December 19, 2014 | 1113 users online

Powder - Coty - airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by tanyanajar93

Just recently came across this powder at my local walmart so I picked one up and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. This stuff is amazing. I have oily skin so I'm very skeptical on what I put on my face. This stuff leaves my face oil free for longer than any powder I have used. It is also great for setting concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by valeriana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted to love this. I have to admit, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to makeup. Except for primers, foundation, and the occasional lipstick splurge, I don't like spending too much on makeup. I was excited about this because it's very affordable and has lots of good reviews. Sadly, it's not for me.

CONS
- My skin is not very sensitive but when I put this on, I get a slight stinging and itchy feeling.
- The scent is TOO STRONG. I'm guessing that's what's causing the sting/itchiness. There really shouldn't be that much fragrance in a face product. Isn't it a known fact that most ingredients that are used for fragrance are highly irritating?
- It's not truly transluscent. There's a little bit of a tint to it and it's on the pink side. Since I have yellow undertones, it's a bit off on me.

PROS
+ You get a lot of product for the price.
+ It's actually pretty decent as a finishing/setting powder. The texture is nice and silky, not chalky. The finish is natural with the slightest glow, not too dewy or shimmery and not too matte either. It adds an extra layer of "blur" to cover pores and lines. It helps hold back the oilies longer. Too bad that the cons I've mentioned are dealbreakers for me but if you're not sensitive to fragrance and you have a pink undertone, give this a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mom use to have this laying around. I remember the smell even if I don't remember her totally made up a lot. Anyway-she bought me some for my birthday.. and its great! It absorbs lots of oil...it imparts light/medium coverage on its on..when u use it over foundation-you look flawless!! I love the smell :-) MY ONLY PROBLEM IS THE LIMITED SHADES!!..I used a shade that was a bit too light but I still used it..that's my only gripe--more shades please!!!especially for darker girls like me...I am native American--so while I'm not very dark..Im a bit darker then the colors they are making. I think the darkest they carry is sun tan(??) And it looks kind of peachy.. and I dont like that since I have more of a yellowish undertone... but good work Coty for a great powder!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so exciting to try this after reading good reviews. when i applied it, i loved the smell, the way it went on, the way it felt and made my skin look so flawless over my foundation. but about a half hour later, it sunk into my pores and started to sorta fade away and just my face look so cakey and nasty. i took my makeup off and redid it, thinking maybe my new concealer was the problem. but nope, it was the powder. so disappointed. i wanted to love it so much. it's obvisous it works for a lot of people, but it doesn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I remember my mom wearing this EVERY DAY, and despite some of the reviews I've read on mua, I really enjoy the scent. It is pure nostalgia every time I get a whiff of Coty Airspun. On to the product: I really love how it actually gives me very light coverage, and it neutralizes my redness around my nose and my purplish acne scars. It keeps oil from melting my makeup off, as well as setting my foundation and giving my face a pretty, flawless finish. I don't use too much so as not to appear 100% "done up" but I find a little goes a long way. I don't use this every day....sometimes I use Almay pressed powder, sometimes bareMinerals Mineral Veil, and the reason for that is Coty Airspun is not very lightweight and some days I don't like the feeling of full on makeup on my face. But for times when I get dressed up and want to look extra pretty, I reach for Coty and I'm glad to have it in my arsenal. It's also a very silky texture... I love the consistency. The formula is so soft, and the scent is soft and so distinct to me. And it lasts F O R E V E R!!! So look at the repurchase rate on makeupalley...90% and climbing. That should speak volumes to you about it's quality & success.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by maryrspin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I decided to give this a try after reading other reviews here on MakeupAlley. The unscented formula was not offered in my local Walgreens so I hesitantly picked up the scented one. I have to say, I think the scent is pleasant and it is not overpowering at all. It's definitely a floral based scent that's very feminine and almost glam-vintage.

I have been using this powder with a brush to set my undereye concealer and it does a great job. As well I use the powder puff to set my foundation primarily in the t-zone area (I actually use the Boots No. 7 Tinted Moisturizer for a light foundation) This gives me a fantastic balance and shine control with a flawless finish and I'll definitely be keeping it in my morning regime.

I really like that they updated the case to plastic. I've had other translucent powders in cardboard and have experienced some mishaps, lol. The plastic feels like it will withstand a lot more handling. And at a cost of $7-$8 bucks it's a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore. I had a great aunt in the 70's who had this on her dresser. I really bought it wanting to display. It was not very expensive. I did before buy a high quality powder brush so this was meant to be. They have changed the packaging it's much better. It's not paper it's plastic.
I am so glad Coty has continued to make this. There are a lot of choices. I endorse this product. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK. I bought this on a whim on a late night Wal-Mart run because I needed a new loose powder.
I'd heard a few good things about this and decided to give it a try.
Wore this for the first time today to set my makeup. Now, I'm not sure if it was this powder alone or the combination of this and the Skindinavia shine-free setting spray, but I have only had to blot my face ONCE today and it wasn't even necessary! For my very, very oily skin, this was impressive to say the least. Normally, the only thing that keeps my oil away is milk of magnesia as a primer.
(EDIT: I applied my makeup around 11:30-noon and I am writing this review at about 8pm. My makeup still looks great.)

The foundation I used this with was Revlon Colorstay Whipped.

You get a ton of product in this little container and it's cute and vintage-y looking. It does have somewhat of a perfumey, "grandma" scent to it that goes away shortly after applied and I didn't find it offensive.
To prevent any mess, I left the sticker over the sifter and just pop off the whole plastic top and leave the powder puff on top as well. If you were going to travel with this it'd probably be best to tape the lid down.

I am very excited to continue using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaGirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using coty airspun since the 70's. I have tried lots of other powders but nothing compared to this. It's the best. I tried the regular translucent over the Loreal mineral powder foundation recently and it looked much better. It gave more coverage and toned down the shine.

I shake the powder onto a big lid dip the puff in, smooth the powder over the puff with my index finger and apply. After it sets it does not look too powdery and really helps to keep foundarions look better and last longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I always walked by this item at drug stores and never thought much of it. It wasn't until I saw it on sale for 75% off at CVS for about $1.50 that I decided to pick it up and give it a try. And boy am I GLAD that I did! This powder is perfect for setting my foundation! It's also great for those days where I don't feel like wearing a full face a makeup so I'll just dab on some concealer and powder my face with this product. It gives a tiny bit of coverage and covers up all my redness. What I love most about this product is that it keeps my face oil-free for the majority of the day (I still have to blot maybe once) and I'm a VERY oily person. I always have a hard time finding a good powder because they just don't control my oil. This powder doesn't make you look powdery and doesn't leave a white cast behind (unless you apply too much, like all powders). This honestly lasted me for a reallyyyy long time. The container contains SO much product and it lasted me for years! The only complaint I have about this and that will probably prevent me from repurchasing this item is the scent. UGH I CAN'T STAND IT!! It smells like old grannies and it seriously makes me want to gag. I wish they would come out with a non-scented version!!