September 20, 2014 | 1176 users online

Blush - MAC - Mineralize Blush - Gentle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Gentle is a very beautiful pink blush that took a while to grow on me. The mineralized blushes definitely are longer lasting than the regular powder blushes. Even though it's a glittery swatch, it does not transfer onto the face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

For me, mineralize formula blushes from MAC have to be my favourite out of them all. They are always so pigmented and long wearing, with just enough shimmer to not be too much. 'Gentle' is no exception to this.
The shade itself is quite a plummy based pink, almost a raspberry shade with very fine gold shimmer running through it. On my NC15 skin, the colour stays very true to the pan, which is very impressive, because there is nothing less satisfying than getting a colour you were not expecting/poor pigmentation. You definitely need a light hand if you are fair like me, because the first time I used it I just swirled it on my brush and put it to my cheek and it was like BAM clown cheeks so don't do that.
In terms of longevity, this lasted a nine hour shift at work, which is all I want really. I only ever really wear make up to work. You can tell the powder is finely milled, and the shimmer is just enough to give you a slight sheen without being too overpowering, if you're someone who hates glitter.
Overall, this has to be one of my most used, most loved blushes from MAC. Mineralize formulas seem to work best for me, and also seem to last longer than the satin or pro longwear formulas. Definitely recommend and would repurchase the second I come close to running out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Ingriedche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

simply the best for yellow-to-tan skin colour like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although mac mineralize blushes are pretty expensive in canada, I totally do not regret purchasing gentle by mac. As a girl who loves shimmer, this is perfect for me. Although it looks like there are sparkles in the pan, they don't show up on the skin. This colour is a gorgeous, luminous, shimmery rosey pink on my skin. It is buildable and can be taken from a slight wash of colour to a bright rosey pink. Colour payoff is fantastic. Love love love love love this! My new favourite blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I am in love with this blush! I wanted a Summer blush and I have way to many blushers but I wanted to try a Minerlize one. Well, this one does not disappoint me one bit. It's a beautiful iced raspberry with very small gold shimmer. What's nice about Gentle is though there is shimmer it doesn't translate like that on my skin. It gives my skin a radiance and the colour is a beautiful light raspberry that on my pale NW20,N1, complexion works really nicely. It is well pigmented and I use a small 187SE stipple brush that works great. MAC's contour brush works really well too. It doesn't make my pores show and has lasted from morning to night without much fading. I used Sephora's Airbrush foundation and it melted into my skin so it looked really natural, and I hate to say it again but that darn glow;) This shade though is just so beautiful to me!!

I am a natural blonde with green eyes and with my fair complexion, it makes my eyes standout. It's just such a gorgeous makes you look alive,healthy, colour! I never fell in love with a blush like I have this one. I love the Mineralize formula it applies very smooth, not patchy in the least. I always have some powder down before I apply my blush. I find having combo skin that some powder really helps it go on nice and smooth. I would repurchase or get backups without a doubt. I think for how much product and pigmentation the price is fair imo. Gorgeous colour for those on the fair side and I can see it looking beautiful on yellow and olive tones. I think this will work for a lot of people both cool and warm toned. I absolutely love it! Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by susan1326

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I currently own Gleeful, Dainty, Love Thing, Warm Soul and Gentle in the Mineralized Blush line. I find myself reaching for Gentle more than any of the others! It gives the most natural-looking "blush" to my cheeks. Works best if I pat it on my skin first with the end of a blush brush, then blend it out in a sweeping motion. Lasts all day and gives me a healthy glow. I have cool undertones to my skin, but my friend who is definitely a warm bought Gentle and it looks just as lovely on her.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by nicolekm

This is my daily blush for work. I love it. It's the perfect pink without being over the top. Blends so easily, and lasts all day on me. One of my favorite blushes. It will be a very long time before I run out (these last forever), but when I do, I will be purchasing it again. For reference, I'm NW10 in MAC, 10 Beige in Chanel Perfection Lumiere, and 100 Ivory in Dior Airflash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have much to say about this blush except that it tends to work for me most times of day, most seasons, and with most clothes colors. But that is also its downfall.

Because it doesn't have a particular "look" at which this simply stands out as THE BEST, I often overlook it. But it is probably the second best color on me for many daytime looks.

It is a mineralize blush, meaning that it has shimmer. Probably as much shimmer as Plum Foolery (which I use most in the evenings).
Whenever I remind myself to wear this, I love it. Great for professional looks, slightly dressy looks, and for photos.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

After waiting around at the MAC counter for half an hour with no assistance, I ended up swatching all the blush colours and attempting to choose one myself. I'm annoyed because A) I had money to spend on their cosmetics but I was ignored and B) When I finally received assistance, they didn't listen to my concerns about colour. I have light skin with a strong olive undertone and choosing a blush is so difficult, because if it leans too cool or too warm, I either look like a clown or as though I'm really ill. This blush catered to creating the former appearance. It makes me look very childlike and seems to clash with my skin tone, even when applied with the lightest (and I mean like a feather!) touch. I can see it working in summer when the depth of my tan will be able to balance everything out, however for my winter paleness it's not great.
I also don't think it's worth the cost. I've had blushers from the drug store which are just as pigmented, just as pretty in colour, and far less expensive. I'll be returning this and definitely sticking to cheaper brands for my blushers!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by monroebrooklyn81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just ran out of this, and is a great light,natural color...great for everyday wear...will buy again:)