Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

I have purchased the travel size over and over again and only use the tiniest bit because it is soooo expensive! this is definitely a HG product but it is far too expensive and the pump packaging makes it hard to use up all the product. But it terms of the quality of the primer it is it amazing and perfect for oily skin.

on 7/29/2015 8:25:00 AM

This is a decent primer which smoothes the skin nicely to make foundation go on more easily and make it more longlasting. It has a beautiful silky feel to it and didn´t make me break out. In my opinion, this doesn´t live up to its hefty pricetag though. There was no special effect that I wouldn´t have had with many other primers on the market. It didn´t extend the weartime of my foundation any longer than for example Porefessional Primer by Benefit, and it didn´t mattify or dewify my skin in any special or extraordinary way, so I don´t think it really is worth the price. The packaging became very annoying at the end, I had to scrape out product for quite some time with a Qtip because the pump didn´t reach all the leftover primer in the tube. If that wouldn´t have been the case I would have given it three lippies.

on 7/28/2015 8:22:00 PM

I appreciate the aesthetic of the packaging and the smooth texture. I have combination skin and this does a good job of keeping the makeup on my face. I have used this with various foundations ranging from mid level to high end with the same issues every time. The first issue is that it emphasizes dry patches and then add foundation to that and you've really got emphasis. The second issue is that fine lines in drier areas become quite obvious and "crackly" looking. It feels luxurious with a price tag to match but the overall effect as a primer is just not so.

on 7/28/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I put it at first it did make my skin feel smooth. A few moments later while waiting for it to sink, my skin feels like its back to normal. This did not work for me. It doesnt control oil and doesnt make my makeup last all day. Plus it's very expensive.. I still haven't found the best primer for oily skin.

on 7/17/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hmm not sure why there are bad reviews. I have bought this twice now-full size. Packaging is great and elegant. Now the product is liquidy and white. When I put this one my face (I have normal skin but sometimes in the summer it can be more oily in some areas and shiny) it diminishes the oil and makes my face normal looking again-NOT MATTE. Second when I used to wear foundation, this alongside my makeupforever setting spray would make my foundation last a pretty good amount of time (no foundation ever really lasts and looks good after 8 hours though). Now that I do not wear foundation I just put this on after my lotion and my blush and highlighter and set it with my setting spray and my blush and highlighter stays on from the am till really late at night. I love this product because I usually hate all primers and their either drying( benefits pore less primer is so drying) or silicone consistency. But it's expensive but good for your skin since hourglass is a good brand

on 6/27/2015 3:14:00 PM

This primer does absolutely nothing...nada. I used it under Dior Star foundation and the makeup sunk into every pore on my face, ugh! It also made the foundation look very cakey and obvious. I can't understand why anyone would give this stuff a good review. Unless you have a truly poreless complexion, this primer serves absolutely no purpose. It's going back to Sephora, where hopefully, I can find something that will actually fill in the pores around my nose and on my cheeks. For now, I'm going back to my favorite Lorac Porefection primer, which truly does do what it promises. For a drugstore product, Maybelline Baby Skin primer is really good, almost as good as Lorac and for a much cheaper price. Both of these products are superior in every way to Hourglass. Wow, I thought I'd found an HG product in this Mineral Veil primer. Too bad it was an EPIC FAIL!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I’ve tried out the small, travel sized pump available from Sephora: 0.33 oz for $18. Active ingredients: zinc and titanium dioxide. The price, in combination with the white-ish look it can give has me searching for other primers, while happily using this one up.

Performance-wise, I’m happy with this stuff. Like most, really good primers, I can wear it alone, without foundation, and it helps create a soft-focus look while still letting my natural skin look real, but slightly too good to be true. I can’t attest to other reviewer’s experiences, but I did find that this help control oil…not in the extreme, but enough that it’s satisfactory for my slightly oily skin during a high-stress, eight hour work day.

Application: This stuff feels like silk going on the face, literally. It’s seems slippery and powdery all at once. This was a confusing thing for me at first, but I’ve grown accustomed to it and even sort of like it. Of the small, travel sized bottle, I use about one and a half pumps for my entire face. Be careful to work this in well, otherwise, it can leave white streaks or a white cast to the face. I found that on dry patches (nose, from allergies), it’s quite difficult to work in well enough.

Packaging: The small, travel sized pump bottle I received is made of a frosted glass: pretty, but not airline approved. The cap, pump and print are all done in black, and the overall feel of it is heavy and minimalist.

on 6/16/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

makes my skin look really smooth which helps with foundation application but does nothing for oil control, I feel like it actually makes me even oilier-there a cheaper and better primers out there

on 6/1/2015 11:05:00 PM

I do notice that my foundation goes on reaaallly smooth. a little goes a long way!
but definitely not good for oily skin as it has no oil control whatsoever :(

on 5/28/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to love this so much but it gave me a raging case of dermatitis. The texture is lovely and it sat well over my moisturizer but the second time I used it my whole face was covered in welts. You may want to steer clear if you've got reactive skin. It didn't bother me in a patch test but I guess after wearing it two days in a row (by itself as a test run and over my moisturizer as a mattifyer to run to the store) my skin was just not having it. Never had any troubles with the No. 28 serum, though - must be the "mineral" component.

Popular Primer/ Correctors