December 19, 2014 | 836 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by amadeus123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is thick asian hair which I have chosen not to 'layer' or thin out (as want to grow out the layers), so after washing, it has the tendency to frizz out and I end up looking like a cocker spaniel! Also I blow dry my hair (don't like the feeling of it drying naturally) and straighten the ends to control my frizz. So I needed something desperately to help tame/calm my hair! Like many users, I bought this product after the many raves in the reviews here. I was definitely not disappointed!

I bought this from hair house warehouse (for those in Australia, I think they are also stocked at Price attack and most hairdressers) for $50. I took a lippie off due to the price, I wish it was a bit cheaper!

But for the price, I feel like the product definitely works. After washing my hair, I wait till my hair is almost dry, but still damp. At first I was a bit stingy with how much I used, but now my routine is 2 pumps to start with around my whole head, 1 pump on my left hand hair tips, and 1 pump on my right hand hair tips. Then, I start blowdrying, and the magic begins. My hair, whole blowdrying feels so SOFT and tangle free which never happens! Once dry, my hair is transformed! It is soft, not frizzy and in a weird way, sleek like those hair models on TV advertisements. It is bizarre that my hair can be like this! It could just be the amount of oil I am using, however I feel like the feeling carries onto the next day.

The smell is delicious by the way, my hair smells very salon-y (in a good way)!

Also, I've tried putting this on my dry hair and don't like it as much as putting it in damp hair, as I find you have to really work it in to get rid of that 'oil' feeling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly brought this purely for the hype. I'm not even sure what it actually did for my hair.
It smelt great, it didn't weigh my hair down but that is pretty much all I can say.
I didn't notice any improvements in my hair. I have finished my bottle of Moroccan Oil and I have since started using baby oil in my hair every morning and have been getting so many people asking me about my hair and getting so many flattering compliments.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Tayla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love my moroccan oil, I can't do without it. I first started using it about a year ago when I saw it in my mother's cupboard and decided to steal a bit and see if it was worth the buy. I have very long, thick, wavy hair that can become very dry at the ends and frizzy if it doesn't get its nightly dose of moroccan oil. Since using it I just don't have these problems anymore and I am constantly asked what products I use on my hair to make it look so healthy and soft. Before moroccan oil I was using something called Oil of Marrakesh, which was a good product but nowhere near as good as this one. I would say give it a go if you suffer from dry hair, it will help it look healthy without the greasy or feel heavy that some oils leave you with. Also, it smells divine, which my partner could also attest to, considering the amount of times I've caught him casually sniffing my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is meh. Nothing special. Overpriced and a bit hyped for what it is. First off, this isn't an "oil"....it's a serum. For those of you whith curly hair wisdom. You know you cannot slather silicones on curls....oil yes...silicones no no. Going along with the hype, even though I knew better. Alas! Yep....and like the silicone laden serum this is, it pulled out every single curl I had and left me with a soft, poofy, frizzy mass atop my head. KeyWord "soft"...I guess. Doesn't moisturize, doesn't even add that much shine? Smells rather nice though. On straightened hair it works as fine as any other serum. Nothing life changing. Ummm, I'm seriously curious to why this stuff is so popular when there are hella better legit "oils" on the market? Bamboozled lately?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

I love this stuff! It makes my hair feel so soft and smooth and it smells amazing! A very tiny bit goes a long way for me so it lasts forever. I only use this on the ends of my hair and it cuts down my blow drying time. I have highlighted somewhat damaged ends and this product is a life saver! I would definitely repurchase again even though it is on the pricier side.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by annetick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely the gold standard of hair oils. I have tried a lot of similar products from high end to low, including Fekkai Glossing Crème, Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil, John Frieda Frizz Ease, and Proclaim Glossing Polish and nothing works like Moroccan Oil. I have shoulder length, thick, highlighted hair and about a dime-sized amount of Moroccan Oil leaves it incredibly soft and smooth. Other products I’ve tried have been ok, but they either don’t smooth enough or they leave my hair oily and greasy. Moroccan Oil is probably one of the priciest options, but it delivers real results, which I think makes it worth it. You can usually find small trial size bottles for a reasonable price, so it doesn’t cost much to try it and see if it works for you, I think you’ll be happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

