L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 2/26/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I'm the type of person who likes to try every mascara, but I always end up ditching the new one and coming back to this one. It makes my lashes super long, thick, and dark with not much effort. And it's a bonus that it isn't TOO expensive. I normally get it when it's on sale at Shoppers. Definitely recommend!

on 1/19/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Man, this really had the potential to be my HG mascara - I loved the volume and length it gave my lashes and the wand really suited me.

However, I noticed that every time I would wear this mascara, the next day I would wake up with a STYE!!! I thought maybe I had just gotten a bad batch, so I threw it away and repurchased a new one...well, the same exact thing happened again...woke up with a stye the day after using it. Apparently I never learned my lesson, because I ended up repurchasing it for a third time, and sadly it happened again. I just think the formula really irritates my eyes.

I was so bummed :/

on 1/15/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really love this mascara! I haven't found too many that make my seemly thin and short lashes thick and full! It can be clumpy at times so make sure not to pack too much on. I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

on 1/13/2015 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara!! I have never fallen in love with a mascara before and when I first put this on I instantly knew I was hooked! My lashes are medium length really, very long or very short either. I had always thought that my issue was to find a lengthening mascara but now I know I needed volume! It's very black and has a more wet formula, but not enough to weigh down the lashes. It definitely volumizes and it lengthens as well to create BEAUTIFUL a full lashes from root to tip. Definitely repurchasing!!

on 1/4/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love this product. I purchased this after seeing a review by Shaanxo on YouTube, and I gotta say I don't regret it. The packaging is simple and cute, the formula is lightweight so you can apply more layers without feeling like your lashes are weighing you down, and I find that it doesn't clump or smudge during the day. It adds volume to my already long lashes, which is exactly what I was looking for in a mascara. I use this on my top lashes only and on my bottom lashes I use a mascara with a more precise wand that elongates them. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a cheaper mascara that adds volume and length.

on 12/20/2014 10:03:00 AM

This is by far the best mascara I have ever used. I have been using it for almost 3 years and I will not try any other mascara. Be careful when you apply it because the brush is so thick so it may clump. I just wipe off the excess off the brush on the top of the tube and it works perfectly. I would defiantly recommend it!

on 12/18/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It was just ok nothing special

on 12/12/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love l'oreal mascara usually but not a fan of this. Have bought this twice and still not liking it. I find it clumpy and it flakes really easily. I'm gonna go back to voluminous!

on 12/5/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolute HG mascara!!! Gives m length,volume, and an overall false lash look.

on 8/23/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I swear by L'Oreal and Maybelline mascara's and would grab for anything by ether brand over expensive dept store high end mascara's any day. As I have said a gazillion times in my numerous other mascara reviews, I change out my mascara abt every 4-5 weeks and it is rare that I purchase the same mascara twice. This one though will always be in rotation for me - it's just that good.

First and foremost his is a volumizing mascara. If you are looking for volume and thickness, this is the very best I have ever tried. This will add some length but not to the extent of others out there which specialize in that specific task (I use Latesse so my lashes are already crazy long so I am more concerned with thickness). I get absolutely no clumping or "spider leg" eyes with this formula at all, which is a very rare find. And thank the lord it doesn't clump up because one thing I have found re this formula is that you cannot brush it through once dry to separate lashes. But again, there is no need to. You can layer and layer and it still looks great. I use this for daytime wear because it makes the eyes and lashes "pop" but is not too over the top.

I am always quick to say that 99.9% of the time a mascara is more about its wand than formula, but here it's a combination of both. I have tried applying this with other wands and while always impressive, it isn't as defined and separating as it is when using the original brush. There is just something about this big ole fatty brush and this voluminous collagen formulation that works well together. I was first introduced to this product by a makeup artist pal who swears by it for volume and after using it, it's a no-brainer as to why she recommended it.