July 30, 2014 | 2092 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - Sensai Fluid Finish foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hmm I'm just not to sure about this foundation, it definately does not enter HG status for me - I like it but I don't love it enough to repurchase as I have other foundations that wear better throughout the day. I have been using this on and off over the last 6 months so feel I have given it a good go :)

This foundation goes on very easily and you have plenty of time to work with it, I like to apply this one with a damp BB or RT sponge as I find applying with a brush is too much coverage for my liking. The pump is good and I find 2 pumps max is more than enough to build up to a medium coverage. I like to warm this in the palm of my hand before applying to thin out the liquid a bit too.

I'm an NC15 and have this in FF 102 Soft Ivory (arm swatch above) which has a yellow undertone but I feel is better suited to me when I have a slight summer tan (I don't tan my face but am certainly more pale in winter). In winter this will look too dark on me I feel. Actually I think this starts out ok when first applied but oxidises on me quite quickly.

I do think this would be better suited to someone with Normal to Dry skin, I am Normal/Combination and I find this does get shiny in the T-zone after 2 - 3 hours. I do set with powder which helps and find it is best to let this foundation "dry" down a little before powdering.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by nomadjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Like other reviewers mentioned, this foundation contains mineral oil and caused me to break out. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by valerieetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'll be another one to say: hey, this is awesome! I bought this foundation several days ago, and there are so many good things I want to say about it. I've been having trouble with choosing foundations and powders in general, because they make my skin feel like it's suffocating, or they look cakey, or they become all shiny and yucky in an hour, or they make me break out (but I'll have to admit it, this only happened with cheap foundation I used in my school days). Sensai foundation seems to deal with all those issues, which is a miracle. I don't have many skin imperfections, so I am satisfied with the coverage level, which I would call low/medium, and the formula is so light I don't feel it on my skin at all. Up to this point i have been using Studio Fix by MAC (NW20), which still is one of the best options for me, but Sensai foundation feels much more comfortable. It certainly is a bit pricey, but is a good investment nevertheless :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by s21234

This is my favourite foundation and one of the best I've tried. It has a very natural finish and I feel like I haven't even got any on, cause it's so light and blends into my skin well. I have quite dry skin so I'm always paranoid that the foundation makes my skin look flakey but its not the case with this foundation. The only thing I find a bit annoying is that you can only get it from Selfridges and Harrods in the shops unless you order online (I'm quite impatient). At £35 it's not cheap but it's worth giving a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by siv_anita

Love This! This is the only foundation that actually fits my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by MymyD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, I have used every single foundation out there, and have always been dissapointed.
I bought this one 4 years ago, and just finished my 4th bottle. I LOVEEEE this foundation!
It does cover well, without looking like I wear any foundation. My skin is olive tinted, with a little yellow tone, the 204.5 is just perfect and matches my skintone. The only negative thing is the price, it's pretty expensive but one bottle lasts me a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by despoina76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This one is the only one that you can have a kilo on your face,yet looks naturall,and even on daylight looks like you wear Nothing!
Sensai rocks-i use the darkest shade-Golden Dune-it is Summer right now- and it goes really smoothe on my skin-
Mac C40 i used to wear and during Winter i ussually put on my face Chanel Vitalumiere shade Moca-
oily skin,sometimes pimples.
Sorry for my poor english!Hope that helps.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This one I didn't like a bit, although at first it's easy to apply and the immediate result seems fine, the cons:

Makes dry spots too visible creating circles around certain drier areas of the face (and I don't have dry skin)
Around the eyes the result is to powdery marking the natural fine lines around them too visible.
The durability of this foundation is too poor, after a couple of hours it's all powder transformed and 5 hours after applying I'm shining like a disco ball, curious thing because I can still see my face covered in powder, but shinning too...
Last inconvenient I can remember right now is that this foundation has parabens in it, so, not good for your hormonal health.

Until now the best I've tried is still Double Wear light.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Naturalchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I have dry skin with scaly eczema on the forehead and by the nose and all foundations makes me look worse. The finish is dewy but not wet and the staying power is very good on my skin and I never use powder. I have the shade 202 soft beige which is too pink for my nc20 skintone, but I make it work because the finish is so nice. I just warm my skin up with my Tom Ford terra powder afterwords. The coverage is medium but it's buildable without looking caking and unnatural. The finish is polished but natural. The only downsides of this foundation is that you have to use quite a bit of product and the colour range is very limited, there are too many dark and cool toned colours.

Edit 9/3-2014; The colour selection is not good enough for me, to pink and dark. After trying the Koh Gen Do foundations all other foundation seems unnatural and not as comfortable. So I'm not as impressed by this foundation anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Karrolicious

Let me begin with saying that I'm 17 years old and that this is the first foundation I ever purchased about 1,5 years ago. The bottle has lasted me ever since, even though I haven't used it every single day, simply because I didn't really get hold of the entire foundation-thing when I bought it.
Nowadays I use it every day, and if I have a good skin day, I'll mix it (about 50/50) with my Clarins Daily energizer cream. If I need a little more coverage to cover up any redness than I'll just use the foundation by its own.

I have tried different ways to apply this, and have found that the Real techniques buffing brush works best for me, although I use a stippling motion to apply the foundation.

This foundation does not break me out nor irritates my skin even though it's insanely sensitive and very prone to little irritated bumps. It moiturizes my skin nicely and leaves a very natural and slightly dewy finish. I do have to powder if I want it to last all day, or use a primer underneath. If I need it to last all day (from 7am to 6pm) I'll either use MAC Select sheer (NW15), Rimmel stay matte or the Clarins Beauty flash balm as primer.

The only downside to this foundation is that the shade I'm in, which also is the lightest one available where I live, FF202 Soft Beige, is a little, little bit to dark for me. I'm an NW15 in MAC foundation and powder.
Despite this, I just solve this problem by taking the foundation down my neck, and even if it's a little dark, it blends wonderfully into my skin.

BEST FOUNDATION, by far!