January 31, 2015 | 1630 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2015 6:21:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My lashes seem to grow longer instantly with this stuff. Plus it doesn't smudge at all even with my oily lids and washes off with just plain water. It's a little tricky to apply. The brushes are really fat and it can be a pain for the lower lashes and outer corners, and you have to be quick. Put the primer on and then IMMEDIATELY put on the black tubing part before the primer dries. Do not wait for the primer to dry. That was my mistake when I first tried this stuff. The primer seems to look clumpy when I apply it but when I apply the tubing part the clumps magically disappear and my lashes are separated and long! Doesn't thicken as well as it lengthen but that's not an issue as I've never found any one mascara that does both well. Tubing mascara is the only mascara I can use and I'm so happy that I can find this one easily in the drugstore. It's a bit higher priced than other drugstore mascaras but compared to the prices of tubing mascaras in department stores plus the convenience of just walking to my local drugstore to get this stuff I'd say it's a bargain!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Nugen07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been in my makeup arsenal since it hit the market years ago. At first it was a love/hate relationship. I have short, thin lashes and I'd always used a volumizing mascara to make them noticeable. But then I began to appreciate this one because it does exactly what it's supposed to. It lengthens quite dramatically, does not budge, comes off easily with lots of water, and costs much less than the other "tubing" mascaras. This is the only mascara that has not smudged on me - ever. I took off one lippie because I used this daily for some time, and I think I saw one or two more lashes fall out than usual. I can't confirm this, but I think I've seen other reviewers have the same issue.

-Defintely get this if you have short, sparse lashes and you have issues with smudging.
-Do NOT get this if you have naturally long, thick lashes. The formula will be too tacky for you and it'll look crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 8:12:00 PM More reviews by saratee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've stopped using eye make-up remover ever since i discovered this mascara! one splash of water. slight patting down of the lashes and vola the mascara is off. Also it never flakes. gives great volume and length

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2015 9:14:00 PM More reviews by purplepickle777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara because I wanted to try a tubing mascara because I found that other mascaras are too hard to take off and I end up losing eyelashes in the process. I also recently had eyelash extensions that left me with weak, damaged eyelashes. This mascara is a bit expensive for a drug store brand but cheaper than the high-end brands. It has 2 sides, a primer and the mascara itself. The primer goes on first and is white, its supposed to help bind the mascara to your lashes. You put the white primer on then immediately follow it up with the mascara. It worked pretty well for me. I think too much of the product comes out on the brush, however and you have to be careful that it doesn't get too clumped on. My eyelashes looked pretty long however it doesn't give much volume. To take it off you just splash some warm water onto your lashes and wait a few seconds and try to get them as wet as possible then gently pull the tubes off with your fingers. It came off quite easily with minimal lash pulling so I will buy it again. It also does not smear of flake at all because of the tube technology.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Riley04

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my all time favorite mascara! I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if I have false eyelashes on. And as one who tends to sleep in my eye makeup, while they can stick together in the morning, you don't have racoon eyes.

I put 2-3 layers of the primer on, then while it's still wet, apply the black. I apply it until the white is covered. Usually at least 2 layers.

When I'm showering, I just take my fingers and lightly wipe the tubes off and they go down the drain. Hard to explain if you haven't cleaned all of them off the tub/shower, but it's worth it!

I have used other primer mascaras and love this one the best. I don't like the waterproof formula as well, but haven't needed it. This will stay on if you're careful about dabbing if you cry. You wouldn't be able to wear it in a pool or anything because when the tubes come up, they are somewhat large.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 5:29:00 AM More reviews by kailee100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only mascara I've used for years. It makes my already long lashes (thank you Careprost) SUPER long. When I met my husband and we first started spending the night together while first dating this mascara was a Godsend because it doesn't smear off while sleeping (hey, some nights I didn't get around to make up removal) and I'd wake up with the same long perfect lashes I fell asleep with. The "tubes" need hot water to be released from your lashes and even if you cry your eyes out at a wedding there will be no smearing or running. Even the sauna at the gym won't budge them - still perfect - until you use hot water to loosen the tubes and wash them away.

This is not a volumizing mascara so much as a lengthening one, which is fine by me because I primarily care about length. I hope they never discontinue this brilliant product, which I even prefer over fiber (messy) mascara like the one Younique sells.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2015 6:16:00 PM More reviews by caitlynbruh

This mascara is okay. It has great black pigment and I like the idea of the primer, but it didn't hold curl whatsoever. I love curled lashes. This also didn't make my lashes seem very thick or volumized either, just straight and sticklike, very brittle too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Neema

Wow this mascara is awesome! It really does put "tubes" over your lashes making them super long!! The ONLY problem I have is that you dont get very much in the tube (half the amount of mascara than normal) so its technicaly pretty expensive for a drugstore product. I would have liked more volume to it but really, this mascara is pretty great and it might become my HG drugstore mascara. I also actually like the conditioning white primer in this, I think it helps separate the lashes and moisturizes them well before applying the mascara!

Pros
-lots of length
-no smudges
-no flakes
-no clumps

Cons
-Expensive for drugstore
-could use a little more volume (but not a deal breaker)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by antimony79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara changed my life (Well, as much as a mascara can) - I have oily skin, so for almost 20 years i have been trying to find the magical smudge-proof mascara. Eventually I had given up, and resigned myself to not wearing eye makeup during the day since there was no way I would even make it to lunch time without horrible black smudging around my eyes. Almost like football-type black marks under my eyes. Then when I thought I took it all off at night, I would wake up with round two of the black smudge in the morning. This discouraged me from eye makeup in general because why wear eyeshadow if i couldn't wear mascara? It just looked unfinished.

This mascara literally doesn't smudge, I put it on at 7am and it still looks perfect at 11pm. (It will flake a tiny bit if i touch my eyes a lot, but that is my own fault) and then it comes off easily and completely with nothing but water.

Like a lot of other reviewers, I don't use the primer most of the time. It's clumpy and makes my lashes look funny unless I comb my lashes after every coat. Certainly no time for that in the morning. I just use the mascara end, and since it doesn't smudge, I can use it on both my top and bottom lashes. My lashes look well defined, and perfect for work.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by squidsquid1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this mascara! It truly extends my lashes like no other product I have tried. No flaking or clumping either.

Just apply the white coat first, wait a minute or so (this helps it to set and elongate the lash when black is applied). Then apply two coats, or more, of the black.

As someone who has short lashes, this product is great at really making them appear longer and stand out! I also use an eyelash curler beforehand, which helps my eyes to look more open and awake.