October 2, 2014 | 1572 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Glamour Check!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

This is a gorgeous ruddy/ reddish brown. Kinda have that red-carpet glamorous brown going on.

This is a starflash texture so the texture is very good- smooth and easy to apply/blend. I can wear this on the lid or in the crease. It's rather on the 'bold'/ glam side of neutrals.

This can be paired with so many different eyeshadow combos as well! I can imagine this work on all different eye colors and good on fair-med skin tones (even some olive tones). If you have very dark skin tone then do a swatch test first- just to see if it doesn't pull an unflattering red color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by tepandoro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from a lovely swapper, and I am so in love with this shade. It can be used on its own as a single wash, or as a base, or in the outercorners to create a subtle smoky look. The color is buildable and can be applied in any opacity you want. It lasts almost the whole day, especially with primer and setting spray.

MAC has so many similar shades, and I can't honestly tell the difference sometimes! But they have all been awesome :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a year ago at my local CCO and it's been sitting in my drawer for about that long. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful coppery/reddish brown color but I just rarely reached for it. Fast forward to the Posh Paradise releasing Idyllic paint pot and jackpot! I used this over Idyllic all over my eye lid and Naked Lunch to blend out and highlight and it's so amazing. For ref I'm NC42 and I thought the red might look crazy all over my eyelid but complete opposite! It makes the whites of my eyes really white and overall brightens my face. I'm so in love with this combo right now and fantastic for the upcoming fall season!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by thechic95

I will buy this again if i get to the bottom of it. I LOVE this eye shadow i can wear it anyday with anything im an (NW45 by the way) its beatiful. I use it all over my lid and add a highlighter mascara and im done. Its awsome and it last pretty well considering i dont use any primer... A bit on the pricey side as all mac products are tho

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Easy to blend dark brown with reddish undertone, the color is deep enough as crease color against my nc40 asian warm tone skin, black eyes. I took off one lippie because it is too 'red' to be used as an allover lid color (on me, anyway).
But it is now becoming my 'go to' brown crease color cause I finally found brown color that is dark enough for me, very pigmented and easy to blend.
Fyi, I have 3 dark brown eyeshadows : stila golightly, UD twice baked and UD Smog but I found these three are not 'dark enough ' to be my crease color (against my tan skin), but great as allover lid color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Glamour Check! at one of my local CCO last summer I believe. I always liked it quite a bit but in the past couple of months it has become my go-to liner shade. I use an angled liner brush (from Michael's) and just apply it dry to my upper lash line. It is gorgeous reddish, shimmery deep brown and it really looks nice with my hazel eyes (it does wonders to make my eyes look more green). It is really lovely in the crease though I rarely wear it there, I normally stick with Wedge in the crease unless I am opting for something more dramatic. I haven't discovered it has any fall out and with a primer it seems to last at least the majority of the day. Because I am using it primarily as a liner, I don't think I will be going through it anytime soon, but if I did, I would do my best to find another pot of it, even though it is a limited edition color. If you can find it, I highly recommend this color!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by pixietrixie

OMG I love this color!!! It's a warm shimmery brown that is perfect for a smoky eye look, or even in the crease. I'm so sad that it's discontinued, but I'm intent on finding a very close replacement for this color because it's sooo beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely amazing warm brown eyeshadow! On my fair complexion it shows up as a warm brown with burgundy undertones and flecks of gold shimmer. The warmth of this shadow doesn't make me look tired or accentuate my under eye circles either. The colour is pigmented with a smooth & buttery texture. The colour emphasizes my green eyes and is versatile enough to be worn with many other shades of browns and purples in my collection. A quick every day look that I often turn to is Glamour Check on the lid, Cork in the crease, Mystery on the outer V and Brule for a hi-light. Absolutely amazing shadow and I'm so glad I was able to find it on eBay and will be purchasing another for a back up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Beautiful rich reddish toned brown. It seems to make my eyes glow. Looks beautiful with blue eyes, and even dark brown eyes, I'm sure it'd look good with hazel, green, grey eyes too!

Nice smooth texture. Only downfall in my opinion is that the fall out is quite extreme. So I need to either be very careful, or clean up after the eyeshadow application.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this e/s especially combined w/Grand Entrance. Holy WOW..fabulous combo! :) These two combined make a perfect natural eye for me!