April 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Blush - MAC - Mineralize Blush - Gentle

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Ingriedche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

simply the best for yellow-to-tan skin colour like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although mac mineralize blushes are pretty expensive in canada, I totally do not regret purchasing gentle by mac. As a girl who loves shimmer, this is perfect for me. Although it looks like there are sparkles in the pan, they don't show up on the skin. This colour is a gorgeous, luminous, shimmery rosey pink on my skin. It is buildable and can be taken from a slight wash of colour to a bright rosey pink. Colour payoff is fantastic. Love love love love love this! My new favourite blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I am in love with this blush! I wanted a Summer blush and I have way to many blushers but I wanted to try a Minerlize one. Well, this one does not disappoint me one bit. It's a beautiful iced raspberry with very small gold shimmer. What's nice about Gentle is though there is shimmer it doesn't translate like that on my skin. It gives my skin a radiance and the colour is a beautiful light raspberry that on my pale NW20,N1, complexion works really nicely. It is well pigmented and I use a small 187SE stipple brush that works great. MAC's contour brush works really well too. It doesn't make my pores show and has lasted from morning to night without much fading. I used Sephora's Airbrush foundation and it melted into my skin so it looked really natural, and I hate to say it again but that darn glow;) This shade though is just so beautiful to me!!

I am a natural blonde with green eyes and with my fair complexion, it makes my eyes standout. It's just such a gorgeous makes you look alive,healthy, colour! I never fell in love with a blush like I have this one. I love the Mineralize formula it applies very smooth, not patchy in the least. I always have some powder down before I apply my blush. I find having combo skin that some powder really helps it go on nice and smooth. I would repurchase or get backups without a doubt. I think for how much product and pigmentation the price is fair imo. Gorgeous colour for those on the fair side and I can see it looking beautiful on yellow and olive tones. I think this will work for a lot of people both cool and warm toned. I absolutely love it! Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by susan1326

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I currently own Gleeful, Dainty, Love Thing, Warm Soul and Gentle in the Mineralized Blush line. I find myself reaching for Gentle more than any of the others! It gives the most natural-looking "blush" to my cheeks. Works best if I pat it on my skin first with the end of a blush brush, then blend it out in a sweeping motion. Lasts all day and gives me a healthy glow. I have cool undertones to my skin, but my friend who is definitely a warm bought Gentle and it looks just as lovely on her.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by nicolekm

This is my daily blush for work. I love it. It's the perfect pink without being over the top. Blends so easily, and lasts all day on me. One of my favorite blushes. It will be a very long time before I run out (these last forever), but when I do, I will be purchasing it again. For reference, I'm NW10 in MAC, 10 Beige in Chanel Perfection Lumiere, and 100 Ivory in Dior Airflash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have much to say about this blush except that it tends to work for me most times of day, most seasons, and with most clothes colors. But that is also its downfall.

Because it doesn't have a particular "look" at which this simply stands out as THE BEST, I often overlook it. But it is probably the second best color on me for many daytime looks.

It is a mineralize blush, meaning that it has shimmer. Probably as much shimmer as Plum Foolery (which I use most in the evenings).
Whenever I remind myself to wear this, I love it. Great for professional looks, slightly dressy looks, and for photos.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by jessiflower_x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

After waiting around at the MAC counter for half an hour with no assistance, I ended up swatching all the blush colours and attempting to choose one myself. I'm annoyed because A) I had money to spend on their cosmetics but I was ignored and B) When I finally received assistance, they didn't listen to my concerns about colour. I have light skin with a strong olive undertone and choosing a blush is so difficult, because if it leans too cool or too warm, I either look like a clown or as though I'm really ill. This blush catered to creating the former appearance. It makes me look very childlike and seems to clash with my skin tone, even when applied with the lightest (and I mean like a feather!) touch. I can see it working in summer when the depth of my tan will be able to balance everything out, however for my winter paleness it's not great.
I also don't think it's worth the cost. I've had blushers from the drug store which are just as pigmented, just as pretty in colour, and far less expensive. I'll be returning this and definitely sticking to cheaper brands for my blushers!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by monroebrooklyn81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just ran out of this, and is a great light,natural color...great for everyday wear...will buy again:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Gentle is a lovely raspberry blush with gold shimmer. The colour pay off is amazing and don't be afraid of the shimmer once it's on you don't see that. I believe it just adds the glow. For fair skinned girls like me be very careful with applying because it will go on heavy and dark. I like this blush alot but it's not my everyday love like I wanted it to be. I've discovered I'm definetly more of a matte blush kinda girl. For anyone who wants to try to but doesn't have the $25 to spend I would suggest trying wet n wild blush in heather silk the colour is slightly off but it's still a beautiful raspberry but without the shimmer and only $5. U can also sweep on an light bronzer or highlighter to give it the same glow as gentle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have had this blush for years and never really touched it because I think that it applies patchy... until I found the secret! With the mineralize blushes I have figured out that if you use the "sweep" motion you will get a patchier application than if you pat it onto the cheeks. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but its almost like you are softly pushing it into your skin (I use the MAC 168). I'm not saying it's the best blush ever -- the color is a bit much for my NC25 skin -- but it's better than I thought.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No