Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sometimes when I feel like having a polished nail that's nothing too loud or noticeable, I reach for Essie Mademoiselle. You know what they say about "my lips but better" lip products? This is really "my nails but better" nail polish. It's very light and milky in color with the lightest tinge of pink.

I get a lot of compliments when I wear this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely, elegant nude-ish shade indeed; as long as you have the time and patience for five coats. I did expect it to be sheer, but I was shocked at how sheer it really was. One coat, nothing. Two coats, clear. It took me about four in order to look like I actually had nail polish on. Of course, it never became opaque and I didn't expect it to, but with the amount of effort it takes it just won't work for me. I'll keep using but wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I know I must have tried this years ago and hated the way it looked on me. But, since Essie has very inconsistent production, imo, the colors change a lot over the years. It looked so nice and pink, but sheer in the bottle. So, I thought, maybe it's pinker than it used to be. It most certainly is not. On the plus side, it didn't streak at all. But the shade is so gray on me. And, even though the bottle wasn't thick at all and I used the same base and top coats, every single one of my nails has smudge marks. Same manicurist, same time of application, same amount of time to dry. Yuck! If I ever reach for this shade, I hope my pea brain remembers what sh-t this polish is.

Pros:
Non streaky
Buildable
Lasts 5+ days with my oily nail beds
Components my warm skin tone

Cons:
Dry time

I'm probably in the minority on this polish. I do like it...it's long lasting and goes on smoothly and even. BUT it goes on looking like a cloudy clear. But then it dries....clear. I guess I am not sure what the difference between this and a plain ole clear would be?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my HG! The ONLY color I wear on my fingernails! My skin tone is NW20 so I used to think this was too cool a tone for me. My old staple was the warmer, beige-y toned OPI Samoan Sand. But I noticed as the days passed by that my initially perfect manicure turned yellow and old looking. So I tried this one and I haven't looked back. I apply one heavy coat and that provides the perfect look I want. I have acrylic overlays so the wear on this is excellent - two weeks between fills with the occasional addition of an extra top coat (Out The Door) to shine it up a bit. Love!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Is a sheer light pink. I have to add three coats for it to show some pink. Looks very pretty. If you use one or two coats it will look almost clear. Very feminine, sheer, and sophisticated, and classy.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Super sheer. Super glossy. Buildable to a cool off-white pink.Just don't expect it to ever be opaque. Nice as a pink tinted top coat on some nudes, neutrals and sheers. Does not streak at all. Dry time is average. If it chips there's no need to take it all off and start again, just do a quick swipe-over and you're good. Perfect for girls who want a clean look but are frustrated with off-colours and pooling and streaking.
I love essie's translucent polish formula.

For my warm skin though this almost looks like a light milky purple/lavender. I wish essie could make a mademoiselle without any blue in it (have sugar daddy: same problem but worse) because the formula is flawless.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really hated this. I bought it straight from the bottle colour and was so frustrated when I started applying it at home and all that came up was clear. There was no way for me to know this was a "sheer" pink but I wanted a neutral nail so the only way to get any sort of colour out of this was to apply coat after coat which just ended up giving me this weird sickly unnatural pink colour. I find the brush way too skinny and when this peels it looks like dead skin.

Maybe because I have a darker skin tone is why it didn't work for me -- I don't know. But if are anything but a pale snow white skin tone I do not think this would work for you.

Total waste in my book.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Had this bottle for years. It's great in 'emergencies'. I end up using it when l've ran out of time to do my nails like on the way to weddings, or when l can't find a colour to complement my outfit. One coat looks best on me luckily, and it dries so quickly. I'm NC20 and it's a bit too pink for my yellowy skin, so will try ballet slippers next. It doesn't streak and l've never had to thin it in the last 6 years!

Top Rated Essie Products