September 17, 2014 | 2047 users online

Sunscreen - Peter Thomas Roth - Uber Dry Sunscreen SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Helan

This product is too oily to my face, even though i have normal skin. But i have found an acception desicion - mixing it with gel-cream for oily skin - so the relevant consistency is mat on my skin. The tube is amazing - gives the correct amount of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best sunscreen ever! As a sun conscious girl who lives in Hawaii, I need to wear sunscreen everyday, even at school. This is perfect for layering under makeup. Super lightweight and doesn't feel greasy AT ALL. Doesn't make skin white or anything. So sad they discontinued this but I found bottles on eBay for cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by kellyadams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how this s/s gets such positive reviews! I have very oily, VERY fair skin with a history of skin cancer, so I'm kind of a sunscreen junky. The "uber dry" moniker sold me, and I bought a bottle awhile back. No white cast, felt okay on my skin, but unfortunately this s/s pills up something awful and just flakes right off... Disqualifying for me since I need to wear it under m/u. Too bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by reeshamaicha

So I have been using this product for a long time after trying almost everything. And there's no other product that matches this. Its non greasy and protects my skin. I use this even during the summer, I actually used this product while i went to the beach and did not get burned. SO A+ product. this product is great and i will continue to buy it until its available.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by hebraic1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am an African-American with extremely oily skin. I purchased this product after reading the reviews. Some good and some not-so-good. So I decided to try it for myself. I don't usually wear foundation and powder due to the extreme oiliness I'm forced to contend with during the warmer months. Not worth it since it mixes with the oil and practically disappears. Today was my first usage; and I love it! Left a powdery feel and just a slight shine opposed to the usual extreme shine. I am so glad that I purchased it. The price point was excellent since I purchased it from TJMAXX. (It was the only tube that they had.)

8/9 -An update to my initial review. I was in the heat today and noticed that the only area of my face to perspire was the skin directly underneath my eyes. NO place else. My face was as powdery as it was before I left home. Love it! Going to see if I can find another tube of this at TJMaxx. Also, as another reviewer documented; there is no white sheen when putting it on.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by dianadelin

I bought this product based on the high make-up alley reviews. I don't agree with the majority. This pills not only under makeup, but also on your body. It does work as a sunscreen, but I don't use it because of the pilling.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by sullenmoon

I found this really protected my fair skin, but still allowed me to toast. It's completely un-greasy and did not break me out at all. o far, I'm loving it. I'm packing it for a trip to the Virgin Islands...let's see how it fares there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Here's the confusing literature on this product. There is a label on it saying it's "Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation". So naturally, one would think the ingredients are good for blocking uva/uvb rays. One would think it's photostable. The problem is when you read the ingredients in this product, you find this:
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
AVOBENZONE 2.00%
HOMOSALATE 8.00%
OCTINOXATE 7.50%
OCTISALATE 5.00%
OXYBENZONE 3.50%

Avobenzone is unstable, and when combined with octinoxate it is further destabilized. Unless there is another product introduced into the ingredients to stablilize the performance, the product is not considered stable. It's not useless, just not as effective. So I would fathom that depending how much sun you plan on being outside in you want to use a product that is considered more stable.
I've used this product from the spring thru the fall and I'm lighter than fair. I didn't get any color at all this season, which is fine by me. I don't do the sun unless forced to, for example, walking my dogs. I'm not a sun-lover and never have been. I'll use this tube but next year I'll be sure to check the stability first before purchase. There are other good ingredients in the product good for your skin, and that's a definite plus. It's smooth, creamy, blends in well and isn't noticeable before/after make-up.
I have written the company asking them questions and will post their answer when received.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this spf for years as no secret I rave about the PTR line all the time because I have always been impressed with the amazing quality of the products and have tried so many. I have insanely fussy super breakout/clog/oily prone skin. I have yet to ever find an spf in existance that isn't full of alcohol, cones, and clogging ingredients that leaves my face matte and isnt heavy. This spf was the only thing that ever did that for me and great price for the amount you get. BUT the cold hard facts are that is is completely UNSTABLE as I found out a while back. I was really surprised and dissapointed in the only amazing formula for problem skin types offers no true sun protection. In that what is the point you might as well be using a regular moisturizer. What shcocks me is PTR has so many other spf products that are actually stable protection yes all those are rediculously greasy/heavy and didnt come close to being okay for my skin. Since giving this one up I have never founda replacement and gave up on spf as not worth it ruining/breaking out my skin considering all the effort I put in with other skincare to stay clear you know lol. I have hopes one day they might reformulate and make this one stable but until then sorry ladies this moisturizer is worthless as a so called "SPF".

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kookoo4mike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, I use this product on my face only. I have looked high and low for a good spf for my face that didn't break me out and this was it. The texture is great, it absorbs into my skin quickly and gives a nice, matte finish. And for a 4.2 oz size at around $26, that's cheap! I have oily complexion and used this product all thru summer and never once gave me a pimple where others did. Absolutely wonderful product! And btw, i used around my eye area too with no problems.