August 22, 2014 | 1114 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Jonaleepuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been through several types of mascara and this is by far my favorite.

The Step 1 "primer" manages to make it easy to emphasize your lashes with minimal effort. I find it doesn't smudge, clump, or flake off.

Removal is super easy; no makeup remover needed! (This is always a huge plus for me)

In short, would definitely buy again once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by vylite

I believe this mascara is the best I have ever used in my life. I won't know what I'll do if there ever comes day when it will be discontinued. The formula is superb! I've experimented with several high-ends one prior to having a friend recommend me trying this. Many others will smudge all your eye makeup upon removal and you'd probably need more than 5ml of makeup remover to get everything out. Thanks to this mascara I never have to buy makeup remover again. I didn't think it was cool at first when I removed it but It's actually fun to remove this in the shower and not to mention doesn't smudge your face/ make you look like a raccoon!
The wear is better than most mascaras out there too. Not expensive and it really is that good~

I have 2 as backup.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst mascara ever at least for me. It clumps it smudges and it gets spidery. No go for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Laila667

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG Mascara!
I get raccoon eyes within a few hours with every single mascara I have ever tried due to my oily skin and eye shape. I was recently looking up solutions to this and found out about tubing mascara. I ran out the next day and bought L'oreal Beauty tubes.
This mascara adds a good amount of volume and a lot of length - perfect for me - it looks like I'm wearing false lashes. It creates and holds a great curl.
I find the primer really helps. I apply the primer to my top lashes, put the masacra on bottom lashes and then apply it to my top lashes which gives the primer the chance to set a little bit.
I get absolutely no smudging, this is the first mascara that I have been able to wear on my bottom lashes. I do get a tiny amount of flaking from my bottom lashes after 9 or 10 hours but to me that really isn't an issue.
Removal is easy and I don't lose any lashes. I feel like my lashes have been in better shape since using this mascara, and I was not rough when removing other mascaras.
To summarize: I find this mascara looks better than any other mascara I have worn and it doesnt smudge! I would recommend it 100% and I have already bought two backup tubes.
I took off one star because I'm not a fan of the packaging, I would have preferred two seperate tubes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

My first ever mascara, my friend recommend this to my, I think it is pretty good, volume effect, I used 2 tubes and changed to maybelline, I think the only reason is it took me longer to apply it(both primer and mascara),still want to repurchase it someday

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I really don't like this. Why didn't I return this? Oh well. This would be good in some ways, as it does make lashes longer and the other L'oreals with primer were nice, but this is so wet and gloopy. You get bits of both the primer and mascara around your eyes and when you wash it off it's like, gluey and hard to remove. It comes off fine with makeup remover, but with just wash its hard to get off. I'd be ok with that normally since I use makeup remover anyway, but its just exceptionally gloopy and fibery. It's weird. I'll keep it for now but I prefer the Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion. I won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by LizEM1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this stuff. The primer is great, but the mascara felt too heavy on my lashes. I also thought it was labor intensive to apply. Primer, comb lashes, mascara, comb lashes, mascara, comb lashes. It comes off with plain water; that was a plus, but this is not my favorite mascara. It did last all day and did not smear, but if it wasn't applied correctly and the lashes combed, it caused the clumsy spider eye look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by ColoradoChick303

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for at least 3 years. LOVE it so much that I have 3 unopened packages in "stock" in case they discontinue it. I will never give it up!

This product dries quickly on your eyelashes - NEVER pull or tug on your lashes once they're dry. You could break the eyelash.

COMBINED WITH LATISSE
I use Latisse (Love that too - see my review), and adding the L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes gives me AMAZING eyelashes. Because my lashes are so long from Latisse, using the white conditioner primer in this mascara makes me look like I have false eyelashes.

BEAUTY TUBES
The white end is the conditioner/primer - it looks like white mascara, and has fibers that thicken and lengthen your lashes. The red end is the mascara - just put that over top of the conditioner (really easy and no mess). It creates a fiber "tube" around your eyelash.

WEARABILITY
It stays on all day - smudgeproof, sweatproof, and waterproof under normal conditions. It NEVER runs, streaks, smudges, or gives you raccoon eyes. If conditions are such that your lashes get completely soaked, then it would come off your eyes as described below. But .. it still doesn't leave you with black smudges.

REMOVING THE MASCARA
It's really easy to remove the mascara. You don't need soap or makeup remover (although you can use them if you want to).

1.Splash warm water on your face and get your eyelashes soaking wet (like soak them for a minute or two). You'll feel your eyelashes softening up with the water.

2. Once they feel soft, close your eye, put your index finger horizontally along your lash line, and very gently sweep it downward (it should take very little pressure). If your lashes are soaked enough, the mascara "tubes" will literally slide right off your eyelashes.

It looks absolutely bizarre - sort of like a lot of black lint. Just pick it off your face like you would lint. At that point, just keep gently sweeping your index finger downward, and the "tubes" just slide right off your eyelashes. All the color of the mascara is bonded to the "lint", so that's why you don't get any left behind on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Kris109

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm in love with this mascara! It's the first one I have continually bought over and over. I recommend it to everyone! I've even stopped people in the store and told them to try it! It does not smudge or flake AT ALL. I never have to clean under my eyes over the course of the day, or heck, even if I sleep with it on, my mascara is still perfect in the morning! Though, it comes off so beautifully and easily, for the first time ever, I almost always take it off before bed! No black running down your face, even if you just wash your face without first taking it off! I simply wet a cotton ball, and hold it to my eye, and the tubes just pull right off, no mess. I like my lashes to look natural, but dark and dramatic. This totally does the job. I buy it every few weeks, to build up a reserve...because if they ever take it off the market, I'll just die.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

I am a mascara junkie and have tried everything from Dior to Maybelline, always a little unsatisfied. I like the long, thick, false lashes look. This mascara is extensions in a bottle. I love it. My HG. Lahes hit my eyebrows. I do one eye at a time; one coat of white, three coats of black. I get compliments on my lashes non stop with this mascara. It doesn't flake or smudge AT ALL even if I sweat, cry, or am out all day. But, it comes off with a little hot water and gentle rubbing. My lashes are stronger, longer and healthier because of this. HG!<3