-like formula settles easily on the nail without going streaky and best of all, should you get any chips, they're pretty much invisible. Application is very forgiving, so you can just whip this on and be done with it. This is my go-to polish when I want low-maintenance nails--I have to keep mine painted or else I'll start chewing on them, so I use this for those times when I'm being lazy or when I'm burned out with bolder colors. Everybody should have a bottle in their collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Marihoene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A milky pink-beige. Flows easily onto your nail and makes them look polished(!). :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lscholl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a very sheer, pink color. Essie's Mademoiselle is all occasions appropriate and excellent for doing French mani! This one actually reminds me of Orly's Bare Rose, but in a lighter, less pink shade. The formula is great, very easy to apply and it dries fast. Essie never fails me. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most gorgeous nail polish I have ever owned! A beautiful pink-milky colour that looks natural, but better. 100% recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Such à beautiful milky, natural pink. I love it! Perfect for french manicure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by LoveChanel1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Essie mademoiselle is the best sheer pink in the world. My colleague was wearing this and I absolutely fell in love with it, so I got a bottle myself. I wear two coats of mademoiselle and one coat of Essie Good To Go top coat. For some reason when I wear mademoiselle with a base coat I don't get a clean finish. I think this is a beautiful subtle colour for work and I am considering wearing this for my wedding day as it is just so beautiful. I get compliments on it all the time. Another colour I would recommend by Essie is Allure. Its a more sheer milky white also an amazing bridal colour. Both colours look fabulous with my engagement ring. These are the only two colours I wear since I got engaged. LOL.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No