Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 10/13/2015 9:05:00 PM

Really good! There's a dramatic reduction in oil and blurs my pores. My only issue is the added spf. I'm not sure if it's the spf that creates an obvious white cast but I feel like cosmetic companies should let us choose which spf we want to wear under our makeup. Especially in this day and age where everything is documented in flash photography. Not worth it for me to spend that much on primer that I can't wear for all ocassions.

on 10/4/2015 9:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

'Damn, this is some expensive stuff.' Said everyone who ever bought this primer. Because it is. I would personally rate this a 4.5/5 but you can't do half points, and I'll tell you why in a sec.

After I had been researching into a good primer, I heard a lot of good things about this one. I had never 'believed' in primers before, I tried 2 Mac ones, a Givenchy one, a Marc Jacobs one and none did anything extraordinary for me other than kind of(?) soften up my skin. They didn't really make an appearance difference, and I don't want to pay 50 bucks just to feel a tiny bit softer.

What time primer does, most importantly, is create a flawless makeup look. This, combo'd with the new MUFE Ultra HD? Heaven. It does increase the longevity of my makeup, as well as help the application because your foundation really just glides onto your skin, and settles just nicely. I do believe it helps with pores, or in my case ice pick acne scars quite a bit. It makes them less noticeable which anyone who has deep acne scars on their face would understand why I really am a fan of this. What this primer does NOT do however: does not mattify the skin. Although it increases the longevity of your makeup in other ways, it doesn't mattify substantially enough for me to put this as a pro about this primer. I think it does slightly but nothing significant. This primer doesn't claim to do that, but a lot of people look for that in a primer so I'd like to state that. Honestly it's not so much of a big deal to me because I feel like things that mattify cannot be good for the skin and essentially have to be unhealthy in order to stop your oil glands from releasing oil. But that's just me; most people don't think about that as much.

And of course, the next con is the price. In Canada this baby is $62 I believe for the 1oz and $82 for the 2oz. I got the 1oz right off the bat because I put faith into this primer and luckily I wasn't let down! Also the cute bottle really didn't hurt. For my next repurchase I will most likely buy the 2oz and simply empty it into my 1oz bottle as I use it because I find the 2oz squeeze tube to look a bit ugly, bulky. I spend a lot of money on my makeup collection, I'd like it to look nice at the very least. The 1oz bottle has a cap you can easily unscrew and refill product (or any other primer, for that matter) into. If I ever find a better primer, I would probably still reuse this packaging because I love it so much. Sleek, you can completely control how much product you pump out unlike Mac Prolonger concealer where you are getting 2x the product you would like onto your hand.

4.5/5, half point taken mostly due to it's overly expensive price tag and if you over apply this around your mouth your foundation will sort of slide around a bit in that area over time because or talking, eating. I am not a huge fan that it has spf in it because that can cause flashback I have heard, but I haven't personally tested this. I can always put a sunscreen on under my products, so I don't really need it to be inside of my cosmetics.

on 10/1/2015 7:44:00 PM

Good primer. It feels so light. It is on the expensive side but a little goes a long way. I like that it has SPF. So you can feel glamorous and it protects you.

Pros- Light, comfortable, SPF 15, a little goes a long way, not sticky or oily.
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

Cons- A little expensive, not good for photo shoots because of the SPF.

Try the travel size first to see how it goes because it is too expensive to try it and not like it.

on 9/25/2015 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This felt like silk rubbing it on my face, but other than that, it didn't do anything 'amazing' or better than any other primer I've used. Not sure what all the hype is about on this. I was disappointed.

on 9/18/2015 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Can I give a negative rating? Had a deluxe sample from Sephora. AWFUL! HORRIBLE!! Had to take off my foundation and start again. Made my foundation like sludge; would not blend.. hell, it wouldn't even MOVE. Settled into my pores abd gave that familiar polka dot look. Going back to my $6 ELF Poreless Primer.

on 9/12/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was skeptical about this primer, i took the plunge and payed $76 for a 30ml bottle!! I was thinking, if this isn't for real ill be pissed lol.
Well i'm loving it so far. I end up with such minimal shine around the 7 hour mark. That's with my Revlon colorstay foundation. I will try it with my Mac next but so far so good cause i have NEVER stayed shine free that long.

Provides a nice smooth canvas to apply makeup but I'm oily and greasy only a few hours later. I do better not using this but applying their fixing spray after I've applied my foundation. That stuff is awesome!

on 9/4/2015 9:55:00 AM

This product broke me out and I didn't like the texture of it. The good aspect is that the white cast makes skin look more calm so it makes the foundation look better in that aspect. It didn't make my makeup last longer though.

on 9/3/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Have aging oily roseacea skin. Tried many primers with not a lot of success. I bought the small size of this to try and it is really good. Have used with ELDWL this summer and my makeup stays on all day. My nose still gets a bit oily, but blotting helps. Will definitely buy the full size when the mini is empty. Have also used with Bb Cream with good results.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Provides the smoothest canvas for your makeup. No sticky or oily residue whatsoever. It allows for my makeup to better adhere onto my skin, providing a flawless finish. I must say it amps up the coverage of my foundation because when I use this primer, I find no need to add concealer. It also helps to keep my oily skin at bay. It's a joke to solely rely on the SPF15 it provides, so I don't take that into consideration. The price hurts my soul but it's absolutely worth it.