October 1, 2014 | 1810 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

I know that ELF has always been a bit hit & miss, but in my recent ELF haul I'd made a promise to try this.

The blush is a beautiful pinky shade that gives your cheeks a lovely pink-ish tint. Perfect for everyday wear. And the bronzer is awesome for bronzing up the face and contouring! I'd say the bronzer shows up matte enough for those things, but the blush has some shimmer to it. The bronzer lasts longer than the blush does, but that's not a big deal.

Overall this product is amazing , the price is great and the quality is great too

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know that ELF has always been a bit hitty-missy, but in my recent ELF haul I'd made a promise to try this.

(I've used PUR's Marble Bronzer for ages)

I just really love this product. For the price it's almost unbelievable - there is no way you can have a decent blush and bronzer, surely?!

These are better than decent, specially for the price. Even though I've been wearing makeup for over 20 years, contouring has never really even crossed my mind. Now I know better ;)

So back to the product. The St. Lucia set is wonderful, with both shades having just the right amount of pigmentation (you don't want that much, truly) and more importantly, nicely long-lasting. Also, ELF tends to be quite shimmery and it doesn't always work - this product doesn't suffer from that either.

The usual neat little black packaging is present and for me it just makes it look far more expensive than it is. The colors are true, so no unpleasant surprises and there's no smell to worry about and there's a not-bad-at-all sized mirror enclosed. In terms of price, ELF comes in at about $11/ounce with NARS being around $110/ounce (!).

The only problem might be skin tones. The colors are definitely quite "warm" and "cool" folk will probably want to try something else; there's no getting away for the gold-ishness.

Other than that? Just buy it - it's cheap enough (seriously) that there's really no reason not to give it a shot :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

I bought this off EBAY for around $8 because I live in Australia and just cant get this unless i buy it on EBAY. But i have noticed KMART is now stocking a very small ELF collection.

Overall im really happy with product. I use it most of the time when i wear make up. The bronzer is awesome and on me looks natural. Its not orange and i think its has enough warmth and cool in it to look good on me. BUt yes i can understand it may not be for everyone. Great pigmentation and goes on well. Does not oxidise on me.

My only disappointment with this is the blush. Not pigmented at all and doesn't really show up on my skin unless i put alot on and then it looks a bit too shimmery. I am just not a fan of shimmery blushes. I can do a kind of sateen finish but just not shimmery. A basic neutral matte pink would have been better.

Packaging is fantastic! have taken this compact travelling plenty of times and no issues. Big mirror is handy and love the hard plastic which is so much better than the rubbery NARS packaging.

I have hit pan on the bronzer and would defo repurchase, Works awesome and is a great price and it is travel friendly!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used Nars Laguna bronzer for 10 years. While I will never be able to completely give up my beloved Nars, this ELF bronzer is probably the best drugstore bronzer I have found (and I have tried Milani, Rimmel and some others) and I am pretty impressed. This bronzer is very pigmented and you have to use a very light hand and blend. The St Lucia bronzer is also darker than the Nars Laguna on my NC30 skin (medium olive) I also found that when I tried to apply in my car mid day- it didn't work (stuck to my t zone and didnt blend) but when I tried it in the morning with a fresh face, I honestly couldn't tell the difference between this and my Nars! Amazing. I didn't care for the blush though, it was a little too light. Overall, this is the best economical bronzer I have found. I will definitely use this on and off with my Nars- maybe wear this for work days and save the Nars for special days!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product. It's only $3 and definitely one of the better ELF products (They can be a total hit or miss) Its a knock off of a NARS product and it truly gets the job done. The bronzer is great for contouring and the Shimmery pink blush is a great highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Tuffy7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The blush isn't pigmented enough. The bronzer is fine -- it has a very warm tone and not much shimmer. The most exciting thing about this is really the compact, which feels expensive and has a great mirror.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I like the shades in this duo compacts but they all look orangy on my skin, blush and bronzer.
I am not a fan of the shimmer in them either.
If the shades looked more like what they are swatched and were not as glittery I would probably try again but for now I will sterr clear of this. I do purchase them for my sister for the blush shades as she is lighter skin toned and they work ok for her. She is also younger so I think the glitter looks cute on her.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by thatbarrelracer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing. And for three dollars, you can't afford to NOT use it. Go to walmart, or whatever your local drugstore is called, or heck, even www.eyeslipsface.com and go buy this. I have three different bronzers, and three different highlighters and my absolute favorites are from e.l.f. Go buy this. you won't regret it.

At first, it looks wayyyyy shimmery. It's not. The blush is. But the bronzer isn't I think it adds a little bit of radiance but not much to really notice. I feel like it brightens my whole look. This product is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

St.Lucia duo is fabulous and dirt cheap. Blush is shimmery, bronzer is not. Good amount of pigmentation. Need one touch up on average whenever I reach for it. Not bad at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by helpmenotwastemoneythanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this product so much and use both the blush and bronzer every single day! So affordable, and cruelty free is always a plus for me. Home run for E.L.F on this one!