April 17, 2014 | 1521 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Vive Pro Glossy Volume Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by thowell124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this one has been discontinued, however, I have seen it recently at one of the drug stores - CVS I believe. I would definitely repurchase again if they continued to make it. I went through 3 bottles of it and loved it. I have odd combination hair - dry scalp, oily roots and extremely dry, brittle ends. My hair is medium-thick and this shampoo gave my hair so much bounce, and the best part was the shine. Not even Pantene gave me the shine that this one did. I would definitely recommend, and wish L'Oreal would stop discontinuing products that work well!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by pigz4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo! It made my hair shiny! and it smells so good!
I have been using it since eighth grade

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by rockandlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is absolutely fantastic! I use it with the coordinating conditioner. It's comparable to Chi's Magnified Volume at a fraction of the cost. I love the smell. The product adds a lot of natural looking volume to my fine, thin hair. It leaves my hair shiny and glossy. When I first started using this, I got a lot of compliments from friends, male co-workers, and even strangers. This is my new go-to shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

I don't know if it's just because it's winter but it has made my head ITCHY and DRY. It worked good for volume the first two or three uses but after that, nothing. It leaves my hair dryed out and frizzy and the conditioner doesn't condition very well. It smells pretty good and the packaging is adorable (that's what made me buy it) and the price is ok but I wouldn't buy it again. I really wish it does what it says, darn it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This review is for the shampoo for normal hair. It caused my scalp to become dry and irritated.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by CluelessBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this with the conditioner and the conditioner does make up for it. As said in a past review the shampoo does take longer to rinse out. And this shampoo doesn't do much at all for my fine hair, it would probably work better on thicker hair and wavier hair. And with coupons and sales, it's work buying. I would be willing to buy again because of the cheap price, but would love to try something else for volume as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall i do not like loreal shampoo . They make my hair fall out.
MY HG IS GANAIR FRUITUS shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this shampoo for the past couple months and I really have had no complaints with it (nothing like the horrible reviews below). Maybe the manufacturer made a mistake and it is actually not suitable for fine hair? Because I actually have thick, course hair but I am always looking for more bounce and volume, so I picked this shampoo up because it was on sale. I doesn't work extraordinarily well for me, but it's not horrible either. Plus, the smell is divine (reminds me of strawberry shortcake) The only complaint I have is that it is a bit thick and gummy and takes a while longer to rinse out than other shampoos, so I just use less.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by talin99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible shampoo...it left my hair very greasy and did not clean my hair at all...i ended up with dandruff after using this shampoo for a week bc it did not clean well...after i switched it was all back to normal! do not buyyyy!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Wow, guess this product must agree well with my hair given the reviews. I really liked it, it worked well for my normal-oily, medium thick, medium length dark hair. It lived up to all it's promises, it gave my hair some volume (but not huge hair- that would have been nice though!) and it certainly left my hair glossy and shiny without making it appear greasy. I also used the matching conditioner- I'd only use a small pea size amount, any more and my hair would have been limp and instead of shine it would have looked greasy. Lastly, it smells simply of typical L'oreal shampoo- clean and soapy. Although I prefer my hair to smell more like coconut or anything Aveda.

The only problem with this shampoo, is I have to take a break between each bottle I buy, otherwise it loses it's affect. Secondly, it doesn't work well in the late fall/winter months. Suddenly my hair becomes frizzy and hard to manage with this product (I haven't figured out why that is). It's ideal for fun Summer hair, but it doesn't give me the right moisture balance for the more drying winter.

Other than that, I might buy it again, unless I find something better.