September 23, 2014 | 1860 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jennthejenn

I use the #23 shade and it works well enough for my NC 25-30 skin. It is on the grey side and can look a little light, but that can be fixed with a little bronzer. It doesn't oxidize on me and provides great medium to full coverage if I build on it. A little can go a long way. The formula is pretty thick and sticky so it takes some work to get it blended into the skin. I apply it with a RT foundation buffing brush and it looks flawless. The finish is semi-matte and does leave a bit of a glow. My skin is really oily especially in the T-zone and this is the only BB cream I've tried that does not make me an oil slick after a few hours. In fact, it can last as long and as well as my Revlon colorstay, as long as I set it with a powder. Definitely set it with a powder to keep it from feeling tacky. It even stays put when it gets a bit wet so I don't worry about having it on while exercising or in the rain. I have even worn it while out on the water since it has a high SPF. The packaging is travel friendly and is easy to keep hygenic. It has a slight fragrance but it doesn't bother me as much as a Garnier BB cream. It doesn't break me out and works well to cover my acne and discoloration. I like to use this when I'm not using my Revlon colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by RNkids

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

#23 color shade. Good match for me [other foundation shades used: Dior B30, YSL B50, Shiseido I4, Chanel B30]. Creamy & easy application with fingers or sponge; also, has no detectable scent. Need only 1 pump for me and has good coverage and high SPF. Did not oxidize on me. I use a light dusting of HD powder to set it. It lasts through the day but longer in air conditioned environments as opposed to high humidity. I'm sensitive to products and this product offered no adverse reactions. My daughter also liked this products performance as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by tine1696

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the shade in 27 and the yellow-based color has worked well for me. For color comparison, I'm matched to Estee Lauder's Double wear (Tawny), Invisible Fluid (Tawny), Double wear light (Intensity 2 and 3). Missha's shade 27 works well for me and it is my first BB cream that is yellow-based instead of the usual greyish tint of most BB creams.

A little bit (half a pump) goes a long way for this product. The consistency is similar to EL Double wear light. I prefer to wear this alone, without a dusting of loose powder over, and the product generally lasts half a day. With the loose powder over it (I use EL loose powder), it tends to cake a little and looks patchy after half a day.

It is pretty good in concealing minor imperfections and on a lazy day I could get away without using a concealor all together.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Schmanna22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite like this base product. I generally wear foundations, because I think TM's and BB creams are generally light foundations, and if it's any lighter than that, I figure I may as well go bare faced. That said, whatever works, right? This is pretty emollient, and leaves a dewy finish on the skin, so it suits my normal to dry skin quite nicely. If you're oily, you will likely need to set this with a powder. Hell, I run a powder over my t zone with this stuff because it is not afraid to shine.

It does leave a grayish cast at first, but if you wait a few minutes, it will oxidize to its true color. It provides an incredible amount of coverage for a BB cream, almost medium I would say. It lasts pretty much all day on me without a primer, and I find it looks pretty natural when rubbed into the skin in thin layers with just the fingers.

I really like this BB cream. It's the only one in my arsenal of foundations, and I wear it with the same idea in mind as say, my Revlon Nearly Naked. Great for daytime, hot summer nights, or situations where I don't want it to be obvious that I'm wearing a face o' slap.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This BB creme is too white for my complexion. It makes me look grey and ghost like. The coverage was light and it doesnt stay on for the whole day either. I dont even know if the sunscreen works or not. The only things I like about it are its pumping tube and that it is natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This was given as a gift hence i didnt get to pick the shade. Shade number 23 is a tad dark for me... But i guess it gives a warmer tone to my otherwise pale complexion. This BB cream comes with medium coverage and somewhat gives a flawless complexion. Texture wise this is rich (but not oily)... It has the texture of a moisturiser, without the powdery feel to it. Blendability is easy and also has your SPF covered (spf 42 +++). I have no complaints on this bb cream-if i would repurchase it'd be shade 21 which i believe would have been a closer fit for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Evilbee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great texture, coverage and staying power. It really evens out my redness, but doesn't completely fade out my freckles so it looks very natural. 21 is the perfect colour for my fair skin. I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it - this is one of my most favourite BB creams as it's so easy and foolproof to use, the consistency of this formula is very light for a BB cream, I find 2 pumps is more than adequate to build up to a light to medium coverage, evens out skin tone beautifully but you still have the look of healthy skin which is nice and natural.

