Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 4/16/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was just a so-so powder foundation for me. I didn't like the fragrance, and the colour wasn't a great match either. Didn't like how there is nowhere to store the sponge except on top of the powder. I much preferred MUFE Duo Mat, which was full coverage and better for controlling my oily skin and had a separate compartment for the sponge.

on 4/4/2015 1:34:00 PM

I really do love this powder! It hides pores, evens out skin ton and looks really natural while still providing a medium coverage. I would give this a 5/5 if it didnt have fragrance in it though...while the perfume isnt too bad as it does disappear after a couple mins once makeup is applied, I still find it to be a very unnecessary ingredient and I would just rather not have it in my makeup!

pros
-evens skin tone
-hides pores
-natural finish
-medium coverage
-lasts all day
-doesnt cause dry flakes

cons
-fragrance

I don't think there is a correlation, but I have to say, since I started wearing this, my face acne scars have faded and I can wear less makeup. This is the only thing I've changed in my routine in the last month, so I have to attribute it to this. Weird, I know. On to the actual product, I don't care for this wet- it looks unnatural on me. I either use this as my setting powder or just an all over powder on my lazy days. I have post acne marks and occasional pimples, so if I use concealer then the powder, I'm good to go. At first I hated the smell, but then it really grew on me. Lastly, you get 0.67 ounces for $38! That's a really good deal!

on 3/21/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I legit loved this product. My first time wearing it and it stayed on from 8pm- 2am and as I looked at my face in the mirrior the powder still looked amazing. I have oily skin, and the product stayed on, looked flawless, and I felt like I didn't need to re-touch Very natural look which I feel most comfortable with than a foundation or powder that's too heavy. Overall, I fell in love. Does have a scent to it so if you have an awesome nose and have trouble with strong scents. Then this may be a bother for you. The scent was not as strong for me, but I have allergies so sometimes I'm rarely able to smell anything lol.

on 3/3/2015 4:16:00 PM

I bought this with high hopes after reading the reviews on here. The coverage is ok but the strong rose scent is awful. Don't get me wrong, I like roses. But the scent of this powder is so overpowering, it actually made my eyes water.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This powder was love at first use. To me, the finish is best described as 'luminous matte'. I have a difficult time finding powders that don't make my already dry skin look even drier, but this is just beautifully natural looking. Paired with my Teint Idole foundation, it makes my skin feel and look smooth and fresh with only 1 touch up throughout the day. I think the floral scent could be a little much for some, but I actually adore it! I do wish the little puff thing was in it's own compartment, but over the packaging is very sturdy and classic looking. Certainly a new favorite!

on 1/27/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was very excited about this product, but this product broke me out. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin therefore I am very prone to breakout.
Pro: easy to use
- work best as a setting powder than a powder alone

Cons: Fragrance
- after two hours, it create enlarge pores

The performance of this powder was not that impressive. I did not enjoy it as much as i thought I would have.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ive tried other high end powder like Makeup Forever and Kat von D, but always come back to this one. It doesn't settle into my laugh lines and doesn't make my pores stand out at all. It feels like velvet. If my skin is being difficult i.e. acne, i wear this over a light foundation but when my skin is good this is the only foundation i need. Ive purchased this many many times despite it costing so much. Its so easy to use with such good results that i feel like its very much worth its price. Ive stopped wasting money on other powders because I've finally come to terms that this is really just the best one. :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product about a month ago from Sephora in Matte Neutrale II and I really love it. It has a matte finish once the powder has set. It evens out my skin tone and minimizes my pores (which I definitely need because I have oily skin). This powder has great staying power (though I have yet to test it in hot weather). The only downside I have found is that it irritates my skin if i apply it wet for more coverage. Other than that, it is completely worth the money! It makes my skin look damn near perfect! The powder doesn't sit in the fine lines that are starting to form on my face, instead it seems to make them disappear so that is also a great thing! I didn't use to like to leave the house without foundation and concealer on but now I can do it confidently with just a little of this powder :-D. Will definitely be buying again. I think the price is fair because of how a little goes a long way with this product. The outcome is pretty close to flawless.

on 1/2/2015 2:59:00 AM

Like many others, I've spent thousands on all kinds of makeup products. Interestingly enough, when I first got the dual finish, I didn't think it looked good on me. What I was doing was applying a liquid, crème or mousse type foundation (told you - I've spent a lot of $$ on makeup). I was frustrated because I thought I went a little more upscale and thought still nothing was working!

One day I decided to stop messing around with the foundations and just apply the powder. (Note: the consultants will tell you that it takes a minute for the power to set. They're right.) . What a difference. It covered over a lot of the flaws and gave my skin a much smoother look. The little red areas disappeared.

Because I'm in my 50's I'd decided to explore the skin care moisturizers. I now use a Lancôme (Renergie) moisturizer and Estee Lauder spf 50 sunscreen, the combo of which makes my skin looks even toned, then on top of that the dual finish. Let me tell you - this works. I've been consistently receiving compliments on my skin. Highly recommend.