September 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Hot Gossip - Cremesheen

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this again? ABSOLUTELY and a hundred times over. This is the most natural pink lipstick I've come across. I always loved cremesheen formula and I have fanfare, modesty, and ravishing as well. It's sheer at first and can be built up for fuller coverage. The color is a natural, light mauve pink with a feint shimmery sheen. Very feint though, you can barely tell but it makes your lips appear plump. The colour will look different on you compared to your skintone and lip pigmentation but for those who have pigmented lips and want the appearance of a natural girly pink pout, this is definitely worth a try. Now I'm planning to try speed dial, another cremesheen, and syrup, a lustre in mauve pink family.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This colour to me is a perfect 'my lips but better' shade, it glides lovely onto my lips and lasts a long time. It's slightly sheer I would say so I tend to build up the colour to get a more intense look. It's definitely a natural looking pink on my lips and I just love it, I wear it all the time. Sure there are probably a million other dupes out there but I feel that MAC lipsticks are worth the price and last me ages so I'll definitely be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

Had it returned it I think this could be duped it is common and bland nothing to excite about.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick is great for everyday wear. I notice people say it's light on their lips, but it's dark on mine! It's like a dark purpley-pink. It's really nice when you want to add a pop of colour to your lips without going overboard. The pic on this page does not do it justice I think, it looks way more pink in the pic than it does in real life.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have learned to love this lipstick as the time goes by. At the beginning I felt it was too light, almost unnoticeable. But after trying nude lipsticks to wear with a smokey eye, I discovered that nudes are not for me at all, they make me look sallow, so I started trying light pinks instead of nudes. Hot gossip is now my signature lippie for smokey eyes, I don't know why some reviewers find it "bright", to me is a "barely there" color (for reference I have fair skin, dark eyes, dark hair and slightly rosy lips). I will describe this color as a rosy lavander with cool undertones. It gives me a modest amount of color without making me look washed-out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hot Gossip is a plummy shade of pink, with a little bit of a silver sheen to it. I only have one other Cremesheen lipstick, and that's because it's not my favorite finish from MAC. When I don't want to fuss with, lip liner and just want something to make my lips look better, this is what I wear. I don't think I'll repurchase it though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by hamelma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love the color, but am not crazy about the finish. It's a perfect neutral pink, not too dark or too light. Great everyday color.

The frost is very subtle, but on my over 40 lips the combination of the slight frost with the fuller coverage texture made my lips look immediately shriveled.

I still use it, but I have to apply a lip balm over it to make it. If only this color didn't have the shimmer, and was creamier formula with more slip.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Maclover26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick my favourite or one of my favourites by mac!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by oliviaboros

I am using MAC Hot Gossip almost every day, it's a nice wearable colour. Does not dry my lips, it has a creamy texture (Cremesheen formula) and a vanilla smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Joliheart26

Love this lipstick! I am fair skinned and am just starting to try more bold colors on my lips. This is a perfect color to transition into more bold looking lips. I find it works best with a lipliner for me because it does tend to feather just a tad, but I can see myself purchasing this one again. Love MAC lipsticks, especially the creamsheens, but the price is a bit too much. I love in Canada, so after tax I am paying $20 and change for one lipstick. Yikes! But when you find one you love, it is worth it.