September 23, 2014 | 1833 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Thompsle29

I like this product. It isn't perfect but for the money it is a good product. I have dry skin so it lasted hours on me but at the end of the day my cat eye was missing its tail. If you have oily skin it may act differently. Pigmentation is ok , it may require 2 coats to appear intense, but one looks nice for day time. Wasn't too wet or too dry and the felt tip was small and enabled you to be precise. As for the waterproof claim, it is ok after it sets for a minute but I'm sure there is better waterproof liners out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by dannydiaz20

Totally dried out already when I purchased it. Love a lot of other elf products.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Autumnoutboy

I bought this since it was incredibly cheap and I adore E.L.F. The first applications looked great but IT IS NOT WATERPROOF. It actually rubs off within a few hours. It has no staying power at all. After 10 uses the pen had completely dried up and I ended up having to throw it out. Not impressed, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Waterproof? Definitely not! I have very watery eyes and this rubbed off before I even left the house! Would not recommend this for those that are truly looking for something waterproof/water-resistant! This was just horrible. It also transferred to my lower lash line and smudged underneath my eyes… This is just a horrible product. Not that I am surprised, I have had several issues with their other eyeliners. It is a cheaper brand… so I guess you get what you pay for!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Lorax99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For $1 its not so bad. However its a piece of crap. It dried out after using it literally three times. For a backup its fine to have in your car for after you do your walk of shame. But its not something I would count on to use daily.
Seriously, it lasted maybe three applications. Stupid! Better off buying a $1 cheese burger. Would get more use out of that.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sandnigga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be blatant, this eyeliner hella sucks. At first I actually kind of liked it, but then I noticed that it 1) isn't waterproof and 2) fades A LOT after just a few hours. The tip is felt and after about 2-3 weeks of using it, the tip began wearing out so I can't necessarily draw wings with it or use it when I need a precision. It has a dry consistency and pulled at my eyelid whenever I used it, and sometimes the pen would start drying out in the midst of applying my eyeliner. Like uhhh excuse me I still need to finish my other eye. It was only $2 so I'm not bawling my eyes out over this, but it was still an annoying experience.

This might be an alright product for someone who wants to experiment a little. I guess you could fight the fading by applying another liner on top (which seems counterproductive to me) or applying a black eyeshadow over it, but I prefer my eyeliner to not need me to take extra measures so that it stays on point lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

We'll put it this way: I thought I had a good product until I bought the Revlon eyeliner pen. I compared them, and was shocked to find that the ELF pen was smaller, had a much wider nib, had a less opaque formula, and felt cheaper. It's not a 'bad' product, per se, but if I had my choice, I would go with Revlon even though it's several dollars more expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible! The colour isn't as black as I'd like it to be and after a few uses it's completely dried out. Furthermore the tip isn't really good for precise lines. It really does feel like a sloppy marker. I much prefer my Japanese brands such as Dollywink or Kiss Me Heroine Liner ($12-15 online but lasts much longer than this one) or even splurge on Stila, at least that lasts longer too.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know these pen types tend to dry out faster than other types of eyeliners, but this one dried out after less than a handful of uses. I made sure to close the cap immediately after each use. Maybe I got a bad batch. It also skipped, tugged, and bothered my eye. The few times I was actual able to use it before it dried out, it was very dark black and it did stay on for a while. I think I paid like a dollar at Target for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by sandeelovesmakeup

Okay so I'm not a big liquid eyeliner girl.. Embarassing to say but i just can't seem to make a straight line with it. :( I heard lots of good things about liquid liners that have a felt tip. So when i was at the department store, i ran into the ELF counter and found this little darling.. It's so cheap so I thought what could possibly go wrong? If it was good then good for me but if it was bad then i didn't really lose too much money right?

So for my thoughts.. The packaging is cute. The price amazing. It's around 200pesos which i think is about $3 or something I guess. When i swatched it at the counter I was so amazed on how easily it glides and how good the color payoff is. The packaging says waterproof but i have to slightly disagree on that. It wasn't. When i went home and washed my hand, the swatch just washed off. Easily. So i was a bit worried when i put it on my eyes the next day. So i lined my eyes, again very impressed with the color and how easy it was to apply. For the first time in like forever, i was able to perfect a cat eye!! I was so proud of myself.. My only worry was the staying power. After the end of the day, it was still there but it did fade a bit on some parts but mostly still okay.

So i rate this 5 on packaging, price but just a 3 on quality. Would have wanted more ataying power but i do really like it and would repurchase once finished unless i find a better one that is.