MAC Hot Gossip - Cremesheen

4.3

on 8/23/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this lipstick to replace a beloved discontinued Marcelle one. I thought it would be a natural pink with a hint of mauve on the NC30-35 skintone. It's an icy pink on me. In some lights, it looks okay but in other lighting, it's ghastly. I don't recommend this to anyone who's skin tone is darker that NC30 or NW 25. It's also a bit toooo frosty which makes me wonder why its a cremesheen and not a frost. For a natural pink try Fanfare by MAC. It's the BEST COLOUR EVAAA. Also really like Fig by Bite Beauty.

on 7/6/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This colour to me is a perfect 'my lips but better' shade, it glides lovely onto my lips and lasts a long time. It's slightly sheer I would say so I tend to build up the colour to get a more intense look. It's definitely a natural looking pink on my lips and I just love it, I wear it all the time. Sure there are probably a million other dupes out there but I feel that MAC lipsticks are worth the price and last me ages so I'll definitely be repurchasing!

Had it returned it I think this could be duped it is common and bland nothing to excite about.

on 3/4/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This lipstick is great for everyday wear. I notice people say it's light on their lips, but it's dark on mine! It's like a dark purpley-pink. It's really nice when you want to add a pop of colour to your lips without going overboard. The pic on this page does not do it justice I think, it looks way more pink in the pic than it does in real life.

on 1/21/2014 11:19:00 AM

I have learned to love this lipstick as the time goes by. At the beginning I felt it was too light, almost unnoticeable. But after trying nude lipsticks to wear with a smokey eye, I discovered that nudes are not for me at all, they make me look sallow, so I started trying light pinks instead of nudes. Hot gossip is now my signature lippie for smokey eyes, I don't know why some reviewers find it "bright", to me is a "barely there" color (for reference I have fair skin, dark eyes, dark hair and slightly rosy lips). I will describe this color as a rosy lavander with cool undertones. It gives me a modest amount of color without making me look washed-out.

on 12/13/2013 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hot Gossip is a plummy shade of pink, with a little bit of a silver sheen to it. I only have one other Cremesheen lipstick, and that's because it's not my favorite finish from MAC. When I don't want to fuss with, lip liner and just want something to make my lips look better, this is what I wear. I don't think I'll repurchase it though.

on 10/4/2013 10:04:00 PM

I really love the color, but am not crazy about the finish. It's a perfect neutral pink, not too dark or too light. Great everyday color.

The frost is very subtle, but on my over 40 lips the combination of the slight frost with the fuller coverage texture made my lips look immediately shriveled.

I still use it, but I have to apply a lip balm over it to make it. If only this color didn't have the shimmer, and was creamier formula with more slip.

on 8/29/2013 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick my favourite or one of my favourites by mac!

on 3/10/2013 6:47:00 PM

I am using MAC Hot Gossip almost every day, it's a nice wearable colour. Does not dry my lips, it has a creamy texture (Cremesheen formula) and a vanilla smell.

on 2/8/2013 9:14:00 PM

Love this lipstick! I am fair skinned and am just starting to try more bold colors on my lips. This is a perfect color to transition into more bold looking lips. I find it works best with a lipliner for me because it does tend to feather just a tad, but I can see myself purchasing this one again. Love MAC lipsticks, especially the creamsheens, but the price is a bit too much. I love in Canada, so after tax I am paying $20 and change for one lipstick. Yikes! But when you find one you love, it is worth it.

Popular Lipsticks