November 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by SakuraBlossom4

Generally I'm a fan of very few perfumes, my collection consists of everything from gourmand, to floral and all the way up to straight oriental musks.
But Fancy by Jessica Simpson is just so darn fun that I try to always have a bottle of it; I was pretty young when this first hit the shelves, and when I smelled it, I kind of passed it by as a foodie smell that I wasn't sure would work. I saved up some money and bought my first 'big girl' perfume when I was 14, and boy did the compliments come rolling in when I wore this!
Fast forward to now, and since the air in Alberta is getting crisp and cool, and the leaves are turning gold, I was looking for a comfort scent that wouldn't break the bank. (I have a little girl now who always comes first so I don't treat myself to luxuries like I used to) I happened to be in a local Shoppers and they had Fancy Love on sale for $20 for 100mL, first of all, amazing deal, and second of all it reminded me of how much I had loved the original Fancy all those years ago.
So, I went on a hunt for Fancy in every discount store I could find, but I couldn't find it anywhere (I did however find a 50mL bottle of Fancy Nights that my best friend adores so that was a win) so I hopped on to the wonderful world of the web.
I scored a bottle with free shipping to Canada for $19.95 for 50mL of the original Fancy; needless to say, I was excited.

On my skin, Fancy is a wonderful, mellow and smooth vanilla gourmand; I'll list the notes below so what I describe is clear.
Notes: Pear, Apricot, Red Berries, Gardenia, Jasmine, Almond, Caramel, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Amber.
Upon first spray my nose really picks up the Pear and Apricot very strong, then after it's settled for 20 minutes it smooths out to Almonds drizzled in Caramel with a side of real Vanilla ice cream. It pretty well stays like this for the entire time this lasts on my skin, which is close to 12 hours; if I spray it on before bed I can still smell it on my skin the morning after and on my clothes until I wash them.
Usually, celeb scents aren't something I hunt out, but this one is a gem, it's well executed and it smells like genuine ingredients were used and if there isn't the synthetics are high quality.
The sillage is moderate, as people walking behind me compliment on the scent and people who breeze by will stop me to ask what I'm wearing; I'm not at all embarrassed to say it's Fancy, if it's well executed I don't care if the name is Fluffy Marshmallow, I'll tell people what it is.
Anyway, I would suggest trying before you buy, but if you can find it for $20 or sometimes less, it's a decent option to blind buy; although I do feel as though it's polarizing, you either love it or you hate it and that's all relative.
I will say that the male species of any age and orientation tend to be a fan of this one, I've had guys my age (20 somethings) older men, and young boys tell me that I smell delicious and comforting: it's therefore a winner among men, and they definitely don't care what the price tag is of your perfume.
So in conclusion, give this a try if you want a gourmand, but also light caramel/almond/vanilla perfume that's far less expensive than some similar designer perfumes that go for hundreds of dollars.
I personally adore this perfume and I will continue to buy it for as long as it is being made, I would be sad to see this go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never owned a celebrity fragrance because I dislike them but I kept reading great reviews about Jessica Simpson's Fancy so I decided I had to try it. A 3.4 oz bottle was $22 on Amazon so I figured I really didn't have anything to lose. I don't care for the box with Jessica Simpson's face on it but I found the bottle to be cute. Upon initial spray, the top notes are somewhat sharp. I can definitely smell the pear and the almond notes at this stage. It's sweet but in a bitter sort of way with a lot of fruit mixed in it. This lasts me about an hour to two hours.

After this stage, the perfume settles down a bit and the bitter almond scent becomes more pronounced. The fruit notes are nearly gone at this point. This stage lasts for about another hour and then the bitterness completely fades away, leaving behind a pleasant caramel vanilla scent that lasts for another few hours.

I really like the last stage of the perfume, as it is a sweet and comforting scent. This doesn't last as long as some of my more expensive perfumes but it's really no big deal since I wasn't expecting it to. I gave it 3 stars because I really don't enjoy the first two stages of this perfume. It smells very cheap to me until it reaches the third stage. For an extremely cheap celebrity fragrance, this is a decent perfume. I recommend that you try it if you like sweet gourmand scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by brunettebordeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it smells sort of like medicine at first but fades into the perfect caramel perfume. Long-lasting, sweet, and charming. The bottle has a rose gold cap and is pretty. It is not a complex scent nor very alluring, but it is the perfect caramel and sometimes available for less than $12 a pop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this scent a couple months ago after hearing that it had a strong caramel note and it's so wonderful! I will say that when I first sprayed this one that I wasn't fond of the fruit note but in about 20 minutes perfection happens. It is caramel, vanilla and pear goodness. Sillage and longevity are great. I find myself wondering thoughout the day what the nice smell is to find out it's me..don't you just love that? A definite keeper and very inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by goldenlight83

This Is a genie in a bottle the most fragrant vanilla, with a sweet, warm, cozy feeling. I feel like I am in heaven when wearing this scent. You can definitely smell the vanilla and the caramel along with the apricot. It will make you feel like you're wearing this scent not the scent wearing you. I love this perfume along with the one in the white bottle too. You feel just as the name of the perfume, "Fancy".

