October 24, 2014 | 985 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Diorissimo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by dianamoon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

"There is no true lily of the valley in this, as LOTV is very poisonous."

I realize this thread is very old, but I had to chime in because of the above, it's so ridiculous.

There never was natural LOTV used in the original formula of Diorissimo because the scent of LOTV is so light and fleeting that it would take every LOTV in the world and then some to create a bottle.

From the Wikipedia entry about Roudnitsa, the creator of Diorissimo:

"His scents for Christian Dior established his reputation as one of the greatest perfumers of the 20th century.[citation needed] The landmark Diorissimo, a fragrance based on the smell of lily of the valley, marked a formidable achievement in the field of perfumery. Unlike rose or jasmine, the smell of lily of the valley cannot be extracted. Roudnitska circumvented the problem by creating a near-perfect reconstruction of the smell of this flower [3]:142."

Like Chanel No. 5, Diorissimo is a combination of synthetic, and natural ingredients. Actually, every perfume is.

Perhaps the modern versions of Diorissimo are different from the originals but not for this reason.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know the story about the reformulation but I can say I like what I received in the mail from Saks today. I was wrong about thinking it smelled like Muget de Bois by Coty this is so much nicer EDT. I went with the smallest 1.7 oz as a risk. I read somewhere that Princess Diana wore this which makes sense. The bottle from the past was different and the box was a pink instead of the white it is now. I said yes to getting it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by MOPIGGY

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

jasmine make this a sexy lily of the valley scent, lavender makes it fresh

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume. My two other favourites are Dior's Forever and Ever and Chloe by Chloe edp. I smell lily of the valley and jasmine. I find it is not very long lasting on my skin, hence I gave it four rather than five. I always feel like a princess wearing it. A very classical, elegant scent that makes you feel more polished

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

I was looking for a LOTV for the spring and where to go but the Dior counter, especially in a country that offers very limited options? To my surprise Diorissimo opened with a strong blast of heavy, sulphuric, green floral that evoked a huge plant with big, fleshy leaves, crushed stems and some sambac gassiness. It was as loud as Michael Kors's Michael on me. Obviously not what I had in my mind when I thought about those cute flowers and graceful Diorissimo. Yet, give it half an hour and I was left with a very pleasant, fleeting smell, both optimistic and demure at the same time. I started thinking of all things "proper", five o c'lock teas with round chinabone cups, A-line skirts decorated with small flowers and little laughters. However, I think Diorissimo goes way beyond this ready-packed image in my mind. I think this is a woman who wears all-natural, organic fabrics, chic leather sandals, perhaps a big hat while taking a stroll along a promenade in a seaside town. I'm giving it a 3.5 because the projection is really low on my skin and it doesn't deliver very reliably.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

If there is one scent which I wish I had not "waited" to try until too late, it is this one. By "too late" I mean after reformulation. Stuck as I was in old thought molds such as "I don't like white florals", "I don't wear Dior fragrances", that's what I got for my idiotic narrow-mindedness. Because, as it turns out, I *love* white florals, and Dior made some amazing fragrances. Notice past tense.
At any rate, I still went ahead and got the diorissimo version available today at Saks. It's not bad. Really. Actually, on its own it reminds me very much of what Jasmine and Cigarettes from ELd'O should have been. It starts off on a thin lilac note, which quickly on my skin morphs into a decent quality jasmine and a cigarette accord, for lack of better term. It's not unpleasant by far. I think the trick is to wear it in cold weather, and apply lightly. The remainder veil on skin is quite luscious and lasts a good part of the day. If only my brain was not continuously longing for that *other* Diorissimo of years past, the entire time I'm wearing this, I would definitely enjoy it more. I miss the freshness of the original, together with its naughty girl civet (both gone from present reformulation). The current Diorissimo is far from bringing forth images of spring, renewal, and the abundant greenness which the original seems to have been so capable of evoking. Appreciated without nostalgia for the original, it may stand alone as a very pleasant fresh edt. Curious to try the pure perfume.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Lilosette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Diorissimo Conjours pure White Easter Lilies Blooming and Curving
Sinuously around a Mauve Colored Bedroom In a Circular mirror Is a Girl
With her Long Blonde Hair Severely Fashioned in to Elegant Bun Applies
Lipstick of Pale Shade of Pink as she step back from the Mirror In her
Cream Strapless Heart shaped Tulle Evening gown Gently grabs a long stemmed
Lily from her White laced Gloves holds it between her hands staring at her bedroom Celling Listening
to the Tune of Edith Piaf Song "Tu Es Partout" On her Vinyl Player Tears Rolling down her cheek as she awaits for her Lover to come back To her.

Despite of the note of Civet Diorissimo Has to be the Most Ladylike of the perfume family she Uses Intrusion then Aggression, she speaks when spoken To
Piguet Bandit Is hard Butch Black Rough and Street Wise Diorissimo is Is Soft Feminine Pink and Naive,
A 50's Housewife in a Bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my mother's fragrance - she loved it and wore it much of the time when I growing up. Back then, it came in a bottle with a "houndstooth" black and white pattern around the bottom and in a similarly patterned outer box. While I love the scent, it has such strong associations with my mom that I've never actually worn it but I can recall the scent as clearly as if she were alive and in the room with me right now. I love lily of the valley and Diorissimo seems to smell of lily of the valley. I'd not seen this scent in years - probably because I was looking for the old "houndstooth" packaging but I think I am finally ready to buy some of this for myself, if only for the memory of my mom that it evokes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess this wonderful masterpiece initiated my love affair with the white floral, not that I knew that way back when. It was quite popular if i remember correctly, in the city, but there was always something uninhibited like a fertility goddess lurking around.
Que a thirty year hiatus for whatever reason, and I go hunting on ebay for the vintage stuff (beware, this one does go off).
I don't know, I cannot see this as sweet and innocent in a namby-pamby way. Have you ever seen the bees going off their brains around an 'innocent' flower? Nectar, honey, a piercing white fragrance, the life force rising. Come spring, its all one can wear for those bud-burst few weeks. Should be immortal, but lost forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by TPan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first ever scent that was given to me by my Dad when I turned 10 in 1966. I love it and always will. It is such a feminine fragrance. My older sis receive Ms Dior but I love Diorissimo!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No