Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 4/21/2015 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wish I didn't like this primer because of the price tag, but I really do. I have oily skin with a pretty even texture, I just needed something to improve the longevity of my makeup and this stuff works! I only need 1 pump for the entire face, and it really does provide a smooth canvas for your foundation. My makeup still looks fresh at the end of a 9 hour day at work. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because a 50$ primer isn't exactly within my budget to spend on regularly. If you have the money to do so, then by all means- try this!

on 4/20/2015 11:11:00 PM

Great product. This primer does a good job of smoothing out the skin and keeping the foundation on. I used it everyday on my vacation in Asia where I was sweating a lot. My foundation stayed on fine. I can immediately feel the texture of your skin change as soon as I apply it.

This product is definitely a good investment in your makeup regimen.

on 4/18/2015 9:39:00 PM

this is so sad to write.

i wanted to love this, i got a sample, the consistency was something i havent found a comparison too anywhere else, it went on smooth, made my makeup go on well,HOWEVER

didnt do much to make my makeup all day (12pm-6pm)
and the worst part is is broke me out horriby just as i was finally getting my skin issues under control, i tried it out a second time to give it another chance.. and the same thing happened :'(

on 4/17/2015 4:54:00 PM

This primer seems to be so universally adored, especially for my skintype (oily) that when I didn't like it, I second guessed myself. Maybe I was having a bad day? Maybe I was using it wrong? Maybe it really was controlling the oil, and I just didn't realize it? Or maybe it just isn't for me. My skin is oily, and as I get older, it isn't getting any less oily. I don't find that this does anything for oil control, or my pores, or really anything, for that matter. I'm oily again just as quickly as if I had used nothing.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I tried many primers and this is my favorite for my Oily Skin. It help keep my makeup looking fresh all day long! My foundation use to oxide (turned dark) at the end of the day this is no longer an issue when I use this product. I wish this product came with a better pump for the price tag. When I use the pump even after I shaken up the bottle I get the watery part of the product so instead I open the bottle and pour a small amount of product onto my clean hands. I think the bad reviews of this product is because the pump isn't pumping out 100% of the product so users aren't getting the full advantage of this primer when using the pump. Try this primer if you have combination to oily skin you will be in love!

on 4/9/2015 4:20:00 PM

Excellent primer that seems to take a few years off as well. Makeup lasts all day. Primer goes on smoothly and disappears into skin. Very expensive though.

This is soooooo freaking amazing! I love how it feels on my skin!!! It makes my makeup last all day and without it feeling oily. I have combination skin and holy cow, I love using it with all my foundation. It's so pricey though, I'm hoping during the Christmas time, there will be a value set or discount... Get a sample of it before purchasing it. You won't regret it!!

on 4/6/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Finally found a primer that goes PERFECTLY with Double Wear! I've tried Becca Stay Matte, Laura Mercier, Smash Box, and Lorac primers for my combination skin. I have a really dry lip area but a really oily nose and forehead. The Hourglass primer has a milky texture to it and I like to pat it onto my face so it absorbs better! This is the only primer that controls my oil while keeping my dry eczema flakes happy. It is a bit pricey but I feel like it's worth it if you want to look FLAWLESS. My foundation is still on 8 hours after application and doesn't look patchy and shiny like it usually does with other primers. Not sure how it works with other foundations but if you have Double Wear, you need this primer!

on 4/3/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate primers - so much so that when I got this as a small sample at first in a Space NK Beauty bag I nearly threw it out in disgust - but then thought 'It's Hourglass - I'll give it a go.' Im so glad I did! It is unlike any other primer I have tried. It leaves my skin soft but not massively silicone heavy like many primers nor does it disappear to nothing like others. It makes my make up last longer, look better and feel better. However it is extortionate - hence why it's not getting 5 lipsticks!

on 4/3/2015 7:57:00 AM

I can't comment on the packaging, as I only had a sample of this product; however, I probably won't be repurchasing this. It's a nice product...it feels very silky on my face, kept my foundation on and seemed to mattify well (but I only put this on my cheeks and neck - I have a separate primer for my t-zone). I don't think the benefits of this primer are worth it for the hefty price tag.

Popular Primer/ Correctors