Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color-Granite

4.7

Ingredients Talc , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Dimethicone , Isononyl Isononanoate , Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate , Zinc Stearate , C26-28 Alkyl Dimethicone , PCA Dimethicone , Methylparaben , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Nylon-12 , Dimethiconol , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate , Octyldodecanol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Retinyl Palmitate , Iron Oxides May Contain Ingredients Carmine , Ultramarines , Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide , Titanium Dioxide , Mica

on 12/8/2012 12:36:00 AM

I purchased this product about 8 months ago and I have been using it on and off. I have finally hit pan on this product. The eyeshadow is a medium pigmentation but it crumbles very easily and because of the soft texture it leaves a lot of fallout if I don't tap the brush off. I find that I can't use this product of a crease brush because all of it ends down under my eyes. To make this product work I have to put it on a stiff flat brush and then blend it out. This eyeshadow is extremely difficult to work with in comparison to MAC Satin Taupe and Urban Decay Mushroom which in my opinion are worth the extra money.
I have a major complaint with this packaging, I bought a significant amount of Mary Kay products because they are so cheap, but I refuse to pay $35 to put all of these products in a container when I would much rather have the price included instead and get the compacts included.

on 4/7/2011 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE the color of this shadow. I use on full lid alone most days as my everday nuetral look, but you can dress this up into a nice smokey eye for evenings out as well. It would be a 5 for me if MK sold their products WITH the compact and not seperately, but since I now have a compact I would re-purchase!

on 1/29/2011 7:46:00 PM

This is my very favourite go-to shadow! I use it almost every day and on my 4th purchase of it. It goes on smoothly and can be worn light or dark...daytime or evening wear. LOVE it!!!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am not really a fan of the Mary Kay line but this color is great. You can get a smoky eye without looking too made up. I have also used it as a eye liner too.

on 12/20/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this eye shadow. The color is very pigmented, the feel is silky smooth and blends beautifully, and it really makes my green eyes pop.

I love neutral colors, and this particular shadow can be used on its own for a subtle daytime look, or mixed with a brighter, bolder color for a more dramatic evening look. It really serves in a wide variety of capacities and looks amazing however its used.

Yep everything they say is true lol. This stuff is great. It looks just like a grey eyeshadow in the case but lemme tell ya... its not. Its super pigmented and makes my eyes POP. MaryKay gets their shadows right! Get this off of ebay or see if you can find a consultant whos cheap or runs specials. Back in the day I sold MK so I got a huge discount, thank goodness now I have friends that still sell it or I would buy from ebay.

on 4/18/2010 11:57:00 PM

I wish Mary Kay eyeshadows came in better packages and you didn't need to buy a compact. BUT, despite that, I LOVE this color! I was smitten the first time I put it on. Everyone always comments when I wear it on how much they like it, and it's super versatile.

on 3/12/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color as others have mentioned is similar to mac's smoke and diamonds, but I think this color is more of a brown grey than a blue grey so I prefer this to the s&d. The color is grey, taupey with pink sorta and brown. I use this for a grey smokey eye on the lid with mk's coal in the outer corner with crystalline as a highlight. I don't wear it that often but when I do I get many compliments. This like all the mary kay shadows and blushes, is not sold with the compact (has to be purchased separately) That is the only con. The pigmentation is ridiculously good and super soft buttery texture make it a dream application. Will buy again especially since the price is so great!

on 2/17/2010 11:29:00 PM

This mineral eye shadow is wonderful. A little goes a long way and i've noticed that I rarely get any creasing. I've used it in the crease to add depth to my eyes, applied to lower lid for a going out at night look, and also used it to make a great smoky eye.

on 11/27/2009 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This shadow is one of my all-time favorites! The color is amazing. As someone else mentioned, it's a great dupe for MAC's Smoke & Diamonds (Limited Edition color), which I have, but I prefer Mary Kay's Granite. It's a very pretty taupe/silver/brown/grey with shimmer (which I love) and goes great with purples, browns, greys, etc. It's my favorite shadow to use for a smokey eye. The texture is amazing and it applies "like butter"... it is very smooth and extremely pigmented, so a little bit of product goes a long way. This is my new love and I will definitely buy it over and over again... which is fine, because the price is so great!

Top Rated Mary Kay Products