If you are NC 15 or lighter this is the BB cream you need in your life, I have found the perfect match in No.13 for my NC 15 yellow under toned skin, I suspect I am more fair than this in the winter so this is my perfect winter BB, when my skin is slightly tanned in summer past NC 15 this is too light but wearable with some bronzer.

My favourite way to apply this is with a spritzed, slightly dampened flat top kabuki, this is a very easy formula to buff in. I get a good days wear out of this easily and as I have normal - combination skin still need a little powder for my nose and forehead. I have been using Hourglass Ethereal and Nars Light Reflecting pressed powder with this and very happy with the results. Will certainly be buying this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is just about the strangest make-up review I've ever written.

MISSHA is a very well-respected Asian purveyor of BB Creams (and other stuff). Before we go further though I think we need to address the elephant in the room...

Korean BB creams are NOT the same as American BB creams! No, no they are not! If a Korean BB cream represents the favourite child, its American counterpart is the red-headed step-child.

Korean = champagne
US = Mr Pibb.

And that's perfectly okay - sometimes you want a glass of luxury, sometimes you want a mouth full of sugar saturated soft drink. Both have their places.

Moving on then.

I bought #23 and it arrived very quickly. The packaging is ... well, to me it looks like one of my late Mum's expensive face creams so I tend to associate the burgundy/gold with spendy. It also has a pump dispenser which does promote lack'o'bacteria at least to some extent.

Out of all the various potions and lotions sitting around, I couldn't make up my mind so I eventually reached into pile and randomly pulled one out (ELF's BB cream) to act as a control. Each was put to the test

Fragrance: If ELF's smell is the cutest most adorable little chubby-cheeked newborn, then MISSHA would smell like the wrong end of the baby.

Consistency: MISSHA markedly thicker than ELF. If anyone can remember Avon's foundations from say...1990...MISSHA would have just about the same consistency.

Coverage: MISSHA won this hands down. ELF is great for "oh crap I need a gallon of mik, what's the quickest way to make myself look less frightening to other shoppers" crises. MISSHA on the other hand ran off ahead of ELF, did its shopping and carried the bags home before ELF had really gotten started.

Blendability: MISSHA does take longer to blend down, so ELF won this round

Longevity: Again MISSHA ran circles around ELF.

Now here's the problem. It doesn't matter how I prepare my skin - if I'm dehydrated, I'm going to be cakey. ELF does this more often, but is infinitely more forgiving. You get caked ELF, you fix it in about 45 seconds. If MISSHA goes on cakey, you're starting from scratch.

For me, MISSHA - when it works as planned - is a much better product. ELF though is more reliable. Essentially this one boils down to exacty what you want the product to do If you need consistency and the ability to touch up throughout the day, stick with ELF. If you want to have a better product, but don't want or need to be touching up, go with MISSHA.

* I asked my husband to help me. I told him it was all sciency and stuff, and that's why he's currently walking around with foundations and BB creams covering his arms.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by kaysae

I can't believe I haven't done a review for this product yet, it's amazing! Well, maybe not that amazing, but it works pretty damn well. For reference I am a NC15-20 and I have both original shades 21 and 23. No. 21 is a good match for people with slightly fair-light skin color (Mac 15-lighter 20's/Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff), No. 23 is probably better suited towards darker NC 20's-25. However No. 21 is I would say leans slightly more pink toned whereas 23 is more yellow in comparison. Both also have a slight grey cast, but it does oxidize a bit to fade away. I have combination skin, dry (sometimes flaky) cheeks/forehead with an oily nose, and overall staying power is pretty decent (~5-6 hrs/I don't powder) and it actually fades away pretty naturally, if that makes any sense. The formula is a bit thick but creamy, with a medium coverage that dries to a satin, with a tiny bit of a tacky/sticky finish. I use my fingers to apply but occasionally I'll use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush; both methods work nicely, I feel like I get more coverage when using my fingers though. The price varies depending where you get it from, I always buy the 50ml version (there is a smaller 20ml) for about ~$13-14 online. My favorite part about it is the amazing sun protection of SPF 42 it gives, which in downside does cast white in flash photography (I looked shining bright white). Also, there is a light powdery fragrance to it, I like it but some people might not. I love this stuff, have repurchased and will continue to do so.