MAC Mineralize Blush - Gentle

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got gentle when I was exchanging some other products at MAC without really doing any prior research or thinking about it. I've had it for about a year now and I am still finding it hard to like this. My skin is NC30 (Asian skintone). Normal skin type, with a little discolouration and freckles in the summer months (I wear foundation though, so I feel like that shouldn't affect how the blush looks, but it does.) When I apply this, it gives me a feverish, unnatural, almost swollen appearance. If I use a light hand it doesn't show up. I never apply blush heavily but if I build it up to medium it starts looking ugly on me. It makes the rest of my face that doesn't have blush on it look more yellow/green in comparison to the cool pink that's on my cheeks. It just generally makes me look more unattractive, in my opinion.

I have been wearing this with bronzer lately and it makes it a little better. I sweep bronzer across my cheek, then lightly press this into the cheekbones. The bronzer doesn't have any red tones, and when mixed with this cool toned medium pink, makes a rosy colour that I like okay. The additional benefit of this combination is increased lasting power.

Although this blush looks decent when layered with other cheek product I do not feel like it is worth the effort especially at $30 something. I am considering giving this to a friend.

raspberry pink with gold, beautiful on many skin types. I wear this almost every day and lasted 3 years. good quality and save you more money in the long run. use sephora pro blush brush. add me on on fb chanel luxe or instagram missalmita55

on 6/11/2014 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gentle is a very beautiful pink blush that took a while to grow on me. The mineralized blushes definitely are longer lasting than the regular powder blushes. Even though it's a glittery swatch, it does not transfer onto the face.

on 6/11/2014 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

For me, mineralize formula blushes from MAC have to be my favourite out of them all. They are always so pigmented and long wearing, with just enough shimmer to not be too much. 'Gentle' is no exception to this.
The shade itself is quite a plummy based pink, almost a raspberry shade with very fine gold shimmer running through it. On my NC15 skin, the colour stays very true to the pan, which is very impressive, because there is nothing less satisfying than getting a colour you were not expecting/poor pigmentation. You definitely need a light hand if you are fair like me, because the first time I used it I just swirled it on my brush and put it to my cheek and it was like BAM clown cheeks so don't do that.
In terms of longevity, this lasted a nine hour shift at work, which is all I want really. I only ever really wear make up to work. You can tell the powder is finely milled, and the shimmer is just enough to give you a slight sheen without being too overpowering, if you're someone who hates glitter.
Overall, this has to be one of my most used, most loved blushes from MAC. Mineralize formulas seem to work best for me, and also seem to last longer than the satin or pro longwear formulas. Definitely recommend and would repurchase the second I come close to running out.

on 4/12/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

simply the best for yellow-to-tan skin colour like me.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Although mac mineralize blushes are pretty expensive in canada, I totally do not regret purchasing gentle by mac. As a girl who loves shimmer, this is perfect for me. Although it looks like there are sparkles in the pan, they don't show up on the skin. This colour is a gorgeous, luminous, shimmery rosey pink on my skin. It is buildable and can be taken from a slight wash of colour to a bright rosey pink. Colour payoff is fantastic. Love love love love love this! My new favourite blush.

on 3/5/2014 8:49:00 PM

Wow, I am in love with this blush! I wanted a Summer blush and I have way to many blushers but I wanted to try a Minerlize one. Well, this one does not disappoint me one bit. It's a beautiful iced raspberry with very small gold shimmer. What's nice about Gentle is though there is shimmer it doesn't translate like that on my skin. It gives my skin a radiance and the colour is a beautiful light raspberry that on my pale NW20,N1, complexion works really nicely. It is well pigmented and I use a small 187SE stipple brush that works great. MAC's contour brush works really well too. It doesn't make my pores show and has lasted from morning to night without much fading. I used Sephora's Airbrush foundation and it melted into my skin so it looked really natural, and I hate to say it again but that darn glow;) This shade though is just so beautiful to me!!

I am a natural blonde with green eyes and with my fair complexion, it makes my eyes standout. It's just such a gorgeous makes you look alive,healthy, colour! I never fell in love with a blush like I have this one. I love the Mineralize formula it applies very smooth, not patchy in the least. I always have some powder down before I apply my blush. I find having combo skin that some powder really helps it go on nice and smooth. I would repurchase or get backups without a doubt. I think for how much product and pigmentation the price is fair imo. Gorgeous colour for those on the fair side and I can see it looking beautiful on yellow and olive tones. I think this will work for a lot of people both cool and warm toned. I absolutely love it! Recommended!

on 11/27/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I currently own Gleeful, Dainty, Love Thing, Warm Soul and Gentle in the Mineralized Blush line. I find myself reaching for Gentle more than any of the others! It gives the most natural-looking "blush" to my cheeks. Works best if I pat it on my skin first with the end of a blush brush, then blend it out in a sweeping motion. Lasts all day and gives me a healthy glow. I have cool undertones to my skin, but my friend who is definitely a warm bought Gentle and it looks just as lovely on her.

on 6/26/2013 10:11:00 AM

This is my daily blush for work. I love it. It's the perfect pink without being over the top. Blends so easily, and lasts all day on me. One of my favorite blushes. It will be a very long time before I run out (these last forever), but when I do, I will be purchasing it again. For reference, I'm NW10 in MAC, 10 Beige in Chanel Perfection Lumiere, and 100 Ivory in Dior Airflash.

on 3/6/2013 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have much to say about this blush except that it tends to work for me most times of day, most seasons, and with most clothes colors. But that is also its downfall.

Because it doesn't have a particular "look" at which this simply stands out as THE BEST, I often overlook it. But it is probably the second best color on me for many daytime looks.

It is a mineralize blush, meaning that it has shimmer. Probably as much shimmer as Plum Foolery (which I use most in the evenings).
Whenever I remind myself to wear this, I love it. Great for professional looks, slightly dressy looks, and for photos.

Top Rated MAC Products