Clarins Double Fix

4.4

isododecane - polyethylene - disteardimonium hectorite - synthetic wax - vp/eicosene copolymer - propylene carbonate - trimethylsiloxysilicate - parfum - ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

AMAZING - I bought this stuff by accident at the airport. I was shocked when I opened it to find a clear gel like mascara.

But then... I curled my eyelashes as normal. Put on my YSL faux mascara, with a touch of this on top and MY GOODNESS does this stuff work!!! It held them in place all day, and I really mean ALL DAY.

I have trialled and tested this in both the wet, windy London weather, and the sunny New York temperature and I can safely say it withstands all climates!!

I have now actually stopped wearing mascara all together - what I do is curl my eyelashes and dab a bit of this at the root. It holds the curl in place perfectly so I have very natural looking long lashes.

LASTLY, this also holds your eyebrows in place beautifully. I don't personally colour my eyebrows in but I have done my mothers and this worked a dream for her. I will brush through a bit of this to keep my long-haired eyebrows from falling down.

Perfect, perfect, perfect. Sooo happy I found this.

I bought this because i wanted something under my regular mascara to hold the curl after i curl my lashes, as water based mascaras straighten them out.

Well, doesn't help to hold the curl.

Then i tried to use it for what it was meant for...It's not really good.

It has a bad applicator, that makes the lashes stick together, a weird paraffin based formula, that leaves a grey cast.
It says on the packaging that you can use it as an eyebrow gel. Well same problem, very visible on the brows and not holding anything.

I rather go with Clarins truly waterproof Mascara, says what it does and dramatic

I applied this after applying a mascara which was very smudgy (Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara) and it did not solve the smudging problem at all, it just increased the length of time it took for the mascara to smudge.

The formula is easy to apply and does not leave my lashes crunchy feeling or stiff. If you apply this on wet mascara it will take it off and deposit it back into the tube (I am glad the Double Fix tube is opaque) which looks unpleasant. The brush is a good size and does enable you to evenly coat the lashes.

I doubt I would buy this again, I will just stick to waterproof mascara in the future.

Good product. It helps to hold your curl and prevent your mascara from smudging. It doesn't change the color of your mascara. It's a little bit expensive but worth it.

It does its job well (keeps mascara waterproof) but I dislike using it because it makes my lashes stick straight. Everyone else says that this helps their lashes to hold a curl, but I find that it the complete opposite happens for me (I've got stick-straight Asian eyelashes that I curl before I apply mascara). The brush is also designed in a way that clumps all my lashes together and undoes all the work I put into fanning out my lashes when I apply my mascara, even if I remove the excess product on the wand beforehand. The packaging is minimalist and lovely, but the price point is higher than I'm comfortable with, especially since more and more drugstore brands are coming out with similar waterproofing top-coats. Unless I can find some way to make this work, I will not repurchase this again.

last time i used to skip mascara because i really hate smudging. my lashes are of moderate length but they are quite sparse.

now, i curl my lashes, followed by thin layer of mascara and then clarins double fix. it helps to hold the curl and the mascara in place. it doesn't clump the lashes together even if you accidentally apply too much. smudging is very minimal.

after trying this, I will never go with my mascara alone anymore.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I do have to say that this product works ....but that being said I discovered after purchasing that Clarins tests on animals. I was mad at myself for not checking first. There are other options that are cruelty free such as Bare Minerals Locked and Coated. It is shameful, archaic and de-evolved to still use these practices. But if you feel good about someone torturing an innocent creature so that your mascara doesn't run then go for it. Otherwise look to the plethora of other companies out there that do not use these archaic practices.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is truly amazing!! I wish I had discovered it earlier.
I am a mascara addict and will buy new mascaras that are well rated. But I am often limited by wearing new ones because of smudging. This product stops ANY mascara from smudging! I used to think the slight shadowing on my under eye was from the eyeliner or eyeshadow I was wearing. Now that I know it's from my mascara and it is no longer an issue, I look much less tired without the smudges.
I love this product!!!

This is such a fantastic product! Now, I can use whatever mascara I want and the curl stays! I have stick straight thin lashes, and only waterproof mascaras have worked for me in the past. Even so, I'd still get smudging. With this product, it's perfect and I can FINALLY use all the mini mascaras I get with all those gift with purchases. Oh, and I've found that it works whether you put the double fix on before or after you've applied your mascara. I was told by the SA that I had to use it to "fix" my mascara after it was applied. But because of my non-curl holding lashes, I used double fix first (to hold the curl), followed by the regular mascara, and then a final seal of the double fix. But, then I found that it works even if you JUST use it before applying your mascara. I don't even have to apply the second coat! I will seriously buy this forever and ever and ever!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Works as well as everyone says and does not irritate my super sensitive, itchy, painful and always ridiculously bothersome eyes. Really, I wore it over Maybelline Full n Soft and went to the water park for 6 hours. Got splashed in the face at high speed, rubbed my face repeatedly and even got sunscreen in my eyes. When I got home it was just starting to get flakey but was still difficult to get off. It really works, trust the reviews.

Popular Mascaras