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by sauce62

This fragrance did not agree with me at all. I'm really surprised at the high reviews. Smells like nail polish remover and is headache inducing.RealIy has a very sharp note which I do not like. I was seduced by the reviews and it sounds like something I would like...but, sorry. No. Cloying and just plain nasty. I'll stick with Prada Candy. Now THAT smells good!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: My boyfriend commented on me smelling good. Before that only happened when I'm wearing Coco by Chanel. :)

Initially it smells a little fruity, like pear and apricot. It calms down quite fast, you don't have to wait long, and turns into a vanilla with some light creamy gardenia in the background. I can't smell much of the almonds, though I wouldn't mind since almond goes well with vanilla. After a while I can also sense amber, which essentially brings out the vanilla even more. I like this a lot, it's very non-offensive, quite unique, actually not that sweet that one would think. My boyfriend likes it as well and it's something I like to put on before I go to bed.

I tried to convince myself that I was wrong, but I can also smell some cinnamon, actually it's quite obvious - giving it more of a spicy quality. There are lots of people that were reminded of Amor Amor In A Flash when smelling this, and that one has a quite intensive cinnamon note in it - so I can't be dead wrong can I?
Also, I'm surprised no one mentioned it, I might be the only one, but smelling this perfume I had Yves Rocher - Rose Absolue (a discontinued perfume) come to mind. That one is a sweet rose perfume with (obviously) rose, tonka beans and cinnamon - and since I'm stubborn as hell and I still claim Fancy has some cinnamon in it, I think that's the similarity I feel.

For the uninitiated this can smell like any generic sweet perfume at first smell, I agree, most perfumes are like that - but I think this is quite different. It's not offensive and will not change the world, but it's charming in some way, and more complex than one would expect from a celebrity perfume.

Also, I don't usually ever find myself liking most celebrity perfume, but it's not because of some rule I have. Frankly, I think it gives a snobby impression to look down on low priced/celebrity perfumes. Have an open mind, if you don't like Jessica Simpson as a person, get over it. There are other good smelling perfumes than Chanel no 5, you know, and they don't need to be expensive. That being said, my absolute favorite perfumes are Coco by Chanel and a cheap no-name perfume oil bought in a small hippie store here in Sweden.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by bri0421

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has mistakenly become my all-time favorite perfume. I am a perfume junkie. It is literally disgusting how many bottles of perfume I have. Anyways, I had purchased this perfume a really long time ago. I wore it a few times, and I loved it, but I just had to move on to another fragrance. My wedding day was a few months ago and I got ready at my parent's house where I used to live and of course I didn't bring any perfume with me. I panicked, because who wants to smell like hairspray and B.O. on their wedding day? No one. So, I rushed up to my old room and found this gem. I sprayed it on myself, remembered how delicious the scent was, and went on my way. Well, everytime I wear it now I am reminded of my wedding day and I haven't stopped wearing it since. It is a lovely, sweet/vanilla-y, yet grown-up scent. It's hard to describe. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves sweet fragrances, but try it first because everyone's chemistry is different.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I feel so tacky admitting this but I'm IN LOVE with Jessica Simpson "Fancy" !! Honestly, I got this on Overstock for $15. So you really have no reason not to buy this if you're at all a fan of oriental/vanilla/gourmand fragrances and you can find it for that price.

I bought Fancy because it's supposed to be similar to the much more expensive Prada Candy. And it is similar in the caramelly warm goodness, but it's got some fruit added in at the beginning and some white florals in the middle and end. I don't particuarly love the fruity notes but they go away quite quickly and leave a quite pleasant, very long-lasting (!!) white florally caramelly vanilla-y goodness behind. I love this and think it could work for day or night, summer or winter. It's deep and warm but not too sweet or heavy.

Also, the bottle is really lovely -- I was afraid that it would be tacky as well, but it's actually a very pretty rose gold and looks lovely on my dresser.

Love this!! It make you feel... Fancy. Haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You know what I think about this fragrance...well I think that it goes bad really quickly and that is why there are reviews that say it's smells really bad. Why do I say this, I smelled it at ULTA and it smelled great. So I found a bottle at a close out store and it REEKS!

The scent I smelled in a fresh nice bottle at ULTA was a very nice vanilla scent. The cheap close up bottle was a very strong and harsh metalic scent that eventually softened down to a burnt marshmallow vanilla scent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No