February 1, 2015 | 1126 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 3:30:00 AM More reviews by JKimber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG for contouring! This is by far the best used for contouring. It is a complete MUST-HAVE! I have yet to use it as an allover bronzer bc it is still too far away from spring/summer, and because I usually like to use a slightly shimmery bronzer for all over. This is very dark in the pan, but looks so natural on. It actually mimics the natural color of the shadows of my cheeks perfectly! It is very highly pigmented and requires a light hand. It is completely matte, the texture is silky, not chalky at all, and it stays all day. I don't get too much fallout when using either. I just tap my contour brush onto the product, apply, and blend out any harsh lines. This does require blending skills because of the color intensity. I absolutely love it and will definitely repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 11:38:00 PM More reviews by laranoesta

I am on my 2nd pan of this and my sister and I cannot get enough!
This is the only matte bronzer I use for contouring my cheekbones and forehead. It adds dimension without looking too dirty or muddy as many other bronzers do

I also use this as an eyeshadow in my crease when Im going for a easy going every day look

The bronzer comes in a little sleeve thing that I throw away the second I open it haha, and the actual little pan thing has like a magnet in it or something that helps it stay closed, so its very convenient and easy to travel with

I buy mine online or at Kohls

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Ckliki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this bronzer every single day for almost a year and just recently hit pan on it. I use it as my contour product, and it needs a very light hand, but has great staying power and I would definitly repurchase. It is 7.08 grams, and seriously lasts forever. I do wish the packaging was slightly more solid. I don't take my makeup with me on the go so it doesn't make a huge difference for me, but I think if your on the go girl the magnetic piece wouldn't be enough to stop it from flopping open.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG CONTOURING PRODUCT! I use it every time I contour and it's perfect for my nc20 skin. I don't like a subtle contour though, so keep in mind that it is quite intense. it is completely matte which is fantastic and it really does warm up my face if it's used as a bronzer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail baby!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Dollface02501

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is absolutly a great bronzer withoit any orange undertones. As it is a matte bronzer i use it as a contoure color. The pigmentation is good whitout being overly pigmented. I think this color would work well on many different skin tones too. Overall a great bronzer/contouring color!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great bronzer with absolutely no orange undertones. It is completely matte and works wonderfully as a contour color. The pigmentation is good but its not overly pigmented where it looks like there is dirt on your face and it blends easily. I think this color would work well on very light to medium-deep skin tones. It is cruelty free and to my knowledge does not contain any animal ingredients either. I also love the balms retro printed thick cardboard style compacts with a magnet closure. They are far more durable than I originally thought they would be.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Gkwarren

Bought this product as I had read a lot of reviews comparing it to Nars Laguna (which is my all time favourite). I was very disappointed with this product, product is very soft causing it to be messy when you dip your brush in it. I also found it to apply very muddy, using the same brush and technique used with Nars Laguna. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by bubbelbad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I use my bronzers only for contouring, to sculpt out the cheekbones that I do not have, not for an over-all bronzed look, nor do I use it to 'warm up my face' or create a 'sunkissed look', just to create a shadow on the places that I want to have a shadow on. That being said, I LOVE this bronzer for that.

The pigmentation: It is very pigmented, but not to the point where it's hard to work with (even for pale people like me). I just dip the tip of my brush in there and it's enough for one cheek. So if you're not used to pigmented/dark bronzers then yes, you will need to get used to it. Only thing that I can say is that it's worth the effort! You also must know that I prefer subtle over really visible makeup, and you can make this as subtle or as intense as you like, so don't be afraid of that. Works well as a eyeshadow too!

The colour: Darker than most bronzers. This has way less orange in it than most bronzers out there, too. This one is more cooltoned than warmtoned, but I'd say it's pretty neutral. I own the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil one too, but to be COMPLETELY honest, it's just a tiny tiny *tad* too orangy for my liking, and I prefer this over the Too Faced one. That's right, I said it. A lot of people would probably disagree with me but remember, I'm just not a fan of the sunkissed look on me (don't ask me why).
Being very pale, I can totally get away with it (although it should be used with moderation). It doesn't look muddy one me (which I thought was the case with NYX Taupe - don't throw rocks at me!), at all. It doesn't have any red, (as said) orange, yellow, green, what have you - undertones to it, it's just a nice neutral-brownish color, without being muddy.
Not to forget: it's completely matte, so that makes it perfect for contouring.

Product: Blending is not the easiest, but is definitly not hardest to do either. Just apply some facepowder to the brush before you do it! The product doesn't really have a smell to it, you just smell a subtle unpleasent scent when you really dip your nose in there. Doesn't bother me, however.

Packaging: A like for me. Opens and shuts nicely, not too loose or too hard to open. I heard some people experience mold (or something that looks like it) one the packaging, but I think that's from people who live in a humid and warm climate, and since it doesn't close off vacuum-like (or at least not as good as with a 'normal' lid) a tiny bit of air can get through which can cause it - but that's just my interpretation, correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm sure this doesn't happen often. I didn't experience it.
I find the print of a bronzed lady on a tropical beach (Bahamas) lovely, but that's subjective of course.

Price: I payed 17 euro's (around 24 dollars I think) but it will last a long long time, and personally I think it's worth it.

Also: Cruelty- and parabenfree. It gets a 1 on the skindeep (ewg.org) website (which means it doesn't have any harmful ingredients that will infiltrate your skin), so that's a big plus!

Overall: Holy grail contouring product!! Pale people can get away with it but medium skintones will obviously too. If you're willing to put some effort in it, it will definitly pay off. Worth the price! Repurchasing when I run out? Can I get a HELL YEAH?!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just ordered a new one since my last one got empty. I did not order a new one right away because I had other bronzers I needed to empty, but this is definitely the best one. And it lasts for aaages! Worth the money! Gives a nice shadow, and doesn't looks shimmery as other bronzers..Packaging is cool as well