So after using this for a long time, i've decided to write the review. I have very fine, soft, and straight hair. however, b/c it's really long, it does get tangled a bit after a shower and so sometimes can be hard to comb through. I've kept a small bottle of this in my toiletries bag when I travel (I travel a lot so i keep a travel toiletries bag in my carry-on bag at all times). I always find that whenever I use this, my hair always looks and performs great and is much easier to comb through when wet. Meanwhile at home, I use the loreal oleo serum (the one in the thick yellowish glass bottle) since it looks like it has the same basic silicone ingredients. after about using that for a bit over 6 months, i realized that it simply does not perform as well as whenever i use moroccanoil during travel. It never gave it extra slip so combing through my wet hair was difficult, and it never seem to leave my hair as smooth and sleek. I had stuck with it b/c i was intent on using it all up and b/c i didn't want to spend the money on a full sized bottle for home use. I finally bit the bullet 3 days ago and bought the full sized one and this entire week my hair has looked great. definitely recommend it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and also that the pump worked better (the loreal pump is GREAT b/c you can control how much you pump out).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by leighmegb

Great for my ombré bleached hair. My ends get very dry and tangly, and this oil takes care of that. It also smells incredible! A bit expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Katjushaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first, I apologize for spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. But I'll try my best.

After 9 months use of Moroccan oil, I think that I can give you all my honest opinion.
On the website, I got a 50% discount on the products, so I chose the Moroccan oil.
After the regular price I previously would never have chosen the product. Now I think differently.

For 100 ml of Moroccan oil I paid € 20, which I think is an excellent investment. I think that I will have oil for at least 4 months before it completely consumed it. I have a long bob hairstyle for about 2 years.

Let me start with the smell-it is great. I can not describe the smell, but it's wonderful.
The texture of the oil is smooth, yellow, and not heavy. I only need 2 pumps.
It makes the hair shiny, fragrant and eliminates dryness of the tips soooooo god!!

It will not eliminate split ends. WILL NOT! I do not have split ends because I'm trying to take care of my hair better than I used to.
Apply the oil only to the tip of the hair, not the scalp. Otherwise the hair will be greasy and you will need to re-washed hair. After use my hair is shiny, hydrated, and I believe that truly helps to maintain healthy hair.

I suggest to all who have split ends:

* Trim destroyed hair ends (I think that there is no product that can magically repair split ends).

* Buy hair products with quality (appropriate shampoo, conditioner, hair oil, and appropriate hair brush). Products should be suitable for your hair type!!

* Reduce blow drying your hair.

* Take vitamins, especially biotin, yeast, and the B complex. All this helps your skin and nails too.

I hope that reading was not too difficult, once again I apologize for spelling mistakes. This product is definitely one of my top 2 products, so I advise you to try it at least at the hairdresser and then decide it for yourself.

God bless!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is nothing wrong with this hair treatment oil. It adds moisture and slip, offers heat protection, and protects ends. I've tried a few other silicone-oil hybrid serums, and while I don't really have any major complaints about Moroccan Oil, I will not replace my bottle once I use it up. My biggest complaint is that the oil is quite heavy and does not suit my fine but dense hair as well as a lighter-bodied oil, such as Paul Mitchell's Wild Ginger styling oil. This is not the MO's fault and does not make it a bad product - it's simply not right for me. The serum is quite viscous, almost like warm honey or castor oil, and it always leaves my palms greasy no matter how little I use. I only ever apply this to the ends of my mid-back length hair, damp or dry, as a protection against mechanical damage (brushing, putting up in clips, dragging across my pillow at night), and it does the job just as well as any other silicone-oil serum on the market, and therein lies the "meh" factor for me. I get equally satisfactory results with less greasiness and significantly fewer dollars spent from L'Oreal's drugstore Nutri-Sleek product, which has a much lighter body and a scent I prefer. I bought my MO when it was pretty new to the market and I was very happy with the results, but now that I've found a product that better meets my needs, I don't need to rely on MO anymore. It does look pretty on my shelf, although I would have appreciated a pump top on my glass bottle. I can take or leave the scent, but many/most people seem to love it - I'd describe it as very sweet, milky-nutty, and vaguely "exotic." The scent lasts for hours but stays pretty close to my hair.

FWIW, the closest product I've found to MO in terms of performance is Bumble & bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil, which also has a thicker, heavier texture, and a fragrance that is a dead-ringer for the drydown of Burberry Brit. I imagine they cost about the same.