September 2, 2014 | 1821 users online

Tools - Urban Decay - Grind House (sharpener)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a few cheap sharpeners, but after purchasing a few UD 24/7 pencils and being unsatisfied with the sharpening.. I thought I would try their own version out.
I spent some time in Sephora sharpening all their pencils to see if this one sharpens "better" than the ones I have at home, and it definitely did. All my eyeliner pencils have a nice point on them now!

The cover doesn't fall off easily (spilling all the shavings in your makeup bag ..><), the cardboard packaging is recyclable and the sharpener is pretty compact. I haven't tried out the "large pencil" side, but I'm sure it would work well.

Would repurchase (if I lost it).. recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at Ulta when they did a special for it being $5.

Its a lot better than my old sharpener, and I find it to work really well on any type of pencil eyeliner. So, its not exclusive to only UD liners. It sharpens easily and I enjoy it.

My only thing I have an issue with is that the little cover comes off easily, spilling eyeliner pieces all over my eyeliner drawer. Kinda annoying, but I guess its easy to clean.

Overall, for $10 I'd expect a bit better in the packaging but I still love how it actually works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Good for the pencils from urban decay but doesn't always for other line's pencils

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Did I get a complete dud or do I just not know how to sharpen eyeliner??

For pencil liner I basically use UD exclusively so I thought this would be a great tool to sharpen them with--

This thing is awful.

It had a really crappy grasp and kept losing grip of the pencil. I had to keep repositioning the pencil to sharpen it. The case is opaque so when I go to clean it I find pencil wax ALLOVER the inner metal- meaning a ton of product was wasted. And my pencil didn't even come to a full point.

My sephora house brand sharpener was $2 and is immensely better than this.

So disappointed. I don't know what will be more annoying - holding on to this junky thing or making a special trip out to sephora to return a $10 sharpener. UGH

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best sharpener I've ever tried. Sharpens the UD 24/7 pencils very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mine doesn't have the clear top like the picture, the whole thing is the standard UD purple, with UD Grindhouse written in silver lettering, with the standard two wholes (small and large). I really like this sharpener, I personally think it works better than any other sharpener I've tried. I've used all different brands of eyeliner, pencil lipsticks, and lip liner in it, and it works well for all of them. The purple top stays on really nice, but comes off when you need it to. My favorite part of this sharpener, is the little pick it comes with inside, and the slot that you can keep it in! It's so convenient to have it right there for when you need to clean out the shavings. I think it's worth the money to invest in this sharpener. I'm sure I'll have it for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's true; it works. This sharpener sharpens wooden pencils with almost no effort at all. The plastic pencils are more of a challenge. I don't think I'll ever get a perfect point on my Urban Decay 24/7, but it works if you sharpen SLOWLY. I think that's the key. Note: I was using a dollar sharpener before, and it tried to eat my 24/7. So, $10 seemed pricey for a sharpener, but--really--how many years will pass before I decide I need a new one. I had the dollar cheapo longer than I had my kids, so the Grind House is a good deal. Just buy it; it will only hurt for a second.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an OK product, nothing to brag about. I already had a sharpener but it didn't work for the UD lip super saturated high gloss lip pencils, so I bought this. It does sharpen, of course, but I don't like that there is nowhere to house the shavings in. You essentially have to sharpen over a trash can to get rid of the shavings and that's not always ideal. You can find another sharpener for much less that does the same job (and has room for shavings).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

I liked this product when I first purchased it. It worked great on pencils, there was definately less waste on my makeup pencils. Then I found the essence sharpener! This works the exact same, comes in a variety of cute colors unlike Urban Decay which only do purple. Also there a stick of plastic when you remove the top plastic covering on both brands - the stick on the Urban Decay is loose and keeps falling out everywhere. For the price of 8 euro you would think this would be perfect...get the essence one for 1.29 euro...and get a few back ups :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by katty81690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably the worst sharpener I've ever used. It doesn't provide a smooth edge for the wood/plastic on my makeup products and it eats away at my eyeliner/concealer. I read good things about this but I was extremely disappointed when I used mine and I can't return it. I've used it on more than one occasion. The amount of actual makeup it wastes is ridiculous. I use my ELF sharpener on the pencil and it works way better than UD's! Will not purchase again, and as much as I love the concealer stick by UD, I will have to sacrifice not purchasing THAT again, either, due to the fact that UD's Grindhouse is the only one I've seen with a hole that big.