July 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by x1n0nlygrlx

Broke me out! It seem to be all Mac foundation. Plus coverage sucks. Color match however was perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Nirvei

Finally couldn't wait to find a foundation match as I found a MAC stall when I was abroad. The consultant matched me wrong twice but I bought it in a NC35 due to a sun tan. Product seemed promising, I was told it wouldn't break my acne-prone combination skin due to "minerals" however within a few days I saw pimples emerge from my skin angrily. I did not like the finish at all, it had glitter and looked like my skin was a replica of Barbie's plastic. I'm pleased to hear that they discontinued such a waste of money. The only thing I liked about this was the pump...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ellsknight

Never never never again. I went to mac and asked for a light coverage dewy foundation and the shop assistant suggested this formulation tor my skin type and I still to this day have no idea why. She tried the colour on my cheek and down towards my neck and to be fair, the colour was perfect for me but the actual formulation itself is awful! The texture is fairly standard for a foundation however is a little bit thicker then I would expect for a lighter foundation, I guess I expected a water based formulation such as face and body. The main reason I really dislike this foundation is because it contains far too much glitter, so much so that you can visibly see chunks of glitter in daylight which is not to my liking. I also do not like that it clings to any dryness, blemishes and seems to emphasis spots leaving a dry feeling on my skin. Overall, I feel like I made a serious rookie error buying this foundation and I quite literally might as well have thrown £30 in the bin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LIKES:
    The pump is nice.

DISLIKES:
    Broke me out horribly. There's no NW15 but the NW20 is a close enough match at first, then oxidizes in random spots. It showcased my dry spots, but looked really shiny and oily (how does that work?). It doesn't last. It wouldn't blend well. It sat on my face and stayed sticky/tacky for over three hours.

Will not buy again. I wish I hadn't traded my Matchmaster in for this. I don't blame MAC for discontinuing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Goldenpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dont like this, it make my pores scream out at you, and doesent cover anything!
    And it has glitter, so you shine like a disco ball.
    It might work if you put thick layer of base on before, and dont go out until after dark.
    Will not repurchase...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by elfftw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely no bang for your buck. That much is for sure. I have tricky skin, and it did not like this foundation, at all. At the time I bought it, I thought, Hey! let's get this satiny one. Never again. Matte foundation for ever more.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by ct92

I bought this after someone at the MAC counter said it was a good match, and I hadn't thought to ask for a sample. When I started using it, I realised that it was far too satin-y for my very-slightly-oily skin. It's also too dark in NC15. I swapped it away and won't be repurchasing it, but I'm sure it might work for someone who likes a glowy look and can find the right shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by paris2992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

b4 I review I've noticed that most of the bad/average reviews come from ppl who have either oily, sensitive or combo skin.... surprise surprise this foundation is not meant for you! Please, inform yourself before spending money and writing uninstructed reviews on a product; make sure it is the right product for your skin type (seems obvious enough doesn't it?). This foundation is made for ppl with slightly dry to normal skin. That being said, it is a good foundation, it will provide light to medium coverage depending on how the product is applied. Lasts a full six hours before starting to fade. Looks good on pictures and provides a nice dewy finish.

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Divanance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this foundation sooooo much! Its greasy and thats not cute for oily skin people! I bought it bcuz i like mac and the MUA said i should try it because i refuse to wear studio fix fluid again which broke me and looked heavy like a mask (eww i hate that) . So I switched to this one. What a waste. This foundation is so horrible. It feels so nasty on my skin after a couple of hours or less it looks like its melting off or something! Disgusting I have to constantly blot my face! The only good thing is the bottle is with a pump! I would not buy this again ever in life!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Ritarella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am unsure about this one and I was trying to read all the other reviews to understand whether it was just my problem, and apparently it is not, at least not for a couple of the issues I found.
    First of all, this is waaaaaaaaay to shimmery, when the sun hits your face (which does not happen often here in the UK but sometimes it does), you glow like a bicycle reflector in the night. Why did they do that at Mac?! Mah.
    Secondly, I do agree that the coverage is light, however it is buildable, but the shades suffers a bit, it becomes darker.
    Lastly, I am a fantastic match to NW30 in the Mineralize Foundation compact, so I just assumed I was the same in this satinfinish liquid one... WRONG! It's too dark for me. So bear this in mind, the shades are different across formulations.
    I don't know if I'll buy this again, I still have to decide what to make of this...
    EDIT: won't buy again, this might be OK for an evening out during the summer, but I can't go to work covered in glitter/shimmer...