April 17, 2014 | 937 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Synfonia04

This is my FAVORITE drugstore mascara ever! I LOVEE the volume and length it gives my lashes.

When I first got it, I had a love/hate relationship but I gave it another try a month later and fell in love. I have been using it for 2 years now, it's truly the best.

I once went to the nail salon and the lady doing my nails thought my lashes were false lashes and she made all the people working there come look at my lashes. She wouldn't believe that I just had 2 coats of the Colossal by Maybelline. It was a nice thing that people actually noticed my lashes.

The brush is absolutely perfect! It's a "fat" brush but it's easy to use and doesn't hurt or bother my eyes at all. The bristles aren't stiff or hard. The brush is the reason my lashes look great after I use this product. Amazing results. 100% recommend without hesitation! Great job Maybelline!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by samanthaweldon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

At first, I loved this mascara. It made my lashes appear longer and thicker with one coat. After using it for a few months I started noticing the not-so-good things about it. After a few hours of wear, it will flake little black specs under your eyes no matter how many coats you put on. It dries out very quickly, and that's not even from day-to-day use.
For the price and being a drugstore mascara, I do like it. I would repurchase it and I will continue to use it..until I find a better one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by BeautyGeniusJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this mascara kind of reminds me of maybelline full 'n soft mascara. almost the same classic brush but this mascara makes my lashes darker than the full 'n soft. this mascara did made my lashes brittle, which is a con but for the price, it's actually a really good mascara. this is more of a lengthening mascara so if you're looking for tons of volume, i recommend using 3 coats of this mascara. it also has a faint rosy smell which most people hate but it didn't bother me at all, it fades anyway. it didn't clump my lashes either, woohoo! :)

PROS
+adds length
+adds a little bit of volume, a lot of volume if you apply 2-3 coats
+doesn't clump my lashes
+dark pigment (I used the classic black one)
+separates my lashes well
+cute, yellow packaging

CONS
-made my lashes brittle
-a little bit of flaking, not much that i can't handle

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara!
I love the formula and the brush!
Builds very nicely. Gives me doll lashes!
I've used it in classic black and glam black.
I always go back to this mascara and maybelline full n' soft.
I feel like they are both gentle on my lashes and wear very well.
For the price and the quality I get with this product, it has been something I pick up again and again. It's under $6 and easy to find.
I have had problems with the plunger on the tube coming away with the wand. Gets a bit messy but nothing that can't be fixed easily.
Overall, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I don't typically use mascara. I have big eyelashes as it is. so when I use this my lashes are huge. I never understood why mascara had to smell so funny, and this on is no exception. it's not too bad to wash off. overall its a good mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by NinaGrimes29

I wasn't crazy about this mascara. I just recently started using mascara and I prefer mascaras that have more natural effect. For the longest time I used to just curl my lashes. I think I have decent lashes, so I was looking for mascara that would separate them, if it also added some volume and length then great. First of all, this mascara was very wet, also it made my lashes clamp up with only just one coat ( I only wear 1 coat of mascara). I started wiping bush on tissue and then it was ok but still not great. Overall it's an OK mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by MakeupJunkie259

amazing mascara. I've owned the waterproof and non waterproof version and both are very good, but I prefer waterproof more. this mascara gives great volume to my lashes with an occasional clump here and there but I don't mind. It holds my curl all day and doesn't smudge. it's my favourite mascara that I use everyday

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by kristynad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best one out of drugstore mascaras!

I always liked big brushes when it comes to mascaras and this one has a really big one. It gives my lashes a lot of volume, it gives them length and it holds a curl.
Usually i use a lash curler firstly, then apply one layer of this mascara, leave it to dry, then I use lash curler once more and apply a second coat of mascara and it gives me beautiful, long, separated lashes with loads of volume.
Also, it doesn´t clump and it stays all day, it never smudged on me.
Really like this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Kait89

This is one of my favorites, if not my favorite mascara. I continuously go back to this mascara. Always reliable, gives me exactly what i want. Thick, long, voluminous lashes. I have fairly nice lashes already, but this enhances them even more. Will continue to use!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by gabbyy3789

This is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras. It goes on so nice and adds a good amount of thickness to my lashes. If you use this with another mascara, you're lashes look evennn longer its so pretty. I don't find it clumpy, I think the brush does a good job eliminating it and separating lashes