October 24, 2014 | 1614 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in Coffee. The pigmentation is nice, very pretty color, but it has no staying power. "Waterproof" is definitely false advertising here--it virtually disappeared within an hour of wear (especially on my waterline) and all I was doing was sitting around on the computer at home. I was expecting more endurance from a liquid liner. It was also sort of tricky to apply--I had to apply several coats and even then it looked uneven. At least it didn't cost me an arm and a leg, but to all readers: I wouldn't waste my money on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by CurvesAhead

I bought this three times and they all dried out like within a week and I stored them tip down like you're supposed to. I got black twice and brown once and they all dried up super fast.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Majsenberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dries out within a week. Had it continued as it started, it would have been just okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Thompsle29

I like this product. It isn't perfect but for the money it is a good product. I have dry skin so it lasted hours on me but at the end of the day my cat eye was missing its tail. If you have oily skin it may act differently. Pigmentation is ok , it may require 2 coats to appear intense, but one looks nice for day time. Wasn't too wet or too dry and the felt tip was small and enabled you to be precise. As for the waterproof claim, it is ok after it sets for a minute but I'm sure there is better waterproof liners out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by dannydiaz20

Totally dried out already when I purchased it. Love a lot of other elf products.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Autumnoutboy

I bought this since it was incredibly cheap and I adore E.L.F. The first applications looked great but IT IS NOT WATERPROOF. It actually rubs off within a few hours. It has no staying power at all. After 10 uses the pen had completely dried up and I ended up having to throw it out. Not impressed, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Waterproof? Definitely not! I have very watery eyes and this rubbed off before I even left the house! Would not recommend this for those that are truly looking for something waterproof/water-resistant! This was just horrible. It also transferred to my lower lash line and smudged underneath my eyes… This is just a horrible product. Not that I am surprised, I have had several issues with their other eyeliners. It is a cheaper brand… so I guess you get what you pay for!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Lorax99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For $1 its not so bad. However its a piece of crap. It dried out after using it literally three times. For a backup its fine to have in your car for after you do your walk of shame. But its not something I would count on to use daily.
Seriously, it lasted maybe three applications. Stupid! Better off buying a $1 cheese burger. Would get more use out of that.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sandnigga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be blatant, this eyeliner hella sucks. At first I actually kind of liked it, but then I noticed that it 1) isn't waterproof and 2) fades A LOT after just a few hours. The tip is felt and after about 2-3 weeks of using it, the tip began wearing out so I can't necessarily draw wings with it or use it when I need a precision. It has a dry consistency and pulled at my eyelid whenever I used it, and sometimes the pen would start drying out in the midst of applying my eyeliner. Like uhhh excuse me I still need to finish my other eye. It was only $2 so I'm not bawling my eyes out over this, but it was still an annoying experience.

This might be an alright product for someone who wants to experiment a little. I guess you could fight the fading by applying another liner on top (which seems counterproductive to me) or applying a black eyeshadow over it, but I prefer my eyeliner to not need me to take extra measures so that it stays on point lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

We'll put it this way: I thought I had a good product until I bought the Revlon eyeliner pen. I compared them, and was shocked to find that the ELF pen was smaller, had a much wider nib, had a less opaque formula, and felt cheaper. It's not a 'bad' product, per se, but if I had my choice, I would go with Revlon even though it's several dollars more expensive.