January 26, 2015 | 1880 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2015 7:28:00 PM More reviews by barunkidiwaani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this three times. The first time I bought this four years ago, it was amazing and it went on smoothly. However the second time it applied patchy and it was not buildable at all. When you go over you line it will erase your previous line that you drew. I thought it was a fluke but happened with the third tube I bought. Not sure if they changed the the formula or by last tubes were just defective or something. But I really do like the felt tip applicator

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 9:48:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. First, the actual color. This eyeliner looks "carbon black" within instant application but in a few hours the eyeliner liquid looked more like a soft black instead. It looked a little bit darker if I put black eye shadow over it. Second, the applicator. I love how soft the applicator is! It feels more like a sponge applicator than a felt tip applicator. However, the sponge applicator is not great if you want to create a winged liner look. I found it difficult to create an angled line and it usually ended up smudging the outer corners of my eye. Third, size of the applicator. I think that the stick that holds the sponge applicator could be a little bit longer and most of the time I have had an issue with being able to line my eyes from the inner corner. Fourth, the applicator and eye shadow formulas. I found that this eyeliner applicator worked great with matte and satin eye shadows but was difficult to use with glitter eye shadows. The sponge applicator could barely line my eyes and it tended to "slip" a lot. Overall, I would only repurchase if I couldn't find a better eyeliner at the drugstore.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Hvrminn

If you think this is black you need to buy better makeup products. When going over to make the line thicker or darker it smears away the original line

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by KelliaC

I bought the Carbon Black color and all I can say is WOW! I got this at Walmart. This is the best felt tip liner I have ever used. When I first pulled the applicator out of the tube, I looked at it from all angles, and wondered how this would work. I am very picky about using an applicator that will not pull the skin on my eyelids, and THIS IS IT! This felt tip liner is incredibly gentle and creates the perfect line. I was even able to create the perfect cat eye with such little effort. And the Carbon Black color is a deep black. And I have oily eyelids and this didn't smudge or come off during the day. I will definitely repurchase! A++

EDIT on 12/22/14: I loved this liner so much, that I also purchased it in Brown. It gives me the perfect winged or cat eye line ever. This brand of liner from L"Oreal has become my HG liner of all time! I hope they make this forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype. The black color isn't intense. It's more of a soft black. So, if you have dark skin, this likely will not give you a dark enough color pay off. The applicator is flimsy and doesn't stay firm to get a steady, straight line applied. Not impressed at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by noodletan

This is my favourite liquid eyeliner. The applicator gives you perfect control, and I get a beautiful, consistent winged eyeliner every time. Considering it isn't waterproof, it still lasts the entire day. My only problem with it is that it doesn't come in a waterproof formula. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Phenomenal!

I have normal/dry skin so the oily eyelids thing isnít an issue for me. This liner goes on smoothly and I love the thin tip applicator. I do the winged cat eye every day and I always get dense black coverage with this. I put this on in the morning and it wears all day even through my work outs. I can see why Paula Begouin rates this as a BEST liquid eyeliner product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by nialing

I created an account just so that I could review this product. This is my first ever liquid eyeliner (recommended by my coworker) and let me tell you...I have not been more impressed. I normally have extremely oily eyelids, and from a full day out (8am-8pm) this liner stays intact and will not smudge. I don't do a winged line, so having a thin tip is not a concern for me. But if you do create one, than this liner is probably not for you, as the felt tip is a little on the bigger side. I got this for about $8+tax at Shoppers on sale. I know they sell it regularly for $8 at Walmart, a little on the pricey side for a drugstore liner, nevertheless I love this product!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by HR20

I had high hopes for this eyeliner after reading all the reviews, but I was extremely disappointed. I did not find the color to be a dark, pigmented black. I have black hair/eyebrows/eyelashes but my skin tone is not that dark, so I need VERY deep dark black eyeliner or else it looks faded against my skin (think Urban Decay's Perversion eyeliner). This eyeliner was not a deep black at all and it looked terrible and faded when I used this on my top lid. The eyeliner is a bit shimmery, not matte, and the felt tip is long and flimsy so it's a bit hard to use. For $8 this eyeliner is not worth it. For drugstore eyeliners I like Revlon's ColorsStay a lot better; it's half the price and the color is much blacker!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by hannahlovesmakeup1

The color is really black which is a pro, but it is however too watery and comes off pretty easily. I wouldn't recommend this product nor would I purchase it again. I certainly also wouldn't recommend it to people with oily eyelids as I said this eyeliner is watery. Hope this review was helpful!