April 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Great. Not as greasy as some lip balms or Vaseline but I dint mind these. Just a bit more expensive than other similar products hence why I wouldn't especially get this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by vivthai

I really wanted a nice berry tint but this on a scale would be the sheerest ever. The smell is strong. It doesn't hydrate. It gives a shine a little color but if you want more do not buy. I would only never buy this again...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

I don't really like this lipbalm. It's too sticky and you end up getting the horrible taste of the lip balm in your mouth... Not nice. It smells quite nice and does come handy if you have chapped lips because it does moisturize them well because the formula is really sticky and wet. I like the fact there are a few flavours and scents. It doesn't really have a colour as it's quite sheer so it isn't that pigmented.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Floralisse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel so sad about this lipbalm, i love everything about it the smell, the structure, the shine except the color.. It's too red :,( it's too much color for me to wear everyday

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Too sweet. Shiny balm. Sheer color. Not sticky but comes off easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by poppycherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when body shop was having a sale, so I got it at a great price (50% off?). Firstly, the smell is amazing! I have it in raspberry, and although some of my friends have told me the smell is too over-powering, I personally love it :) The berry colour does show up slightly on my lips, because I am naturally pale. I also really love how chic the tiny pot looks!

But as much as the pot is cute, I'm not a fan of pot lip balm because I find it pretty unhygienic to use my fingers all the time, I also can't get as much product onto my lips as I would like.

I must admit that the moisturising power of this lip balm isn't quite there, and I use it more for the scent plus tint of colour. I have tried using this as a base for my lip colour and I find the colour still doesn't go on very smoothly. The lip colour also dries out sometimes (which doesn't happen when I use other lip balms).

I am kind of a "lipbalm hopper" so I don't really stick with one brand. Since a lip balm should largely moisturise my lips, born lippy doesn't really do much of that albeit its delectable scent. I also find myself leaving this lip balm lying around for quite a bit, because I can't find much use for it on a daily basis. Hence, I'm unlikely to get it again!

Hope this helps! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

This smells so amazing!!!! I have all 5 flavours, they all smell like gelatin cubes!!! They're fruity and fun In bright, attractive colours, and I loved how on first use they had a moist, jelly like feel - it didn't take a lot of rubbing to wear into the surface which allowed me to build up a lot of product on my finger quickly. However, I didn't find this particularly moisturising, and I found myself going back to my Vaseline for moisture in my lips. It's a pity, but I would definitely buy this again to use as a fruity lip gloss, and the strawberry flavour even provided some colour! Though if you're going to buy this simply for moisture, I would suggest trying something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by bluedestructionx

I like how it moisturizes and gives my lips a glossy look. It's not sticky either so that's a plus for me. The packaging is definitely unhygienic. I got it as a gift but I would not pay $6 (regular price) for it. The Body Shop has a lot of 50% off sales so I'd get it then rather than regular price. I'd buy the product again if the packaging was better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by ChubbyBunny3698

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product isn't the best lip balm I have used, however considering the natural ingredients, anti-animal testing and the delicious smell, I will only gave this a resonable score of 2 lippies. I bought a couple of different flavour version of TBS Born Lippy in Pink Guava, Strawberry and Watermelon. At first from looking at the balm, I thought it would give a slight tint, but it gives more of a glossy/balmy lipgloss finish like most lipbalms. However, for the moisturizing factor, this lip balm does not live to its claim, in fact the lip balm absorb into my lips very quick and doesn't even leave a little bit of moisture on my lip. Worst of all, this product dries out my lips, making it more thristy for more.

Scent:
The scent of the lip balm smells divine, however, if you are expecting a genuine, true scent of the fruit, then I'm sorry.

Packaging:
To be honest, I wish TBS made this lip balms in stick form a bit more earlier, maybe then, I would give a bit more higher rating for this lip balm. It comes in an adorable, plastic tube with a scew lid, each tub holds 10ml of the product. Even though I never even finished at least a quarter of the tube, I think this tube could possibly last me for at least a year or half.

Ingredients:
Ricinus communis (Castor Oil), Lanolin, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Aroma, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydrogenated Castor Oil), Silica, Benzyl Benzoate, Citrullus vulgaris (Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Seed Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Methyl 2-Octynoate, CI 77891, CI 19140, CI 15850

Price: AUS$7.95
Repurchase: I don't think so, sorry even though my nose likes you, but my lips don't.
Happy Shopping, hope you find this helpful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by BananaTree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a few of these as a birthday gift from a friend.
I'm not a fan of the case, because you have to use your fingers and it could gather germs. And the lip balm itself doesn't do much for moisturizing or protecting your lips.

However, it's just a really fun lip balm! It smells and tastes amazing, very fruity, and adds a decent shine to your lips. All the boys in the classes used to start sniffing the air around them when I get this out to reapply during class. Then it became a tradition for them to just pass my lip balm around and smell it, and get lip-balm-high ( This popular lip balm is the Mango Peach, by the way )